PiPress: Lou Holtz definitely retired, still rooting for Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Pioneer Press:

Holtz, named to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2008, was a college head coach for 33 years at William & Mary, North Carolina State, Arkansas, Minnesota, Notre Dame and South Carolina, where he finished in 2004 at age 67. He also had one unsuccessful season in the NFL, going 3-10 as New York Jets coach in 1976.

Holtz coached Minnesota to records of 4-7 in 1984 and 6-5 in 1985 before bolting to Notre Dame before the Gophers played in the Independence Bowl.

Holtz lauded the job Minnesota coach Jerry Kill is doing. The Gophers are coming off consecutive 8-5 seasons and have played in three straight bowl games.

"I'm very pleased with the way Jerry Kill is going," Holtz said. "He does a tremendous job. They're tough, they're physical. I'm very happy for them. I picked them as the surprise team in the Big Ten last year, and he proved me right."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27981432/lou-holtz-definitely-retired-still-rooting-gophers

Go Gophers!!

you forgot to attach the video of the quote

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

you forgot to attach the video of the quote

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When I first looked at the image I thought it was one of Sid's great grand children. Remarkable resemblance IMO.

Top Bottom