All Things Colorado State Road Trip Game: Travel Info, Best Bars, Itineraries, Plans

I've heard that the visitor sections are G, H and I. I know the U assigns tickets later (based on Gopher Points I bet). So you will be assigned a seat later in one of those sections.

If at the Mayor of Old Town tap house -- across the street is Dam Good Tacos. Highly recommended.

I've heard that the visitor sections are G, H and I. I know the U assigns tickets later (based on Gopher Points I bet). So you will be assigned a seat later in one of those sections.

Unless they are going to change, I already got seat assignments as well (9-12). I could not figure out what General Admission 2 meant.

Unless they are going to change, I already got seat assignments as well (9-12). I could not figure out what General Admission 2 meant.

The seats haven't been assigned yet. The website told you that during the purchase process.

All ticket assignments are temporary and all seats will be reassigned.

CSU getting new stadium.

Construction of the new stadium began in May 2015 with the official groundbreaking ceremony scheduled for the weekend of CSU's Sept. 12, 2015 home football game against the Big10's University of Minnesota. Construction of the stadium is expected to take 22 months, allowing CSU to begin playing football games in the new facility in 2017.[14]

Renderings: http://stadium.colostate.edu/

Will the tailgate operate much like the one at TCU last year, where any and all are invited you just have to pay to eat? Not interested so much in the food, but would like to hang out and buy a beer prior to the game. Anyone know?

Got tickets today for my boys and me. Bought them through CSU in section H which is in the vicinity of the visitor section. Just a hour and half drive up the road. Now all we need are Wisconsin tickets and we are set!!

Fyi... Creative Charters added another flight. 699.00 for 4 nights. 2 nights the the Stanley and two nights at the Hiltons in Fort Collins which is right across from the stadium.

Fyi... Creative Charters added another flight. 699.00 for 4 nights. 2 nights the the Stanley and two nights at the Hiltons in Fort Collins which is right across from the stadium.

not right across the street from the stadium, 3.7 milez away. get yourself a new map.

edit: in fact, there aren't really any hotels that are close to hughes, it is on the western outskirts of the city, so you will need some kind of transport.

I was all set to attend the game and the Misses got herself a new job with an 8week training program starting in August. Needless to say there goes this vacation and trip.

Has anybody spent and time in Estes Park? I am thinking of spending a few days there before the game. I know they have some Scottish festival starting that Thursday before the game. Do any of our Colorado posters have anything to say about Estes Park? Thanks.

During our visit for the CSU game in 2004, we stopped in Estes Park on our way through Rocky Mountain National Park. Pretty nice little town tucked into the mountains - had lunch at the Estes Park Brewery and ended up bringing a 12-pack back to Minnesota with me. It was worth the visit, though I don't think there is enough going on to justify spending more than a day in town, unless you're using it as kind of a base camp for outdoorsy activities in the surrounding area.

Has anybody spent and time in Estes Park? I am thinking of spending a few days there before the game. I know they have some Scottish festival starting that Thursday before the game. Do any of our Colorado posters have anything to say about Estes Park? Thanks.

Yeah, thinking of renting a cabin and hiking the park for a few days prior to the game. It seems like Estes Park is the place for doing that.

CSU ticket office just told me the visiting team's ticket allotment is in section I (corner opposite the Gopher bench). They are $40 face, which is what the U is charging. All sections behind the visiting bench appear to be student section seats not yet available for public sale.

Honestly it's only a 32,000 seat stadium so there's probably not a bad seat in the house, but I will likely buy tickets a couple section over from the U. There are cheaper tickets in the end zone ($30) and better tickets more toward the middle of the field ($45-$85).

CSU ticket office just told me the visiting team's ticket allotment is in section I (corner opposite the Gopher bench). They are $40 face, which is what the U is charging. All sections behind the visiting bench appear to be student section seats not yet available for public sale.

Honestly it's only a 32,000 seat stadium so there's probably not a bad seat in the house, but I will likely buy tickets a couple section over from the U. There are cheaper tickets in the end zone ($30) and better tickets more toward the middle of the field ($45-$85).

Anyone know if there will be tickets available on gameday whether through scalpers or other means?

Anyone know if there will be tickets available on gameday whether through scalpers or other means?

There's always tickets on the "street" I would guess this game will be well attended by Gopher fans.
Creative Charter has two planes booked. Haven't seen a UMAA trip planned as yet.

Emerald Lakes is a nice easy hike, not to much elevation changes but beautiful scenery.

http://www.rockymountainhikingtrails.com/emerald-lake.htm

I only had time for the one hike when I was there but this is a pretty descriptive web site for other hikes in the park.

http://www.rockymountainhikingtrails.com/rocky-mountain-top-10-hikes.htm

The game isn't sold out. Several sections still have "medium availability." You can see exactly which seats are unsold (green dots) by going to the stadium map on the CSU athletic dept web site.

Was just in FC visiting family last weekend. If you want to do a brewery tour of New Belgium, you need to sign up pretty soon. The spots fill up super fast....looks like Thurs September 10th is the last available day as of now (they open up dates 2 months in advance).

I was unable to get a reservation there but went to Odells instead. You can't reserve a spot well in advance, but they give out spots 30 min prior to the tours. Make sure to be in line 30 min prior to the tour you want or you'll have to wait another hour. It was a great time - awesome beer too!

EDIT:

Here's the tour calendar for New Belgium: http://www.newbelgium.com/Brewery/tasting-room/visit-us/tour-calendar.aspx

Just a heads up- the ability to reserve a tour at New Belgium for Friday 9/11 opened up yesterday. There were still a lot of spots available, but they go quickly. Odell's is right across the street as well.

edit- dang, didn't read the post immediate above. My bad

Just lurking here, thought I'd answer some questions:

Tickets- This game will probably sell out, but probably the week of the game. There's usually a good selection of tickets on StubHub. You'll also see scalpers on gameday. The scalper scene isn't very sophisticated, you don't have the professionals with bluetooth headsets on every corner, it's usually just a normal person trying to unload extras. Pro- you can get a good deal, Con- you have to walk around a little bit to find a seller.

Location- There is nothing near the stadium, so your hotel's location doesn't matter in that regard. The morning of the game, don't be tricked into thinking "It's only 3 miles away!". The stadium is up against a dam and only has two entrance points from one road. Give yourself plenty of time.

It also might be a late arriving crowd because we're having a groundbreaking ceremony for our new on-campus stadium before the game, so keep that in mind.

Tailgate- Alcohol is allowed, but you have to get a wrist band. You'll see little shacks throughout the parking lot where you get your ID checked and they give you a wrist band. It's a pain and stupid, but it's best just to get it done right away. Sometimes old looking people can get away with not having a wrist band, it's really up to the mood of the cop. Your Minnesota gear will also buy you a little leeway from them.

Glass bottles are not allowed. Make sure you have solo cups if you have beer in glass bottles. If you have hard stuff, make sure it's in a flask, or duck into your car to mix drinks. I've seen cops make people pour out full bottles of whiskey.

Weed is legal in Colorado, but you can't spoke it in public places. You'll still smell people partaking in it, but do so at your own risk. The cops in the parking lot are mounted on horses and have a great view of the scene. It is very easy to get busted and the cops have nothing better to do.

Corn hole, ladder ball, and those types of games are allowed. Beer pong, flip cup, and those types of games aren't allowed.

There is a church that gives out burgers, hotdogs, chips and pop (soda?) as part of their community outreach. They're in the East parking lot, look for a huge plume of smoke.

Game- Security is pretty lax, so sneaking booze into the game is pretty easy. No pat downs or anything. Your seats are pretty good in the September. The weather should be pretty hot and you'll get a good amount of shade. (UV is more intense up here, bring sunblock!) The stadium isn't very big, so it has great sight lines. If you want to buy some food, or if you are a female who needs to use the bathroom.... good luck.

Beer is sold in the stadium. You'll need a wristband if you didn't get one in the parking lot. The wristband stations are right next to the beer stations.

Our fans are pretty good for the most part. You will have a couple a-holes who weren't raised correctly and think "being a good fan" and "home field advantage" means being a jerk to opposing fans. I apologize in advance on their behalf.

Folks who might have PTSD: there is a loud cannon that fires from the southeast corner for the opening kickoff and after touchdowns.

Post-Game- Again, there's nothing to do at the stadium or nearby. Head to Old Town to drown your sorrows :)

I hope you all have fun! I had a lot of fun meeting Gopher fans the last time you all came out and it's kind of a bummer that this game didn't get pushed back a couple years so you could see our new digs in 2017. Maybe another home-and-home is in order.

I have been to Estes Park several times. Many good restaurants and the do have the brewery. I go for the hiking in Rocky Mt. Ntl . Park. Many easy hikes, but I always like to take a hike to the continental divide. Flattop Mt. My favorite. 4.4 miles each way and little more than 2500 foot elevation gain. Chapin Mt.is easier and you still get the great views.

Just lurking here, thought I'd answer some questions:

Tickets- This game will probably sell out, but probably the week of the game. There's usually a good selection of tickets on StubHub. You'll also see scalpers on gameday. The scalper scene isn't very sophisticated, you don't have the professionals with bluetooth headsets on every corner, it's usually just a normal person trying to unload extras. Pro- you can get a good deal, Con- you have to walk around a little bit to find a seller.

Location- There is nothing near the stadium, so your hotel's location doesn't matter in that regard. The morning of the game, don't be tricked into thinking "It's only 3 miles away!". The stadium is up against a dam and only has two entrance points from one road. Give yourself plenty of time.

It also might be a late arriving crowd because we're having a groundbreaking ceremony for our new on-campus stadium before the game, so keep that in mind.

Tailgate- Alcohol is allowed, but you have to get a wrist band. You'll see little shacks throughout the parking lot where you get your ID checked and they give you a wrist band. It's a pain and stupid, but it's best just to get it done right away. Sometimes old looking people can get away with not having a wrist band, it's really up to the mood of the cop. Your Minnesota gear will also buy you a little leeway from them.

Glass bottles are not allowed. Make sure you have solo cups if you have beer in glass bottles. If you have hard stuff, make sure it's in a flask, or duck into your car to mix drinks. I've seen cops make people pour out full bottles of whiskey.

Weed is legal in Colorado, but you can't spoke it in public places. You'll still smell people partaking in it, but do so at your own risk. The cops in the parking lot are mounted on horses and have a great view of the scene. It is very easy to get busted and the cops have nothing better to do.

Corn hole, ladder ball, and those types of games are allowed. Beer pong, flip cup, and those types of games aren't allowed.

There is a church that gives out burgers, hotdogs, chips and pop (soda?) as part of their community outreach. They're in the East parking lot, look for a huge plume of smoke.

Game- Security is pretty lax, so sneaking booze into the game is pretty easy. No pat downs or anything. Your seats are pretty good in the September. The weather should be pretty hot and you'll get a good amount of shade. (UV is more intense up here, bring sunblock!) The stadium isn't very big, so it has great sight lines. If you want to buy some food, or if you are a female who needs to use the bathroom.... good luck.

Beer is sold in the stadium. You'll need a wristband if you didn't get one in the parking lot. The wristband stations are right next to the beer stations.

Our fans are pretty good for the most part. You will have a couple a-holes who weren't raised correctly and think "being a good fan" and "home field advantage" means being a jerk to opposing fans. I apologize in advance on their behalf.

Folks who might have PTSD: there is a loud cannon that fires from the southeast corner for the opening kickoff and after touchdowns.

Post-Game- Again, there's nothing to do at the stadium or nearby. Head to Old Town to drown your sorrows :)

I hope you all have fun! I had a lot of fun meeting Gopher fans the last time you all came out and it's kind of a bummer that this game didn't get pushed back a couple years so you could see our new digs in 2017. Maybe another home-and-home is in order.

Solid first post.

You are welcome here anytime.

Great stuff SonnyLubick. Looking forward to your posts as the game approaches.

I have been to Estes Park several times. Many good restaurants and the do have the brewery. I go for the hiking in Rocky Mt. Ntl . Park. Many easy hikes, but I always like to take a hike to the continental divide. Flattop Mt. My favorite. 4.4 miles each way and little more than 2500 foot elevation gain. Chapin Mt.is easier and you still get the great views.

This is also my favorite hike in Rocky Mtn Nat Park (I used to live in Ft. Collins). Use Bear Lake Parking lot - get there early for a spot!

If you feel like more, you can continue to Hallet Peak (right next to it and same trail). That will get you up to 12,000 ft.

Estes Park Brewery is small & quaint. Shopping downtown Estes Park is a favorite of Mrs. Rescooter.

Top Bottom