Sid Hartman: Jeff Jones ready to play

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

ones might be the big-play threat the Gophers need to equal or improve on last years record, and coach Jerry Kill has said there’s a chance Jones, listed as a running back, might be involved in a lot of plays at wide receiver this season, a move Jones said he is OK with.

“I like it a lot, I think it’s good for the program,” he said. “Wherever coach Kill needs me to make plays, I’m willing to make the change.

“I played a little bit of it, formation-wise, in high school. It’s just me learning the concepts and then from there I think I could do at that position.”

Kill said Jones has showed very good hands and big-play ability, adding: “He dropped one during spring and I think that was the first one he’s dropped, but he also came back with a big catch and can do a lot of good things. With the backs we have coming in, you know, I think it’s a deal where he can be a guy that’s a little bit like [former Wisconsin running back] Melvin Gordon. He can play in the backfield and also play receiver, probably more so at receiver. But the defense, you go out there in five-wide and all of a sudden you shift him into the backfield, they’re going to have trouble with that.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/301334141.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Interesting. Team policy that freshman without game experience aren't allowed to speak to the media.

Top Bottom