Gophers TCU Game Kicks Off at 8pm on ESPN!!

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
The crowd should be "well oiled" for this one! Talk about a HUGE opportunity for the program!!

Looks like a PTO day on Friday the 4th!

I'm already fired up!!

Go Gophers!!

Is ESPN running an opening night doubleheader, or is this the only game for the night?

Regardless of how the games turnout, the 2015 season is going to be fun with the kickoff times alone!

What is the best bet to get tickets for this game? With the late start I'm awfully tempted to take a half day on Thursday and make the drive up.

I think they've done doubleheaders in the past. There might be a game starting at 5 CST.

Kind of what I was thinking. Kicking off a game at 5 means it's 6 out East. A 6pm start is certainly possible, as Gopher fans well know.

What is the best bet to get tickets for this game? With the late start I'm awfully tempted to take a half day on Thursday and make the drive up.

Stub Hub's cheapest is $93. Might be able to get a single game ticket from the ticket office when those games go on sale. Have to finish all the season ticket renewal's/upgrades/downgrades first. I too am very very tempted to get to this game.

The only possible game that ESPN would broadcast before the Gophers-TCU game is the North Carolina-South Carolina game in Charlotte. Realistic they could do a doubleheader with the OBC leading the Cocks. Selfishly I hope we are ESPN's only game that night.

Oh hell yes. I better be out of clinic early that night or there will be hell to pay

whoa!! game day is coming?

More primetime

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I feel like such an old man when my first reaction is "That is just too late for me!" :p
Not that I won't be there...assuming my wife doesn't go in to labor a few weeks early.

I feel like such an old man when my first reaction is "That is just too late for me!" :p
Not that I won't be there...assuming my wife doesn't go in to labor a few weeks early.

in which case you'll still be there and in the exam room via Skype :)

Stub Hub's cheapest is $93. Might be able to get a single game ticket from the ticket office when those games go on sale. Have to finish all the season ticket renewal's/upgrades/downgrades first. I too am very very tempted to get to this game.

Traditionally, people bitch and complain about a weeknight game during the State Fair. Tickets on stubhub will be cheaper than $93 when closer to game day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traditionally, people bitch and complain about a weeknight game during the State Fair. Tickets on stubhub will be cheaper than $93 when closer to game day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any tickets to any game posted this time of year are for the sucker crowd and there will always be a few.

Agreed with what people already said. Don't buy anything on stub hub until we get within a couple weeks. A couple of days would probably be even better if you are okay with waiting till the last minute.

I would try and get face value from the ticket office first before I tried anything on stub hub for a high profile game like this. I think you will be paying over face value on stub hub for this game. It's just a question of how much.

But i thought tickets this year would be dirt cheap because of the new ticket price increases? now people are saying you have to pay over face value?

But i thought tickets this year would be dirt cheap because of the new ticket price increases? now people are saying you have to pay over face value?

That's my understanding too. No way am I biting on anything over face value. My group is counting on grabbing seats lower level between the 40s for significantly under face value. Sure, it'll be a disaster for Norwood, but somebody has to pick up all these cheap tickets.

It's 4+ months out from the game and people don't even have tickets in their possession yet. Did you really expect them to be listed for anything under face value? Might want to pump the brakes before calling this a sellout.

That's my understanding too. No way am I biting on anything over face value. My group is counting on grabbing seats lower level between the 40s for significantly under face value. Sure, it'll be a disaster for Norwood, but somebody has to pick up all these cheap tickets.

If there are Gopher fans selling their tickets under face value the first game of the year against a top 5 opponent on national television, not only should they revoke their status as a Gopher fan, they should also check to see if they still have a pulse.

Significantly under face value between the 40's? You may want to rethink that expectation.

Personally I expect this to be like the Air Force game - sold out, standing room and a great vibe. Just one man's opinion...

Top Bottom