Matt Kegel commits!!!

Levels of building a program:
1. We have no chance to win
2. we might be able to pull off an upset if everything goes our way
3. we can compete with this team
4. we should be favored over this team
5. the other team has no chance to win

I feel that Kill has the Gophers at about a 3.5 right now. another strong season (9 or 10 wins) moves the meter to a solid 4. The real question - can the Gophers turn into a level 5 program - like an Ohio State - where they expect to win every game. I don't know, but it's fun to dream about.

You know, Mason should get some credit for this. The kids turning 18 next year were born in 1998, right about when Glen started. Glen's rehabilitation of our program made Gopher football relevant again.

You forgot your sarcasm font or the tailing /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Mr. Nasty can redshirt and be the next great center at Minnesota.

I agree about the difficulty in bringing up 5-star southern kids to Minnesota. However, if we get a couple more bowl seasons like the last one, I think the shine is going to keep coming off the SEC. Hopefully, it will be like the Wizard of Oz when the curtain is pulled away. Then, Big Ten schools will be more attractive to these southern kids who've been preached at that the SEC is the only place to play the highest level of college football.
We need a bowl win to take it up a level- we need to get a top QB in this class. That is the tough part when we're the last in the big tem in pass attempts

I've heard that if Alex Hart was in the 2013 class, he probably would have gotten a scholarship over Wipson. He also signed at Wyoming. Adam Buirge signed at NIU with Corcoran too.
Didn't Hart sign with new Mexico State ?

Top Bottom