Early line has TCU favored by 20

I have a feeling we'll either keep it within 10 points or lose by 30+.

How did I do that? I simply said we were beat soundly last year and I think they could have scored more. I didn't even mention this year's game. Find someone else to accuse Killjoy - you are looking for things that aren't there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about that, my bad. That wasn't my intention but I certainly can understand why you might think that. I was just thinking about how the odds might be calculated for this year's game and how all us put too much stock in what happened the previous year. It wasn't meant to be directed at you or anybody in particular.

Our offense turned the ball over 5 times because TCU destroyed us. There's no shame in that, TCU destroyed a lot of good football teams last year. They may have been the best team in the country. Saying that the game would have been close without the 5 TOs is like San Jose St. saying their game with us would have been close if they would have contained the run better...

TCU will again be a tough match-up for us because their biggest weakness (if you can call it that) is their pass defense. They got exposed against Baylor and also lost of lot of their back 7. Unfortunately, a passing game also happens to be our biggest weakness. Along with running QBs, which they also have.

TCU's defense destroyed our offense. I have no problem saying that. I disagree with the opinion that they thoroughly dominated us in all phases though. I think our defense, given the situations they were put it, played TCU's offense very well. I was just disagreeing with the thought that they could've run it up even more if they wanted to. From what I remember they played their starters deep into the game and were still throwing the ball quite a bit in the 4th quarter.

If I had to bet my own money, I would say TCU wins by 13 points. I hope I'm wrong, but betting on emotion is a good way to wind up broke.

TCU's defense destroyed our offense. I have no problem saying that. I disagree with the opinion that they thoroughly dominated us in all phases though. I think our defense, given the situations they were put it, played TCU's offense very well. I was just disagreeing with the thought that they could've run it up even more if they wanted to. From what I remember they played their starters deep into the game and were still throwing the ball quite a bit in the 4th quarter.

If you mean that it could have been a lot worse given how poor our offense was, then yes, I would agree with that. I'll be honest, we were so thoroughly dominated in the 1st half the game was over and I barely watched the 2nd half.

Oddsmakers are certainly looking at how TCU finished their season and how we finished ours. We lost our best two players on offense. (which they could argue with a valid point that those two were almost our entire offense). It is easy to see how an outsider could look at the situation and see a lopsided win for TCU. I am personally excited to see what kind of offense we have. Who will emerge as our main weapons etc?

I'll come out and say we're going to win. The heck with all this other garbage. Think Kill is telling his players I think we're going to lose?

If we keep it within 10, I'll be content - nationally it will be perceived that we gave them a good game. Obviously I want the Gophers to do more than that and win the game, but that's the 'fan' in me and not the person that lives in reality.

Wow. Did folks even watch the game? A coach giving credit to the other team is not rare and certainly not definitive. Go back and watch the game. We got our butts kicked and TCU held back in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offensively they didn't a whole lot. Boykin was in until the end and they continued to use their no huddle offense. They ran the ball a little bit more than the first half but it wasn't a ton more. If I remember correctly, they even threw a very deep pass with about 4 minutes left in the game. I'm not sure how TCU changed things on defense though.

I think it is a combination of us just playing better in the second half and them letting off the gas a little. But it isn't like they started running our offense or anything either.

If we keep it within 10, I'll be content - nationally it will be perceived that we gave them a good game. Obviously I want the Gophers to do more than that and win the game, but that's the 'fan' in me and not the person that lives in reality.

Agree in that as much as I want to get the win the main thing I would like to see from the team is a competitive game. There is no shame in losing to a top 5 team I just hope we look like we belong on the field with them and at least make them work for it even if in the end we come up short. If we keep it close you never know what can happen at that point. What would be disappointing would be to see us look totally overmatched and get blown out.

Offensively they didn't a whole lot. Boykin was in until the end and they continued to use their no huddle offense. They ran the ball a little bit more than the first half but it wasn't a ton more. If I remember correctly, they even threw a very deep pass with about 4 minutes left in the game. I'm not sure how TCU changed things on defense though.

I think it is a combination of us just playing better in the second half and them letting off the gas a little. But it isn't like they started running our offense or anything either.

TCU didn't let up. I distinctly remember thinking the friendship between the coaches must be overblown, then realizing style points are back in play with the playoff committee.

To their credit, the defense stiffened up and played well all game.

I have no idea what will happen this fall. Both teams have gone through some major losses of personnel. Boykin is a big time QB. Their defense has historically been well above average. We have our work cut out for us.

I love home dogs and I love revenge games, so Minnesota is the play. Still, it's not an unreasonable line. TCU averaged 46.5 ppg last year. We held them to 30, their lowest output of the year. If we could hold them to 30 again it'd be a good day and we'd have a chance to win. Now, how many points do you envision our offense scoring against TCU? They dismantled us last year. They may have some new faces on D, but their system is very strong and I have no doubt they're just reloading. We have new RB's, new WR's and the same QB. We only scored 7 last year. Will we score 10 points? 30-10 isn't an unreasonable prediction imo.

Frogs were a money making machine ATS last year, so Vegas may really have to push it to force some bets to the other side. That's an awful lot of points to give a home dog in a revenge game on a Thursday night.

No, but that's certainly been a hot topic of conversation lately on our boards.

Top Bottom