ESPN: Blind long snapper will be a USC Trojan

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Two years ago, ESPN's College GameDay profiled high school long snapper Jake Olson, a blind long snapper who had overcome seemingly insurmountable odds in order to become a member of his high school football team.

The video begins with a quote from Olson: "I've learned that if you want to win forever, always compete. You're either competing or you're not. I've chosen to always compete."

And compete Olson might, but not just for any team, for the USC Trojans -- his team.

"I can honestly say that probably without USC, it would've made the situation a lot more miserable, a lot harder," Olson said. "I don't know if I would've come out of it as positive as I have been."

On Monday, Gary Klein had a terrific profile in the LA Times about Olson's journey and where it might take him. And yes, that journey might include a stop in Memorial Coliseum. Olson -- who boasts a 4.3 GPA -- will attend USC and according to Klein, Olson "would join the program as a walk-on."

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/86188/blind-long-snapper-will-be-a-trojan

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom