Potential new 3rd quarter song

Don't understand the marketing to the students. They don't pay the rent.
But they do make 90% of the noise and atmosphere at the games. Without them the only sound would be the soft murmur of old people complaining.

Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Cypress Hill - Rap Superstar
DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem
Ice Cube - Check Yo Self
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
The Who - Baba O'Riley

Good list, but bro, think about it. "Teenage wasteland. They're all wasted."? Woody ain't going for that. lol

This may be too generational but those of us a little older hold this movie in pretty high esteem; and gopher.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rbQgaHZOFZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's next 'Highway to the Borderline'? We're not playing f'ing Kenny Loggins at Gopher games!

But they do make 90% of the noise and atmosphere at the games. Without them the only sound would be the soft murmur of old people complaining.

Which is the exact reason you need to target the 90% a time or two, and get them involved.

90%? I certainly question that. Section 143 is pretty loud. What does everybody else feel about their section?

Maybe we should pull a Josh Reddick and think outside the box. Careless Whisper by Wham! Hmmm? I can see the Maroon and Gold slow-dancing sea right now.

Our song should come from an alumnus!

How about this guy?. He's even had a couple of #1 albums. Granted, it was in the new age category. But it might help our team adjust its aura before going into the 4th quarter. You don't want to be lining up for a game winning FG if your ying-yang is out of whack.

96 Beers..........................by Dr.Don and the Mysterians.

:drink:

After a road game. " The Boys Are Back In Town " Play it right before they take the field. Imagination is a great thing...

Morris Day and the Time - Jungle Love is catchy and crazy with the jungle call in the beginning. Its like a better version of Uptown Funk by Bruno Marz

Morris Day and the Time - Jungle Love is catchy and crazy with the jungle call in the beginning. Its like a better version of Uptown Funk by Bruno Marz

IN!

Jungle Love! Made by God herself and handed down to the greatest band in the world......the mother****ing Time!

[QUOTE=ruppertflywheel;1051554]Half of the U enrollment would be about 21,000. Our daughter is finishing up her 4th year.
Many of her friends have DVD's that they have burned off the net[/QUOTE]

The people over at Buckyville find this "old man" thread to be so amusing that three pages of posts about it now exist.

I think some of the suggestions are horrible, dated and far removed from reality and nhow anyone under 30 thinks. Thankfully TCF Stadium Operations have done a good job of selecting student centric, current music for the most part since TCF has opened, rather than some of the absurd suggestions on this board.

I like the Kuatorules idea earlier, but this one is really going to get the blood pumping, although extra EMTs may be needed. (see typical Gopher fans in my former section at the 32 second mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psch9N4PmO4

Prince has not done anything anyone cares about for 30 years
Caddyshack was 40 years ago, no one cares about the music anymore
Wilson Pickett OK sure

The only energy ever from the end of the third quarter comes from the students, and people connected to current popular culture that tend to drink a lot at the games. The rest are like Ruppy, completely lacking clue, or just do not care about any music played over the speaker system and are more interesting in putting on a new Depends undergarment before the action restarts.

Anyone know when Sweet Caroline and Build Me Up Buttercup came out? They seem to go over well in Madison.

[QUOTE=ruppertflywheel;1051554]Half of the U enrollment would be about 21,000. Our daughter is finishing up her 4th year.
Many of her friends have DVD's that they have burned off the net
The people over at Buckyville find this "old man" thread to be so amusing that three pages of posts about it now exist.

I think some of the suggestions are horrible, dated and far removed from reality and nhow anyone under 30 thinks. Thankfully TCF Stadium Operations have done a good job of selecting student centric, current music for the most part since TCF has opened, rather than some of the absurd suggestions on this board.

I like the Kuatorules idea earlier, but this one is really going to get the blood pumping, although extra EMTs may be needed. (see typical Gopher fans in my former section at the 32 second mark)

Wilson Pickett OK sure

The only energy ever from the end of the third quarter comes from the students, and people connected to current popular culture that tend to drink a lot at the games. The rest are like Ruppy, completely lacking clue, or just do not care about any music played over the speaker system and are more interesting in putting on a new Depends undergarment before the action restarts.
Well said.

The people over at Buckyville find this "old man" thread to be so amusing that three pages of posts about it now exist. I think some of the suggestions are horrible, dated and far removed from reality and nhow anyone under 30 thinks. Thankfully TCF Stadium Operations have done a good job of selecting student centric, current music for the most part since TCF has opened, rather than some of the absurd suggestions on this board. I like the Kuatorules idea earlier, but this one is really going to get the blood pumping, although extra EMTs may be needed. (see typical Gopher fans in my former section at the 32 second mark) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psch9N4PmO4 Prince has not done anything anyone cares about for 30 years Caddyshack was 40 years ago, no one cares about the music anymore Wilson Pickett OK sure The only energy ever from the end of the third quarter comes from the students, and people connected to current popular culture that tend to drink a lot at the games. The rest are like Ruppy, completely lacking clue, or just do not care about any music played over the speaker system and are more interesting in putting on a new Depends undergarment before the action restarts.
Well said.[/QUOTE]
Well, hello there Snarky Snarkington! You have clearly stated your opinion. Is it legal for people to have a different one? Not sure why you find it necessary to descend into such negativity. Unless Ruppy really does use Depends...

Please figure out how to properly quote other posts.

I'll post it once again. Let's grab it as our 3rd quarter song before someone else does.

Half of the U enrollment would be about 21,000. Our daughter is finishing up her 4th year. Many of her friends have DVD's that they have burned off the net
The people over at Buckyville find this "old man" thread to be so amusing that three pages of posts about it now exist. I think some of the suggestions are horrible, dated and far removed from reality and nhow anyone under 30 thinks. Thankfully TCF Stadium Operations have done a good job of selecting student centric, current music for the most part since TCF has opened, rather than some of the absurd suggestions on this board. I like the Kuatorules idea earlier, but this one is really going to get the blood pumping, although extra EMTs may be needed. (see typical Gopher fans in my former section at the 32 second mark) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psch9N4PmO4 Prince has not done anything anyone cares about for 30 years Caddyshack was 40 years ago, no one cares about the music anymore Wilson Pickett OK sure The only energy ever from the end of the third quarter comes from the students, and people connected to current popular culture that tend to drink a lot at the games. The rest are like Ruppy, completely lacking clue, or just do not care about any music played over the speaker system and are more interesting in putting on a new Depends undergarment before the action restarts.

I'm 26 and listen to tons of Prince. Old and new. Does that make me an "old man" ?

And FWIW, Prince has released music "people care about" much more recently than good ole house of pain. He was just on SNL as the musical guest, where have the Jump Around boys been? To act like Jump Around is somehow infinitely better than music by the guy who is arguably better than Michael Jackson is preposterous.

And btw, House of Pains highest rated album? 12th. Since that album came out in 1994 Prince has had 8 albums top higher on the charts.

Prince also has recent notoriety in my generation thanks to the Chappelle Show skit about him.

So Buckyville is sort of, ya know, wrong. But hey, what else is new?

Many of her friends have DVD's that they have burned off the net

Wilson Pickett OK sure

The only energy ever from the end of the third quarter comes from the students, and people connected to current popular culture that tend to drink a lot at the games. The rest are like Ruppy, completely lacking clue, or just do not care about any music played over the speaker system and are more interesting in putting on a new Depends undergarment before the action restarts.[/QUOTE]

Well junior, I don't wear depends. And If I were your dad I would slap you up the side of the head. You're totally disrespectful of your elders. If you knew anything about music and what is currently being marketed over the media you wouldn't spew such gibberish. Case in point. Coors still uses the song Love Train by the Ojays. Many of the lead ins for commercials come from the era you call dead.
Bottom line, there are 43,000 other fans in the stands. They all aren't musically brain dead like you suggest.

To add to my previous post, Maroon 5 also covered a Prince song on their last album. But hey, no one cares about Prince anymore.

To add to my previous post, Maroon 5 also covered a Prince song on their last album. But hey, no one cares about Prince anymore.

I do, first song we were hit with in the Brew House Pub yesterday in Brainerd was " 1999" Here's the thing, you have a very large group in the age range from 30-50 at TCF. WHY! because they can pay the season ticket prices. Oak st.says leave it to the marketing department. We have possibly the worst marketing department in the B1G. They have no idea how to think out of the box. The season ticket debacle is a perfect example. If anything put a mixture in. And btw, one of the hottest things going right now on Worth Point and Ebay are vinyls from the era Oak st. and Skiumaster poo-poo.
They're being bought by the new generation. .

Please figure out how to properly quote other posts.

I'll post it once again. Let's grab it as our 3rd quarter song before someone else does.

One potential problem with using Sabotage: It has been played at Camp Randall almost every Saturday for the last 20 years, I am not sure about other stadiums, but for Badger fans "Sabotage" is almost associated with Camp Randall as much as "Jump Around" or "Swingtown"

I do, first song we were hit with in the Brew House Pub yesterday in Brainerd was " 1999" Here's the thing, you have a very large group in the age range from 30-50 at TCF. WHY! because they can pay the season ticket prices. Oak st.says leave it to the marketing department. We have possibly the worst marketing department in the B1G. They have no idea how to think out of the box. The season ticket debacle is a perfect example. If anything put a mixture in. And btw, one of the hottest things going right now on Worth Point and Ebay are vinyls from the era Oak st. and Skiumaster poo-poo. They're being bought by the new generation. .

The "but hey, no one cares about Prince anymore" was sarcasm :) if maroon 5 (a very popular, current band) is covering his songs, obviously someone cares still.

Ruppert, I had no idea you even paid attention to any songs during games. I figured you were too busy threatening to shove a finger up someone's ass for not standing on 3rd downs.

Top Bottom