"Insane" Harbaugh

"He does a great job of giving you that spark, that initial boom," Boone told HBO. "But after a while, you just want to kick his ass. ... He just keeps pushing you, and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."

Every 4 years you get to leave him. Probably a better fit for college. College players likely look at him as that very strict Dad who you hated when you lived with him but love him afterwards because he taught you so many great habits.

Funny that Boone thought losing the Superbowl was getting over the mountain....

Every 4 years you get to leave him. Probably a better fit for college. College players likely look at him as that very strict Dad who you hated when you lived with him but love him afterwards because he taught you so many great habits. Funny that Boone thought losing the Superbowl was getting over the mountain....

Lol thought the same thing on the getting over the mountain comment. Like, what mountain now??

Plus there's a limit to how much a college coach can actually demand of kids. They have class and practice limits. He also has other obligations (recruiting, donors, etc) to take some of his attention. I also think the college atmosphere is much different from the pros where guys are all football and have to deal with a guy like Harbough all day long

Plus there's a limit to how much a college coach can actually demand of kids. They have class and practice limits. He also has other obligations (recruiting, donors, etc) to take some of his attention. I also think the college atmosphere is much different from the pros where guys are all football and have to deal with a guy like Harbough all day long
I disagree. Professional athletes are rich mofo's who don't necessarily listen to or respect their coaches. College kids, on the other hand, are trapped. Sure, you want to quit? Transfer and take a year off. You think coaches at big time programs are worried about classes? And practice limits?? :D

I disagree. Professional athletes are rich mofo's who don't necessarily listen to or respect their coaches. College kids, on the other hand, are trapped. Sure, you want to quit? Transfer and take a year off. You think coaches at big time programs are worried about classes? And practice limits?? :D

Um what? You're really claim in that players in the Not For Long dont listen to their coaches? The NFL is the land of non guaranteed contracts and 2 year careers. College players can stay in the doghouse for 3 years. NFL players get cut tomorrow if they don't meet expectations.

The second coming of Bo Schembechler. Time will tell if Harbaugh burns bridges or builds a dynasty.

I watched the Harbaugh segment on Real Sports last night. The clinically insane comment must've been used to jolt ratings, because when I listened to the entire story, Boone was overall very complimentary of Harbaugh.

If you have access to HBO, I'd recommend watching this show. Harbaugh is wound tight and the show last night showed those tendencies even when he was very young. If milk were steroids, he'd be banned!

I expect success for him at Michigan. For how long, and if it will be sustained, I have no idea. He will make some people mad, but I would bet he'll get in more rhubarbs with OSU and Michigan State.

I think Harbaugh will be a good jolt for the Big 10. Kind of boring without ol' Bert and Brewster to kick around.

Sorry that I can't embed the video here, but I really can't figure out why Hairball is interviewing Winston about the crab-leg thing.

Link

Moss must be a superhero. Played just two season with a QB who will be in the Hall of Fame and that QB had little success throwing the deep ball prior to or after Moss. Played for coaching luminaries like Art Shell and Mike Tice. Caught the 2nd most TD's in the history of the league while being the focal point of defenses entire game plan for the vast majority of his career. Lazy guy had 9 seasons of double digit receiving TD's while the Vikings haven't had one since his departure (the first time). Is their anyone else in history who is unquestionably in to the top 5 ever at their position (and really hard to rank him lower than 2nd) that a segment of the population didn't believe "tried hard"?

The stars can get away with anything. Just ask Randy "play when I want to play" Moss.
Moss is one of the most talented players ever an is unique. NFL stars get cut all the time. Every year vets get told to take a pay cut or take a hike. Plus NFL 'stars' are rare and make up a tiny percent of the league

Top Bottom