All Things Colorado State Road Trip Game: Travel Info, Best Bars, Itineraries, Plans

Kid Friendly tailgate area for gopher fans

I am looking for some kid friendly tailgaters who might be willing to take my family in for a little while prior to the game at CSU. I have an 8 and 6 year old who are going on their first away game road trip and would like to hang with gopher fans prior to the game. I will pay for our share and then some if you have a kid friendly area. Thanks

2 tickets, section H, row 55.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I think the candies can be enjoyed anywhere as long as you are not driving.

just a little friendly advice for people who would like to partake while in colorado. be very careful of edibles. they can be very inconsistent and there are stories of people overdoing it and doing some stupid stuff. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/08/marijuana-pot-edibles-thc-legalized-recreational/8463787/

as i said above, it is still illegal to smoke weed in public. while most law enforcement officers are generally pretty uninterested in hassling visitors partaking in recreational mj, you will likely receive a summons if you are smoking in public, which means that you would have to return to larimer county in 8-10 weeks to appear before a judge or risk having a warrant put out.

if you are driving, do not even think about bringing any mj home with you. police and troopers in surrounding states are not forgiving about people driving even small amounts of weed out of the state. it goes without saying that this applies even more to flying.

Is anybody planning on tailgating on their own, outside the Alumni tailgate? If so, any plans yet? Like where you'll be? In the blue parking areas it looks like? I'm flying in from AZ and my dad is flying in from KC and we'll have a rental car. Would love to hook up with some of you that I tailgated with in Vegas! Would like to meet new Gopher fans too! Let's all who aren't in the alumni tailgate try to park together! Let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early forecast for Friday is sunny with a high of 75, early forecast for Saturday is sunny and high of 79!

Go Gophers!!

My wife and I will be driving over from Park City, UT. We were at the UNLV game and also at CSU the last time we played there. We'll be tailgating on our own with a maroon F-150 and a tan pop-up tent. Bringing brats for the grill but will wait to get beer in CO :) Had a great time in Vegas and look forward to hooking up with some of the same folks and meeting new fans as well!

are there any formal sota social gatherings on friday night?

Is anybody planning on tailgating on their own, outside the Alumni tailgate? If so, any plans yet? Like where you'll be? In the blue parking areas it looks like? I'm flying in from AZ and my dad is flying in from KC and we'll have a rental car. Would love to hook up with some of you that I tailgated with in Vegas! Would like to meet new Gopher fans too! Let's all who aren't in the alumni tailgate try to park together! Let me know. Thanks!

Parking lots:
The Blue Lot is for donors and is already sold out. You'll most likely be relegated to one of the Orange Lots which are big open fields with no pavement.

Tailgating with Friends:
You don't really get to park where you want. When you pull into a lot, the yellow jackets funnel you to the next open spot. So if you're planning to tailgate with friends, it's best to meet up with them somewhere away from the stadium area, then all drive to the stadium together. Once they funnel you to a parking spot they'll let you customize it to a point.

The Stadium Approach:
The students tailgate in the Orange parking lost East of the stadium. For that reason the police have a completely different mindset over there. Plus, you will have to deal with a bunch of drunk 20 year olds. You will automatically get funneled to this lot if you come from the north side of town. I highly recommend you approach the stadium by driving west on Drake Road (not Horsetooth). This road takes you to the lots on the south side of the stadium where most families park and tailgate.

Tailgating without Minn Fans:
If you can't find other Gopher fans to tailgate with, don't worry. Just go to the game and tailgate on your own. The odds are that whoever you tailgate next to will be cool and welcoming.

I am looking for some kid friendly tailgaters who might be willing to take my family in for a little while prior to the game at CSU. I have an 8 and 6 year old who are going on their first away game road trip and would like to hang with gopher fans prior to the game. I will pay for our share and then some if you have a kid friendly area. Thanks

Be sure to bring a football or a big round ball for the kids to play with. I used to bring one of those big 2 foot diameter pink balls for my daughter to play with when she was little and she always seemed to make friends. They're less than $5 at Target. There's a lot of space for the kids to play before everyone shows up.

Great info, thanks! I've seen two different opening times for parking, 3 hours prior to kickoff and 4 hours. Do you know which is correct?

Anyone know of the best game day plan? It's just me and my fiancee heading out there, I looked online its $10 a car and 3.2 Beer to tailgate. At TCU we did the bars and Uber which was fun, but this stadium looks like it is out in the sticks.

$118 RT, Kudos!

Hughes Stadium is out in the sticks. Luckily, we're building a brand new on-campus stadium but that won't be open until 2017. Yes, bring your own beer to tailgate. I've never seen anyone check the alcohol percentage of my beer. Beer sold in gas stations and grocery stores is 3.2%. Go to the liquor store to get your beer.

Great info, thanks! I've seen two different opening times for parking, 3 hours prior to kickoff and 4 hours. Do you know which is correct?

The student lot on the east side of the stadium opens 3 hours prior to kickoff. All other lots open 4 hours prior.

Has anybody spent and time in Estes Park? I am thinking of spending a few days there before the game. I know they have some Scottish festival starting that Thursday before the game. Do any of our Colorado posters have anything to say about Estes Park? Thanks.

The drive to Estes is beautiful. In addition to the other posts you might consider doing a ghost tour or the regular historical tour of the Stanley Hotel. Or at least stop there and have a drink in their bar. Teddy Roosevelt stayed at the Stanley which inspired him to create Rocky Mountain National Park. It's also the place Stephen King stayed at that inspired him to write The Shining. There have also been a couple of those Ghost Shows that stayed their. Ghost Adventures (Nick, Zack, Aaron; yeah my wife watches that stuff) and another one.

Thanks RamSack! Really looking forward to it. Is it unreasonable to ride a bicycle from old town to the stadium or is it a highway only type of entrance?

Thanks RamSack! Really looking forward to it. Is it unreasonable to ride a bicycle from old town to the stadium or is it a highway only type of entrance?

Riding a bike to the game is a great idea. I used to do it when I was in school. There are no highways or super busy roads on that side of town. From Old Town it's probably about 4 miles.

Marijuana:
Non-Residents are allowed to purchase up to 7 grams/day.
Each gram is approximately $20. Cash only. Credit cards are not accepted in the MJ business.
Potency: It's way more potent that anything available when I was in HS...
Types: There were two kinds when I was a teenager: good and swag. There are many different options. The stores have descriptions and your Budtender will guide you to the appropriate strain to achieve the type of high you seek.
Recommended Store: Organic Alternatives on the edge of Old Town. Link is: https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/organic-alternatives
Experience: Even if you don't partake, it's kind of a surreal experience to see how the MJ business works.
Clientele: You'd be surprised.

The student lot on the east side of the stadium opens 3 hours prior to kickoff. All other lots open 4 hours prior.

Copy that. Thanks! Looks like one of the orange lots on the south side of the stadium is where we'll be. Hope to get with some Gopher fans at Washington's on Friday night and get a game plan. We'll have a brat and a cold one ready for you, RamSack!

Our group of 9 will be taking in the New Belgium brewery Friday afternoon, followed by a visit to Odells. Still figuring out our tailgate plans, but it sounds like the Orange lot is the place to be. Looking forward to cheering on the Gophs with all those who are able to make the trip!

Parking lots:
The Blue Lot is for donors and is already sold out. You'll most likely be relegated to one of the Orange Lots which are big open fields with no pavement.

Tailgating with Friends:
You don't really get to park where you want. When you pull into a lot, the yellow jackets funnel you to the next open spot. So if you're planning to tailgate with friends, it's best to meet up with them somewhere away from the stadium area, then all drive to the stadium together. Once they funnel you to a parking spot they'll let you customize it to a point.

The Stadium Approach:
The students tailgate in the Orange parking lost East of the stadium. For that reason the police have a completely different mindset over there. Plus, you will have to deal with a bunch of drunk 20 year olds. You will automatically get funneled to this lot if you come from the north side of town. I highly recommend you approach the stadium by driving west on Horsetooth Road. This road takes you to the lots on the south side of the stadium where most families park and tailgate.

If you can't find other Gopher fans to tailgate with, don't worry. Just go to the game and tailgate on your own. The odds are that whoever you tailgate next to will be cool and welcoming.

Really appreciate it RamSack!

Hughes Stadium is out in the sticks. Luckily, we're building a brand new on-campus stadium but that won't be open until 2017. Yes, bring your own beer to tailgate. I've never seen anyone check the alcohol percentage of my beer. Beer sold in gas stations and grocery stores is 3.2%. Go to the liquor store to get your beer.

Is the beer that is sold in the stadium 3.2 as well?

Tickets are almost completely sold out?

Parking lots:

Tailgating with Friends:

The Stadium Approach:
The students tailgate in the Orange parking lost East of the stadium. For that reason the police have a completely different mindset over there. Plus, you will have to deal with a bunch of drunk 20 year olds. You will automatically get funneled to this lot if you come from the north side of town. I highly recommend you approach the stadium by driving west on Drake Road (not Horsetooth). This road takes you to the lots on the south side of the stadium where most families park and tailgate.

Everyone: I apologize, but I put the wrong street down that you want to take to the stadium. It should be Drake, not Horsetooth. If you do take Horsetooth, you'll need to jog north a 1/2 mile and get on Drake anyways. Either road will eventually get you there. Sorry for the confusion.

Went to Organic Alternatives a month ago while in Fort Collins. Entertaining and good experience. I recommend to anyone who's at least interested in dabbling in the marijuana trade while out there. I also second the higher potency. If you buy an edible, only eat half.

Anybody have a pair of tickets they'd like to sell me before I pick some up on Stubhub? I live in Denver and just found out I'll be able to attend the game.

Gophers need to execute some new looks and some different offensive packages from the TCU game including the up tempo stuff they produced last week. Our Jet sweep or fakes off of it should be in play.
Catching the Rams off guard with some heavy packages like three tight ends, or 5 wide outs would not be a bad idea because with the new coaching staff and signal calls they might have more difficulty adjusting to things they have not seen out of us.

Getting so excited to make this trip. Probably will not be comparable to Nebraska last year as far as gameday atmosphere, but the setting will be spectacular and cannot wait to sample some microbrews!

Top Bottom