Reggie Lynch transferring to Minnesota

worthy of its own thread

He has to sit out a year, correct?

He has to sit out a year, correct?

Yes, which means no help next year. Still need bodies next year. Looks likes he meets the need for a strong inside presence. Does he run the floor well?

In reading some of the commentary in Illinois, this looks to be a big pick-up? I admit that I don't know much about him. Were we not interested in him during high school? Are these comments overblown?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Like this pick-up, especially if he's a shot-blocking presence. Wish we could use him next season, however. If we don't get Boucher could be real short on bigs in 2015-16.

Awesome, congrats to Reggie! Will be a big help in practice this year and on the floor next year.

Does this complete our "Bryant Allen for Zach Lofton with a player to be named later" trade?

Like this pick-up, especially if he's a shot-blocking presence. Wish we could use him next season, however. If we don't get Boucher could be real short on bigs in 2015-16.

How? We'd still have Buggs, Nwankwo, Diedhiou, Konate, and king? that's 5 players for 2 starting spots.

How? We'd still have Buggs, Nwankwo, Diedhiou, Konate, and king? that's 5 players for 2 starting spots.

Buggs - Has played very few minutes in either of those two positions
Nwankwo - Freshman
Diedhiou - Has played even fewer minutes than Buggs at the 4, and arguably less productive minutes
Konate - Has plays some very raw minutes at the five, certainly not someone I'm extremely confident in, nor should anyone be at this juncture
King - everyone hates this mfer as if he stole their dog

We are thin. And that's not changing.

Good point, but 1 of those is more of a wing (Buggsy), another one doesn't rebound much (Joey), and a third is a reportedly raw freshman. Am concerned about rebounding from our bigs, mostly.

Buggs - Has played very few minutes in either of those two positions
Nwankwo - Freshman
Diedhiou - Has played even fewer minutes than Buggs at the 4, and arguably less productive minutes
Konate - Has plays some very raw minutes at the five, certainly not someone I'm extremely confident in, nor should anyone be at this juncture
King - everyone hates this mfer as if he stole their dog

We are thin. And that's not changing.

I was thinking if we got another SF of decent size 6'5" or taller, you'd see less Buggs at SF.

I was thinking if we got another SF of decent size 6'5" or taller, you'd see less Buggs at SF.

Doesn't change Buggs has yet to plan many minutes at the 4.

Maybe thin is the wrong word, as I get the idea that we have bodies. But from a known talent/ability perspective we are thin.

Yep and Buggs may put on some muscle this summer and play more PF. He made some progress in rebounding as the year went on.

Sounds like a good get. Looking at his numbers, he needs to work on not fouling and taking care of the ball, but having a redshirt year will be good. We definitely need a proven interior defender.

Lynch turned it on in conference play, averaging 10.8 points per game over Illinois State's final 17 games. That included 11 points, seven rebounds and five blocks in Illinois State's upset win over Wichita State in the Missouri Valley Tournament and 15 points, eight rebounds and six blocks in Illinois State's win over Green Bay in the first round of the NIT.

http://www.csnchicago.com/big-ten/r...nois-state-shot-blocking-machine-reggie-lynch

Go Gophers!!

So Phillygopher and Winnasota, was I really desperate for attention?? When I'm putting information out there, it'd be best if you wouldn't give me unnecessary crap for it, especially when I know what I'm talking about.

He always had good basketball skills, I doubt he is 6'10", in high school he had decent but not great athleticism, he will add a physical presence inside that can score, don't expect those shot blocking numbers in the Big Ten.

Top Bottom