All Time Top Leader Boards For Gopher Football Needs to Be Updated

RonJohnsonII

Reaction score
Disclaimer: This is for fun yet kind of for real...

There is always a lot of talk around the TOP 10 in categories. As i grace the top 10 list in a few categories and hold the number 1 spot in some as well I often wonder where are the actual statistics taken from and who decides who makes the list. I often wonder is the true due diligence taken when these list are created? Are actual statistics kept up to date? Who is the person responsible when mistakes are made or players are snubbed? Well after short thought I realize this may never get answered. Is there even someone at the University of Minnesota that even cares about this kind of stuff? Well since my questions may never get answered let me set the record straight. (Pun Intended) The receiving yards record for a career order is correct but the total for that guy in the #2 spot is incorrect. Back in the 1999-2000 era bowl games weren't counted at times for yardage to final tallies. For TOP 10 points in a career if 180 points is truly number 10 then that too is incorrect. My name is Ron Johnson and I scored 31 touchdowns in my career. I graduated college after my 3rd year so I am smart enough to know 31 times 6 is 186 points. So that would actually be number on that TOP 10 scoring list. I mean so often receivers are overlooked when it comes to scoring because kickers and running backs are the easy targets. I hope that is a typo and Lloyd scored more than 180 points as a kicker. But if it is true I hope one day someone can change that. Or my guess is maybe David Cobb already jumped into the TOP 10. I guess we may never know until someone makes that change.

Signing Off,

Gopher Football Alum

Wouldn't that be the SID? No, not him; the Sports Information Director.

Not sure, but good question.

yeah, most likely. But I think sending a note to gophersports.com is probably more useful than ranting to gopher hole.

Sentences and paragraphs help as well.

As much as we all loved Rhys Lloyd (as I did), he was an average kicker at best. With Rhys, it was all about personality. He got 102 of his 180 points on extra points (missed 6) and was a 72% FG kicker, making 26 total. Two were rather huge kicks against Wysconin and Oregon, and that's why we loved him. Rhys only played two seasons.

As much as we all loved Rhys Lloyd (as I did), he was an average kicker at best. With Rhys, it was all about personality. He got 102 of his 180 points on extra points (missed 6) and was a 72% FG kicker, making 26 total. Two were rather huge kicks against Wysconin and Oregon, and that's why we loved him. Rhys only played two seasons.

I think you are underselling him a bit. He also was great on kick-offs, good enough that he played several years in the NFL.

That and his pronounced MN accent.

Top Bottom