Matt Kegel commits!!!

die hard gopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In case you didn't know, 6-5.5, 303 OG-OT from Chaska with offers from Oklahoma State, Pitt and Iowa State and was the second/third O-lineman Limegrover offered in the 2016 class along with Schlueter. Ranked as high the the #29 OG on Scout.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2644257/highlights/164619375' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>.

7th instate recruit, 8th from the Midwest. Nice.

Now time to hit the south hard. This is turning into a solid class.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What kind of statement does this make? If you live here, stay here. Kids growing up now will see their favorite team and want to play for them because they will see them on national TV. Not everyone gets BTN but everyone can watch ABC. BRICK BY BRICK BABY!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "Gopher State Coup" continues!

Chili = Molten Hot

My chili is so damn hot right now my whole GI system is going to need to be fixed... and it's only May

Hard to believe that at this point 247 has our class ranked 27th nationally ahead of the Michigan Harbaughs, and we have the same number of commitments. It only means something if you prove it on the field, but on paper this is unbelievable.

Edit: Oops, read that again. The Harbaughs only have 6 commits. The progress is still crazy though

The one I was afraid we might miss (for no real reason). Love, love, love this class. Top kids, top academics, top athletes, B1G size.

Congrats to Matt. Congrats to the staff. Congrats to us, the fans!

Really interesting that Kegel said he knew about a week ago he was coming here. Shows that he's pretty locked into his decision and has a level head on his shoulders (vs just committing on the fly and then sorting it out later).

Hard to believe that at this point 247 has our class ranked 27th nationally ahead of the Michigan Harbaughs, and we have the same number of commitments. It only means something if you prove it on the field, but on paper this is unbelievable.

Edit: Oops, read that again. The Harbaughs only have 6 commits. The progress is still crazy though

I agree with your second statement more than your first. The progress is, indeed, encouraging (to say the least). But this class needs to be rounded out before we can truly judge it. If the Gophers can add a couple more 4-star players and a handful of solid 3-stars, it would fall into the "unbelievable" category. But it's not there yet.

I agree with your second statement more than your first. The progress is, indeed, encouraging (to say the least). But this class needs to be rounded out before we can truly judge it. If the Gophers can add a couple more 4-star players and a handful of solid 3-stars, it would fall into the "unbelievable" category. But it's not there yet.

So you're saying we just need to land Nigel Warrior, Matt Farniok and the rest of the Minnesota kids and we're set? Sounds simple enough

I am really happy with Matt committing to the U. I think he will move inside and play guard. He has it all before him. He brings size, technique, strength, nastiness, and finishing his blocks. Congratulations, Matt.

I am really happy with Matt committing to the U. I think he will move inside and play guard. He has it all before him. He brings size, technique, strength, nastiness, and finishing his blocks. Congratulations, Matt.

Welcome Mat to the U of M!!!

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

Not sure I've ever been more optimistic about Gopher football. Life is good.

Not that I'll ever be accused of being the ray of sunshine, but compared to where we were the last 2 years on this date, this class wins in a landslide.

We're still behind our nemesis Western Michigan though (no joke).

Now currently the 22nd ranked class on Scout and not that it will stay this way but ahead of Michigan, Texas, Auburn, Nebraska and Louisville to name a few. Louisville actually has 8 commits and Florida has 9 so it's not just a case of getting a lot of bad players committed early. Quality AND quantity.

Top Bottom