Wisconsin Badgers Sign Contract Extension With Bo Ryan Through 2020

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
If Ryan does remain the head coach in Madison through the duration of the contract, he will be 72 years old. Retirement does not appear to be on the table at this stage, but it does appear reasonable that Ryan retires at Wisconsin during this contract extension.

More grinch. It will be interesting to see how they compete next year losing so much.

We know:
1) they will continue to be good and well coached and
2) they will never win the FF if they could not do it this year. That team was about as good as one can get without really great NBA type players.

We know: 1) they will continue to be good and well coached and 2) they will never win the FF if they could not do it this year. That team was about as good as one can get without really great NBA type players.

They had 2 first round picks and a 3rd potentially future one in Hayes. They had tons of talent.

That said, I don't know they can be that good again. Next year will be very interesting. Less talented big, bigs (talking the Berggeren, Leur, Kamisky, etc. type). It will be Bronson and Nigel's team next year I'd guess.

I'll be surprised if he makes it through 2020. If they won, would he have retired? They are always good, I agree, but is this the year the top four finish streak ends? Does he stay until they win the Big Ten title again and as a result Bo never quits because they never quite get there again?

Unknown answers to various questions.

But he deserves the extension.

This could be more of an extension/retirement plan/reward for past success type of deal. Of course, it may be that the guy simply wants to keep coaching. I don't see Bo as the kind of guy who retires and sits around on the porch, or plays cards down at the senior citizen's center.

They'll finish top 4. They always do.

The national title hopes are over though.

Maybe Bo's system will completely fall apart with a 30 second shot clock.

With 24 seconds he would be incrementally better than his counterparts in finding a quality shot or getting to the line. He's just better at working the time he has than others. That plus he only needs to defend for 24 now.

I am through doubting Bo Ryan. I do not think most expected Kaminisky to do much he first entered a game back in 2012. They guy just did not look like a player, as a weak, slow, dorky looking guy from suburban Chicago but what look at what he turned into.The only one that really ever looked like an NBA player was Dekker, yet this team almost never loses, and almost never loses to a less talented team.

They may drop a bit, but I don't see them missing the NCAA anytime soon. Ryan knows what his is looking for when scouting, and they almost always find the right players for what they do. This is not Dick Bennett ball either, which is what I used to assume.

Top Bottom