Way to Early 2016 Draft for Big Ten

So far, the Gophers have their best showing in the NFL draft in yearrs with four selected in Rounds 2-5. Good coaching and perceptive recruiting in four years brought the Gophers up to this point.

Imagine what the tone and conversations will be like another four years from now in GH when the Gophers are able to recruit four star caliber players regularly.

In regards to Maxx, would his draft stock have been better had he waited until 2016 to enter the draft? Anyone care to comment?

So far, the Gophers have their best showing in the NFL draft in yearrs with four selected in Rounds 2-5. Good coaching and perceptive recruiting in four years brought the Gophers up to this point.

Imagine what the tone and conversations will be like another four years from now in GH when the Gophers are able to recruit four star caliber players regularly.

In regards to Maxx, would his draft stock have been better had he waited until 2016 to enter the draft? Anyone care to comment?

Yes in regards to your last point imo. His combine shows he's not in Graham class for speed and his bench reps left further question about his ability to block effectively at the next level. Another year and the second of those issues could've been addressed. However given the ravens understand that, he will get to do that while making a ton of money.
Disclaimer: not saying he should've come back, just that I think he could've assured himself 1st round money w one more year

Yes in regards to your last point imo. His combine shows he's not in Graham class for speed and his bench reps left further question about his ability to block effectively at the next level. Another year and the second of those issues could've been addressed. However given the ravens understand that, he will get to do that while making a ton of money.
Disclaimer: not saying he should've come back, just that I think he could've assured himself 1st round money w one more year

Next year is supposed to be a deeper TE class, so he may not have been the first TE off the board. According to the few draft shows I saw anyway.

Looking to be a great draft year in the conference, particularly when it comes to quarterbacks, which will be nice to finally put that narrative to rest. It is crazy to think the conference hasn't had a quarterback drafted in the first round since Kerry Collins in 1995, but with Hackenberg (#1), Cook (#2), and C. Jones (#7) all rated by Scouts Inc. as being in the admittedly far too early top 10 overall draft prospects for 2016, that is sure to change this season. The wheel is starting to turn, and now pro-style quarterbacks are back in vogue again. Kind of nice to see.

I find any list of top corners that doesn't have Murray on it suspect.

It's too early for these guys to really have a handle on these prospects outside of the all-american candidates (which includes BBC I believe) but the hype is present for a few different reasons. It's building. Nevertheless, here is another preview by Merriman and Dienhart with no Murray.

http://btn.com/2015/05/08/breaking-down-the-big-tens-top-2016-nfl-draft-prospects/

OTOH, Walterfootball has Murray as the 12th best prospect.

It will be really interesting to see how it shakes out next spring. Great for the program no matter what.

I remember Coach Kill saying something like "We had four in the 2014 draft we could have five next year if we do our job and get them ready. Three in the secondary".
I could also be crazy but I swear I remember him saying something like this. Either on KFAN or sports huddle.

I remember Coach Kill saying something like "We had four in the 2014 draft we could have five next year if we do our job and get them ready. Three in the secondary".
I could also be crazy but I swear I remember him saying something like this. Either on KFAN or sports huddle.

You still may be crazy but yes, Kill did say that.:)

Top Bottom