PF Kyle Washington to transfer fron NC State

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Former Benilde player who transferred to Brewster Academy his senior year is transferring. 6-9, 225 PF who averaged 6.8 points and 4.1 rebounds per game as a sophomore. Pretty sure he would have to sit out.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wonder if this is the PF GameDay mentioned before. Would be awesome if we could get him. He would be a great addition.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2016 lineup

Kevin Dorsey
Nate Mason
Amir Coffey
Kyle Washington
Chris Boucher/Konate

Didn't like him in high school, he was a kinda soft stretch 4... I think that year of prep school helped him a lot and he's a lot tougher now.
He'd be a good 2 year contributor, redshirt year may benefit him also

I'd be pleased with that pick up.

Washington was pretty highly rated in HS wasn't he?

Will he have a better chance to be eligible immediately if he comes here vs anywhere else?

Will he have a better chance to be eligible immediately if he comes here vs anywhere else?

I think that is only for a hardship waiver which doesn't seem to be the reason, or an excuse for him transferring.

kyle washington in maroon and gold? yes please.

I think that is only for a hardship waiver which doesn't seem to be the reason, or an excuse for him transferring.

Yes, but the rule (if it still exists) is vague. King got one and I have no idea what the hardship was?

Now we know who likely was on campus the other day.

I kind of doubt he was the one on campus the other day. That is something Ryan James would have referenced when Washington finally announced he was transferring.

This guy can play and would seriously help the Gophers. He could be a good starter for us in two years. That would be a perfect time to get him going as well because Mason and Konate would be juniors and this year's highly ranked recruiting class would be sophomores. If we get him, I would bet we make the tournament in both of the years he is eligible to play.

I kind of doubt he was the one on campus the other day. That is something Ryan James would have referenced when Washington finally announced he was transferring.

I'm pretty sure it would be a recruiting violation as well.

Top Bottom