Shama: 50% of Coach Kill’s Time Spent Recruiting; Kill seizure free for 18 months!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

The Gophers coaches finished spring practice last Saturday and won’t be engaged in formal practices on the field with players until August, but this is a busy time with various tasks including recruiting. The NCAA allows college football assistants to be on the road recruiting now and head coaches like the Gophers Jerry Kill can recruit via telephone during this period of the spring.

Kill told Sports Headliners recruiting is a 365 days activity, and he and his staff spend 50 percent of their collective time each year in that process including evaluation and contact with potential Gophers. He said the football office receives approximately 5,500 e-mails annually regarding recommended prospects.

Kill’s health has gained attention during his time at Minnesota but the news is all good now. “I have been seizure free for 18 months,” he said.

The coach praises epilepsy special Dr. Brien Smith from Grand Rapids, Michigan for helping him. In addition to medication, Kill tries to walk every day and is diligent about eating at regular intervals.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Fifty percent is probably a pretty conservative estimate.

50% sounds good, but get back to me when he uses a helicopter to get around locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fifty percent is probably a pretty conservative estimate.

Depends. Most people would think that would equal 1,040 hours in a year (assuming 8 hours/day x 52 weeks, the typical 2,080 credited work year x 50%).

However, if you take 24 hours per day x 365.25 (to account for leap-year) you get 8,766 hours/year. 8,766 x 50% = 4,383, and that probably sounds about right for Kill.

per Shama:

“I have been seizure free for 18 months,” he said. The coach praises epilepsy special Dr. Brien Smith from Grand Rapids, Michigan for helping him. In addition to medication, Kill tries to walk every day and is diligent about eating at regular intervals.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/
I am not a physician, but it looks like Kill is taking helpful steps to improve his health. I also hope that he gets a little more sleep (3-4 hours / night?) than he reported getting a while back. I'm looking forward to a great season. Go Gophers!

I'm no doctor but I know that several different things can be wrong and cause seizures. My brother has epilepsy. He had seizures all the time as a kid. The doctors figured out it was because his spinal cord was out of alignment (had issues sending messages to brain etc). His was fixed and hasn't had a seizure in over 15 years.

The majority of people with epilepsy can be treated and some even cured. It sounds like coach Kill's can be at least treated and that's good.

Top Bottom