STrib: McNeil faces bench warrant for failing to appear on assault charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good post until this stupid comment, unless I missed something where McNeil was quoted for saying he couldn't get a fair trial here or he requested that the trial be moved from Minnesota. I'll stand corrected if I missed something
Why, thank you!
I never claimed it to be a quote. I said what I considered to be more likely, and I never said it had anything to do with the location in Minnesota. Baltimore has a long history of sanctioned segregation and ghettos. People, esp. those ghettoized, who have lived in an atmosphere such as this obviously can lack faith in the justice system. And, if he's guilty, it may not seem worth it to face the consequences. And, if the claims/charges are accurate, it sounds like some mental health problems beyond the scope of some basic mentoring.
Yes, some educated speculation.

The double standard is pretty interesting. The previous coach was taken to task every time one of his players stole something, smoked weed, acted like an idiot, etc. Now one of the current coach's players commits a serious assault (a felony, as I recall) and the current coach is entirely blameless in the situation. It's very interesting.

Generalize much?

What did Pitino promise him?

The fact is 60's Guy has no idea if Pitino visited McNeil in jail. Has no idea if Pitino called McNeil while he was in jail or prior to his disappearance. Has no idea how a Twin Cities lawyer with 33 years of experience became McNeil's lawyer. Has no idea if Pitino reached out to his guardians in Baltimore in attempts to reach him.

Summation: 60's Guy has no idea, but at least he's certain about that.

Wish 60's Guy would take the decade out of his monicker because his argument is sort of embarrassing to anyone who owned a pair of bell bottoms. You're right he has no idea of what Pitino did or did not do. If Richard still has an obligation to McNeil because he brought him here, why not extend that argument and not claim that Richard has some sort of an obligation to the woman because this wouldn't have happened if Richard hadn't brought McNeil here? Relatively few people are even mentioning her in this argument but her life was affected pretty dramatically.

Good God, can you imagine the uproar if it came out that Pitino is supporting a person who did what McNeil is accused of? TV stations and newspapers couldn't find enough experts on violence towards women to interview. Not making light of that very real problem either. Pretty sure, that is a situation no coach in America would willingly step into.

We often make comments and argue on GH on an abstract level about coaches and athletes and too often forget these are real people with the some of the same problems and all of the emotions that everyone else has.

this is why the 60's was such an effed up decade

Why, thank you!
I never claimed it to be a quote. I said what I considered to be more likely, and I never said it had anything to do with the location in Minnesota. Baltimore has a long history of sanctioned segregation and ghettos. People, esp. those ghettoized, who have lived in an atmosphere such as this obviously can lack faith in the justice system. And, if he's guilty, it may not seem worth it to face the consequences. And, if the claims/charges are accurate, it sounds like some mental health problems beyond the scope of some basic mentoring.
Yes, some educated speculation.

Come on dude. We cannot criticize someone for speculating and then turn around and speculate. Whether or not your statements are true (which if you watch the news we see it plastered all over the place daily) with regards to Baltimore, it lends nothing in the rational as to why McNeil ran away. Fact is he is on trial for beating up a girl, with some pretty damning evidence against him, and he cannot be found. His thoughts on whether or not the trial is going to be fair is not up for discussion.

A bunch of people on an obscure message board, who I don't know and will never meet, dislike me? How will I go on? This is it! Goodbye, cruel world!

Maybe you can live stream this?

I kid. I kid. Oh come on, Dpodoll... you love being the heel on this board.

Come on dude. We cannot criticize someone for speculating and then turn around and speculate. Whether or not your statements are true (which if you watch the news we see it plastered all over the place daily) with regards to Baltimore, it lends nothing in the rational as to why McNeil ran away. Fact is he is on trial for beating up a girl, with some pretty damning evidence against him, and he cannot be found. His thoughts on whether or not the trial is going to be fair is not up for discussion.
Feel free to educate yourself on the systemic racism problem in Baltimore. Ramsey county also systematically created a lower eastside ghetto until they were caught - this is all history that can be verified with that thing called google. Illegal things were done to isolate. The fact that black people do not feel that they are treated well and fairly by the justice system might be considered pertinent by some. Not you - thats fine.

Feel free to educate yourself on the systemic racism problem in Baltimore. Ramsey county also systematically created a lower eastside ghetto until they were caught - this is all history that can be verified with that thing called google. Illegal things were done to isolate. The fact that black people do not feel that they are treated well and fairly by the justice system might be considered pertinent by some. Not you - thats fine.

McNeil was 100% clean prior to this event. Not even a J walking ticket.

You can go outside again, I never owned any bell bottoms.

Wish 60's Guy would take the decade out of his monicker because his argument is sort of embarrassing to anyone who owned a pair of bell bottoms. You're right he has no idea of what Pitino did or did not do. If Richard still has an obligation to McNeil because he brought him here, why not extend that argument and not claim that Richard has some sort of an obligation to the woman because this wouldn't have happened if Richard hadn't brought McNeil here? Relatively few people are even mentioning her in this argument but her life was affected pretty dramatically.

Good God, can you imagine the uproar if it came out that Pitino is supporting a person who did what McNeil is accused of? TV stations and newspapers couldn't find enough experts on violence towards women to interview. Not making light of that very real problem either. Pretty sure, that is a situation no coach in America would willingly step into.

We often make comments and argue on GH on an abstract level about coaches and athletes and too often forget these are real people with the some of the same problems and all of the emotions that everyone else has.

Doing the right thing is a little harder when you might be criticized for it. Given the circumstances who offers support to McNeil if Pitino doesn't?
So, you guys are suggesting that a coaches responsibility to a player ends when he is no longer on the team?
He or she is no longer your concern as a coach?
Maybe I just want to believe this and like much of this we'll never know but if McNeil played football, I believe he'd have been in court.
Jerry says he coaches his players like his daughters. It was reported that after AJ trashed Coach Kill that Coach Kill and AJ had several meetings. Who do you think was the beneficiary of those meetings? How easy would it have been to forget about AJ? How often does Jerry say something akin to he is raising men? Coach Kill has at least 150 people he feels responsible for. Pitino would have maybe 25.

Dpo finds it amusing that many jumped on Tubby often and are defending Pitino in this situation. I find it amusing I was the lone voice saying Pitino can absolutely coach x's and o's. We had a better season than we should have, all things considered. And I was trashed for that opinion loudly and frequently. And now, to me, it is clear no matter what Pitino did, he didn't do enough after McNeil got in trouble. And the same people are defending Pitino.

Doing the right thing is a little harder when you might be criticized for it. Given the circumstances who offers support to McNeil if Pitino doesn't?
So, you guys are suggesting that a coaches responsibility to a player ends when he is no longer on the team?
He or she is no longer your concern as a coach?
Maybe I just want to believe this and like much of this we'll never know but if McNeil played football, I believe he'd have been in court.
Jerry says he coaches his players like his daughters. It was reported that after AJ trashed Coach Kill that Coach Kill and AJ had several meetings. Who do you think was the beneficiary of those meetings? How easy would it have been to forget about AJ? How often does Jerry say something akin to he is raising men? Coach Kill has at least 150 people he feels responsible for. Pitino would have maybe 25.

Dpo finds it amusing that many jumped on Tubby often and are defending Pitino in this situation. I find it amusing I was the lone voice saying Pitino can absolutely coach x's and o's. We had a better season than we should have, all things considered. And I was trashed for that opinion loudly and frequently. And now, to me, it is clear no matter what Pitino did, he didn't do enough after McNeil got in trouble. And the same people are defending Pitino.

I think most people are actually suggesting that nobody knows what happened behind the scenes or to what extent Pitino supported McNeil after he was booted from the team. You're assuming the worst because we haven't seen any photos of the two high-fiving in public coupled by the fact that we just saw McNeil no-show in court, which was by most logical accounts, an adult choice that he made.

So every black from Baltimore thinks Minnesota is racist?

And you're putting words in my mouth.

So every black from Baltimore thinks Minnesota is racist?

And you're putting words in my mouth.
Yes. Right. you got it. Every single one. All of them. Glad you figured out exactly what my point is so we can quit this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom