Reggie Lynch transferring to Minnesota

So Phillygopher and Winnasota, was I really desperate for attention?? When I'm putting information out there, it'd be best if you wouldn't give me unnecessary crap for it, especially when I know what I'm talking about.

Top 25 finalist for National Defensive Player of the Year....

How do you think he will fair in the Big 10 after sitting out a season?

just like Duke to steal our thunder

Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 4m4 minutes ago

As first reported by @PaulBiancardi, 5-star PG Derryck Thornton is headed to Duke. He will be a member of the 2015 recruiting clas

So Phillygopher and Winnasota, was I really desperate for attention?? When I'm putting information out there, it'd be best if you wouldn't give me unnecessary crap for it, especially when I know what I'm talking about.

Big time Kudos on having this info

Buggs - Has played very few minutes in either of those two positions
Nwankwo - Freshman
Diedhiou - Has played even fewer minutes than Buggs at the 4, and arguably less productive minutes
Konate - Has plays some very raw minutes at the five, certainly not someone I'm extremely confident in, nor should anyone be at this juncture
King - everyone hates this mfer as if he stole their dog

We are thin. And that's not changing.

Oh man. That part made me laugh so hard people came to check and see if I was ok. Man is that just a perfect analogy for this board.

He always had good basketball skills, I doubt he is 6'10", in high school he had decent but not great athleticism, he will add a physical presence inside that can score, don't expect those shot blocking numbers in the Big Ten.

I wouldn't either but then again, I never expected those shot blocking numbers at any D1 school wherever he went. In HS I felt he was a poor man's Eliason and would get into a ton of foul trouble with that defensive style (which is still true). Anyways he got a lot better which is to be expected as big men always develop later.

quote me and refresh my memory of giving you crap....

This post I'm assuming...

tumblr_m9t2k70hpz1qedb29o1_500.gif

Wasn't giving flack, was just pissed you didn't give a name. Excitement + intrigue + not knowing the whole story = Big emotional black man Winasota

Lynch turned it on in conference play, averaging 10.8 points per game over Illinois State's final 17 games. That included 11 points, seven rebounds and five blocks in Illinois State's upset win over Wichita State in the Missouri Valley Tournament and 15 points, eight rebounds and six blocks in Illinois State's win over Green Bay in the first round of the NIT.

http://www.csnchicago.com/big-ten/r...nois-state-shot-blocking-machine-reggie-lynch

Go Gophers!!

Definitely a solid addition.

Like the GH wouldn't blow up if Kevin Dorsey bolted out the door. This site is just one reactor away from a Chernobyl meltdown...

Very true.....I understand their frustration.

I think the transfer year is the only thing keeping college basketball from being a complete free-for-all.

Top 25 finalist for National Defensive Player of the Year....

How do you think he will fair in the Big 10 after sitting out a season?

Not sure he's the ideal fit for Pitino's system, but he possesses an OUTSTANDING shot blocking ability with a strong offensive post game. I'm cautiously confident about how this will work out.

Thanks for the info and posts GameDay. I appreciate your contribution to GH!

Very true.....I understand their frustration.

I think the transfer year is the only thing keeping college basketball from being a complete free-for-all.

I would be pissed as a I.State fan too.

Ha, well apparently he gets stuffed by the rim quite often while trying to dunk by all the comments referencing that.

I don't know why people hate on Joey. Imagine how bad things would be if he had NOT come home!

Reggie is a good kid from a good family. I expect he will be a solid contributor and represent Gopher Nation well.

Golden_Sloth's posts are my favorite because every time he posts, I get to see that glorious ref-mullet. It also reminds me of how much fun it was for a few days when Nwankwo was logged in...

...oh yeah...happy with the addition as well!

7 page Illinois State thread on him transferring. They are as bitter as they come. They don't seem to understand that Reggie was always going to jump to Minnesota the moment he got the opportunity.

http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7690

It's 15 pages now. I honestly had no idea a team like that had that many fans to populate a message board. Wow. I wasn't that impressed by this transfer news earlier today, but the fact that they're so upset makes me actually think he's a good get for us.

And yeah, unfortunately, most of the ISU folks (though not all) seem blind to the reality that in this day and age, the good mid-major players -- once they have proven themselves -- are frequently going to take the opportunity to transfer up. And it's only going to get worse with the "cost of living" stipend kicking in now. I don't like it, but that's what NCAA basketball has become.

Seems like a good addition I saw him play some in the MVC tournament and he looked like a pretty solid player.

Welcome to the University of Minnesota.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Thanks for the info and posts GameDay. I appreciate your contribution to GH!

Thanks Stan and Golden_Sloth! I had to be careful with how I worded things early on (wish I could've said something directly right off the bat). Reggie's going to be a guy that the crowd can easily get behind.

To say he was just using isu as s stepping stone isn't fair. According to Ryan James, the coach died in a plane crash and Reggie was very close to him. Sounds like it hit him pretty hard and Mom wanted him to come home. I wouldn't fault one of our guys for transferring under those circumstances.

To say he was just using isu as s stepping stone isn't fair. According to Ryan James, the coach died in a plane crash and Reggie was very close to him. Sounds like it hit him pretty hard and Mom wanted him to come home. I wouldn't fault one of our guys for transferring under those circumstances.

I hear that, and I'm obviously going to root for this kid hard as soon as he puts on the Maroon and Gold. But I sympathize. Sports fandom is inherently unreasonable, in my opinion. You develop feelings that are illogical to a neutral. I've been in the position of a fan who has high hopes that a particular player or recruit will positively affect the fortunes of a team that you pour an incredible amount of time, energy, and passion into. When that person does something different, even if you could admit, were you a dispassionate observer, that their choices were in their best interests, you'll still have a negative, disappointed reaction. Such passion is what fuels the more positive aspects of sport as well as the negative, and I for one believe it's inevitable. So I don't blame the ISU board for being disappointed and even upset at Reggie for transferring. That's how it goes. In their position, I'd probably do the same.

I think some of the people claiming pitino used wards death as a recruiting tool are hitting below the belt on that board. I know recruiting is dirty but I don't think anyone would stoop that low. I don't think a recruit would listen to it and I wouldn't want someone representing our school who would do that.

Top Bottom