Would a high school football game of the week at the Bank work?

The part you guys are all missing is the kids. The opportunity to play at TCF or the Vikings stadium is huge. Kids talk about it forever. In basketball, you can play at Target Center. It's a big deal to the kids and their parents. It's not about attendance. It's about the opportunity. It's the one chance for 99% of the players to experience the big stage.
I know they play basketball tournaments at target center, and i used to watch my brother play high school baseball at the Dome. But, do high schools ever play at Williams arena or Mariucci?

High School games should be played at the high school stadium. Most convienent for all involved and the best way to assure the maximum attendance, home field advantages, etc. 1,500 folks at TCF watching the game does no one any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, played a couple of games in high school at Memorial stadium, absolutely hated it.

Talking regular season games

I know they play basketball tournaments at target center, and i used to watch my brother play high school baseball at the Dome. But, do high schools ever play at Williams arena or Mariucci?

Not talking about the state tournaments...there are several regular season basketball games at Target Center, just like
high school baseball, softball was at the dome. I believe the only way high school kids can play on the Williams Arena floor is the state tournament or twin city section games. The exception to that is signing up for the Gophers team camp in the summer and you can play in June or July whenever it is. Guessing same for Mariucci hockey, but no clue on hockey.
Target Center also has summer time offers for high school teams to play on the floor.

Would be fun to have a couple games at the state fair. Seems like you could put a turf field down in front of the grandstand then just put the temporary seating on top of it when it's not in use. The fair association is just rolling in money, might make sense nice to have another facility capable of hosting more than 7500 for football/etc.

When I was in HS, the Classic Lake did a regular season day at the Metrodome; every conference game was played that day at the dome, starting at like noon, with the last game starting whenever (8:30 or so I suppose).

Individual games makes little sense, but if you made it a 4 game affair, perhaps would work and would be a fun experience for the kids.

MSHSL does not pay for regular season venues. Also, the U is expensive and painful to work with for renting its facilities. This why you won't find many sections renting their arenas for section hockey. We'd love to have 4aa section hockey at Ridder but it is cost prohibitive

Top Bottom