MN Daily: Gophers to have young, talented guards

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Mason already is poised offensively and a decent collegiate defender, while Johnson led DeLaSalle High School to four consecutive state championships by using his superior athleticism to defend opponents all over the court and throw down violent dunks despite being a point guard.

Johnson and Dorsey will likely need to shore up their outside shooting and more before they are polished guards, but their potential to create turnovers and score in transition could take Pitino’s up-tempo style to new heights.

“I talked to Coach Pitino,” Johnson said, “about being ready to come in confident — don’t be too shy when I get there.”

To prepare for that moment, he’s undergoing conditioning and communicating with Gophers trainers to monitor his diet.

When Johnson comes to campus in about seven weeks, he expects to be in top shape so he can hit summer workouts running.

He and Dorsey will need to be quick learners if the Gophers expect to improve next season. Mason, who is now rehabbing a right thumb injury, contributed right away.

Now, as he leads the backcourt moving forward, he’s making sure Johnson and Dorsey do everything they can to make a good first impression, too.

“[I’m] just trying to tell those guys, ‘Come in ready, man. Just we’re trying to make history, really. You need to be ready,’” Mason said last month. “Let’s be ready to do something big.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-basketball/2015/04/22/gophers-have-young-talented-guards

Go Gophers!!

Actually a very good article. I am extremely excited for Jarvis and Kevin.

McBryer and JN as well. I do really like this class and it will be fun to watch them grow together.

Jonathon is the most intriguing incoming freshman to me. Looking at his tapes makes me believe he could be something special if he develops as well as Mo did in the past couple years. I'm hoping that those four bigs, Lynch, Konate, Diedou, and Jonathon really push each other in practice and make them all better. Pitino should see if he can get Garnett to come talk with them.

This is great. A thread about excitement and hope for the future. I love their attitude and am looking forward to next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathon is the most intriguing incoming freshman to me. Looking at his tapes makes me believe he could be something special if he develops as well as Mo did in the past couple years. I'm hoping that those four bigs, Lynch, Konate, Diedou, and Jonathon really push each other in practice and make them all better. Pitino should see if he can get Garnett to come talk with them.

Gophers could really use a solid big man addition in the next couple of months (for 2015-16). Hopeful for a jump from Konate... after that, they're in an ugly spot.

Top Bottom