Sid on faciliities: At this point the university isn’t close to the $120MM sought

As more and more time passes it gets harder to believe that Kill's timeline of getting shovels in the ground by August will end up happening. Hopefully we get to a point here somewhere in the near future where some actual dates get put in place.

They apparently have a lot of big time donations in the pipeline but they just need to close the deal.

They apparently have a lot of big time donations in the pipeline but they just need to close the deal.

If this is true let's hope that they put it in high gear. Lou, please close the deals.

I've read Sid and followed Gopher Sports for 30 years. Sid is mostly wrong, so there is that.

Let's get the $$$$ the same way the Vikings did...quick!

Everyone gets one right once in awhile.

Sids been cut out of the loop. Things are progressing. The title 9 lawsuit has forced things to be kept under the radar until they are imminent.
Just some thoughts.

One thing I have learned is to rarely assume Sid actually knows of what he speaks on such topics.

As usual the take sounds like pure, and likely unsourced, speculation on Sid's part.

We put ourselves in this spot by going for the whole enchilada rather than dealing with the serious problems of very outdated football and hoops facilities. I hope it does not bite us in the butt.

It's been pretty quiet on the fundraising front recently. I would bet that there are a few sizable donations in the works that we have not heard about yet.

It's been pretty quiet on the fundraising front recently. I would bet that there are a few sizable donations in the works that we have not heard about yet.

Yep, thats both what I've heard and what Teague said the last time he was on Sports Huddle with Sid and Dave two or three weeks ago.

Short Ornery Norwegian had a nice recap of what he said.

"NT said they are at about $70 million in fund-raising, but said there are apparently more donations pending - said people are finalizing the details, and some of those could be sizable. Then, Teague said there is another group of potential donors that "We haven't talked to yet, but they know we're coming." At some point, Teague said they would promote gifts by individual fans - noted people can give right now through the website, but would publicize this more at a later time.

he expressed confidence that they would be able to start construction this fall on the sports facilities. Made a point of saying that they want to do it all at once for sake of efficiency- specifically mentioned FB and BB practice facilities and the new academic/training table building."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...n-fund-raising&highlight=teague+sports+huddle

At some point, Teague said they would promote gifts by individual fans - noted people can give right now through the website, but would publicize this more at a later time.

Can someone explain to me the difference between a gift and a donation?

The figures I've heard are somewhere between 70 and 80 million. It could be that NT rounds down and others are rounding up. I do believe, that they are working hard to cobble together enough mid 7 figure gifts to make a splash, announcing them all at once to build momentum. The 3/4 to 2 million dollar potential donor group will be next, but I think they want to be able to show that they are at 75 to 80%, before they ask. The public campaign will be for the last 10 million or so.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this- but Teague made two appearances on the Sports Huddle, about a month apart. The 1st time he was on, he said they had raised roughly $70 million. The 2nd time, a month later, he still said they had raised about $70 million. It would be nice to see or hear about some progress. I've never done big-time fund-raising, so I don't know how complicated it is to finalize a major gift/donation - but when you've got a project that is very time-sensitive, I would expect a little more urgency. If they truly have people who are close to making contributions, you would think they could get at least one donor to sign off in a month, so that they could make an announcement and show some momentum.

Sid is full of ****. Utterly useless.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this- but Teague made two appearances on the Sports Huddle, about a month apart. The 1st time he was on, he said they had raised roughly $70 million. The 2nd time, a month later, he still said they had raised about $70 million. It would be nice to see or hear about some progress. I've never done big-time fund-raising, so I don't know how complicated it is to finalize a major gift/donation - but when you've got a project that is very time-sensitive, I would expect a little more urgency. If they truly have people who are close to making contributions, you would think they could get at least one donor to sign off in a month, so that they could make an announcement and show some momentum.

I am sure there is plenty of urgency going on behind the scenes but the part in bold is the only part of this that has me concerned at all. I think it is basically a guarantee that the project is going to happen but building projects like these have a ton of moving parts so at some point schedules and timetables come into play.

I am sure there is plenty of urgency going on behind the scenes but the part in bold is the only part of this that has me concerned at all. I think it is basically a guarantee that the project is going to happen but building projects like these have a ton of moving parts so at some point schedules and timetables come into play.

Many people seem to assume; if they haven't been told, there must be nothing going on...... ever.

Did Sid happen to mention whether or not his donation is pending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom