Conner Olson Commit to Minnesota

Is he the younger brother if end and tommy? Noticed he was from mahtomedi as well

Great decision, Connor! This class of O-Linemen is going to dominate in just a couple of years.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How many O-Linemen are they planning for 2016?

The clock on Matt Kegel is ticking.

Always nice to see a guy say Minnesota is his dream school.

How many O-Linemen are they planning for 2016?

The clock on Matt Kegel is ticking.

Well we lose at least 5 this year and 3 next year, so depending on if they do indeed take the JUCO they just offered, I'm guessing there is no issue with taking Kegel at this point if he would like to be Golden

I really like the future of this kid! A pre-camp offer from Kill and staff speaks loudly.

Welcome aboard! The team is going to do great things with your support.

I love nasty linemen. This kid produces grass stains. I actually felt sorry for his opponents. The future O line is going to be very strong.

I really like this commit, I can envision his future being at OG. Welcome aboard!

Scroll of the Sworn from TDG: http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/5/5/8557593/minnesota-football-recruiting-conner-olson-commits

"Conner is an athletic knee-bender who really moves his feet well and can get out in space. He's quick off the snap and light on his feet for a big man; he moves more like a big high school tight end than an offensive linemen. Due to his quickness and feet, he'll likely be a guard at the next level and will probably be asked to pull and combo block in Matt Limegrover's scheme. His 2014 highlights show that he was a bit skinny for a high school junior, but Conner has reportedly put on 20 lbs. or so since then, prompting the staff to offer."

This commitment should have no bearing on Kegel. It looks like we're going after 5 O-lineman in this class.

While this is a good get for the Gophers, I wonder if Mr Olson should't be going to Harvard instead. I mean, how many kids get to go to Harvard and be set for life with a Harvard degree? I am a UMN alumni, and love the school, but it is no Harvard.

While this is a good get for the Gophers, I wonder if Mr Olson should't be going to Harvard instead. I mean, how many kids get to go to Harvard and be set for life with a Harvard degree? I am a UMN alumni, and love the school, but it is no Harvard.

More people go to Harvard than get a full-time scholarship to play Power 5 football.

I just read an interesting article regarding the level of benefit in going to elitist schools. It laid out how attending other schools ends up providing more dividends than one might think. I like the poster who suggested Princeton for graduate school, if Conner so desired.

Glad to see that Conner is excited to be a Gopher.

Did I read it correctly in one of the old GH posts that Ivy League football scholarships do not pay the full fare?

It is like you get a scholarship, but you still have to make up the difference in cost of the tuition, books, and room & board. The football scholarship money is not enough.

What, 98% of recruits, and thats being generous, would probably take a full ride scholarship to play football at a power 5 conference school than play at Harvard (although they may end up at Northwestern, Stanford Duke etc.) Even guys like Jacob Herbers chose to pay tuition to play at the highest level possible over going to Princeton. Schlueter and Foster had Northwestern and Duke offers so they presumably could have gotten offered by all of Ivy's if it wasn't such a long shot to land them and Luke Rasmussen had a 4.0 GPA and a 33 ACT so you figure he could have played anywhere he wanted as well. Cobb and Vereen had Stanford offers too so the same can be said about them as with Schlueter and Foster. Those are just the guys off the top of my head.

ALUMNUS OR ALUMNI? Singular or plural. If one is an alumni, he/she is more than one person. Get a grip, brainiacs!!!

More people go to Harvard than get a full-time scholarship to play Power 5 football.

The real question is if you take the top 100 average salary per year of both for the first 10 years after college, how many of those top 100 folks are Harvard Grads?

Matt Birk?

Top Bottom