Shama: Perra might have more passing potential than any quarterback on the roster.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Gophers fans were disappointed redshirt freshman quarterback Jacques Perra wasn’t available for last Saturday’s spring game because of a thumb injury. That injury isn’t expected to be an ongoing problem but it came after having a sore arm. “He has had arm problems all spring so he hasn’t been able to throw the ball with zip,” Gophers coach Jerry Kill told Sports Headliners.

Perra, a walk-on last fall from Roseville High school, could push redshirt sophomore Chris Streveler for the No. 2 quarterback spot. Perra might have more passing potential than any quarterback on the roster.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Kid needs to learn to protect his arm and play within himself

Kid needs to learn to protect his arm and play within himself

Yes, because all injuries can be prevented by "playing within himself". I'm not even sure what that means. Protect himself how? By not throwing a football? He's a quarterback! That's a large part of the Job Description. How do you suggest he "play within himself"?

He may have ability, but no durability. And looking at the roster and spring game, I was pleasantly surprised by Conor Rhoda.

He pushed himself really hard this Winter doing passing camps and ridiculous amounts of passing reps everyday. It wore his arm down, like a pitcher near the end of the baseball season. So, the dead arm thing was the result of pushing himself too hard over the Winter, but it's only temporary & I'm sure he's learned something from this. The thumb was just a random injury, would have and could have happened to anyone.

I watched the kid grow up in H.S. w/ my son. Perra is a smart, tough, competitor w/ great throwing touch. I would be really surprised if at some point in the nex four years he doesn't have his time on the field. I don't think his durability should be questioned; stuff happens to every player in a contact sport. Too bad it happended to him a few days before the spring game.

I just wish his name wasn't so "French." :)

These kids are throwing too much. Look at the young pitchers going through Tommy John surgery. I still have shoulder and elbow issues in my throwing arm from my baseball days. Young and stupid.

Related to that, until our QB corps warm ups looks like the Go Gos n the video below, I'm not worried. Some would say we're not that far off with Streveler, Leidner, Perra with the bad wing. :/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g8jVKoR2QB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These kids are throwing too much. Look at the young pitchers going through Tommy John surgery. I still have shoulder and elbow issues in my throwing arm from my baseball days. Young and stupid.

Related to that, until our QB corps warm ups looks like the Go Gos n the video below, I'm not worried. Some would say we're not that far off with Streveler, Leidner, Perra with the bad wing. :/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g8jVKoR2QB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hell if any of these guys pull a Fitty, he should hang up his cleats immediately.

Top Bottom