Capital Classic Highlights- Kevin Dorsey

DeathClutch

Reaction score
Kevin was tied for the game high with 18 points. He had a couple nice dribble spin moves, a couple really nice finishes in the lane, and a monster block. This event has 8 players in the ESPN top 100 plus a number of guys who are just outside that group, so it's a very talented field. Can't wait to see him in a Gophers uniform, he's going to be a good one.

That's awesome. Huge congrats to him. Seems like every day we hear more good news about Kevin. Really can't wait for him to play here.

Slight correction, he was tied for 2nd in the game in scoring... but still a nice job, and the only 2 moments where the video went into slow-motion was when Dorsey was attacking. Can't wait to see him play this fall

Interview with Dorsey

“@CapitolHoops: 2015 Capital Classic Interviews — Capital All-Star Kevin Dorsey (Clinton Christian): http://t.co/rv55goEICX via @YouTube”

I'm starting to think he'll be our best player next year. Even better than Mason.

I'm starting to think he'll be our best player next year. Even better than Mason.

I'll tell you what, those two might pair up to make the best defensive backcourt in the B1G next year. Two outstanding defenders and I would be slightly surprised if each of them weren't averaging double-figures in scoring. That'll probably be one of the few strong points of our team next year.

I'll tell you what, those two might pair up to make the best defensive backcourt in the B1G next year. Two outstanding defenders and I would be slightly surprised if each of them weren't averaging double-figures in scoring. That'll probably be one of the few strong points of our team next year.
Guard ball pressure should be a big improvement from years ago. Matthieu style intensity with some more size from Jarvis and Dorsey. Lots of length from macbrayer for the 2 guards. Mason is a step slow defensively, but held his own and had a knack for steals last year.

Dorsey looks really comfortable dribbling and finishing with his left hand in his highlight videos, which is a huge plus for an incoming freshman PG. He does need to put on some weight, but that will come with time. I wont be surprised if Dorsey is the best pure PG we have had in awhile.

The other thing about adding Dorsey (as well as Jarvis and McBrayer) is that we may see a big jump from or big guys. Nothing helps a big men develop and gain confidence more than playing with guards that are good at feeding the ball down low. Dorsey, particularly, seems to excel in this area. Johnson is also no stranger to feeding the big man since he had Travis Reid as a teammate. Konate and Gaston may see a jump in their offensive confidence having a number of good guards on the perimeter.

That's the size gym they play the Capitol Classic in now? That makes me kind of sad. I went in 1990 when they had Shawn Bradley and Grant Hill and it was played in the arena where the Washington Bullets played.

Top Bottom