All Things Colorado State Road Trip Game: Travel Info, Best Bars, Itineraries, Plans

What's the best hotel to stay at in Fort Collins for the game?

I've stayed at the Hilton off of Prospect Rd about 3 times.
We've had good stays there.

I've stayed at the Hilton off of Prospect Rd about 3 times. We've had good stays there.

I've been debating between there and Hampton Inn on Harmony Road. Booked both just in case and will cancel one later.

What would you suggest Buck?

I've been debating between there and Hampton Inn on Harmony Road. Booked both just in case and will cancel one later.

What would you suggest Buck?

I would personally stay at the Hilton off Prospect.

I also believe it is closer to Hughes Stadium and Old Town (place I enjoy going for food and beverages).

I would personally stay at the Hilton off Prospect.

I also believe it is closer to Hughes Stadium and Old Town (place I enjoy going for food and beverages).

Excellent. I will probably go with the Hilton off prospect.

I been to Denver a number of times but never spent any time in Fort Collins, so the advice is appreciated!

i have some time off this morning so i thought i'd give my opinions on staying in foco.

as already stated, the hilton is nice. close to campus and probably the closest to the stadium (though still a drive, i'd get there early). however, the best hotel for the fort collins experience is the armstrong hotel on college. it is right in old town in a century old building. the rooms are nice, they have classic and modern rooms. you will be walking distance from old town and, if you are hale, walking distance to the breweries.

there are also plenty of nice hotels down on harmony, but they are in what my wife and i call maple grove because the atmosphere is just about the same as any suburb anywhere in any city. old town has a lot of charm and is walkable and bikeable. the nice thing about staying down on the harmony corridor now is that there is a high speed bus service called max that runs all the way up to old town so revelers don't have to drive. parking sucks in old town, though the parking structures are very reasonable (first hour free and a dollar after that), they can be very busy.

avoid the mulberry corridor. the hotels may be cheap, but it is a center for crime. still, this is fort collins and not south chicago, so if you are on a budget they are doable as long as you are aware of your surroundings and take precautions (and realize that your room was probably used for prostitution the night before). the mulberry hotels are pretty far away and mulberry is closed to eastbound traffic over the poudre river, so there can be relatively bad traffic.

if you want a night on the town, old town is the place. old town square is the center of activity (corner of mountain and college (hwy 287)). there are tons of reasonable dining places and bars in the area and the square is nice to walk around and experience the fall fort collins evenings. for fine dining, the kitchen and rare italian are probably the finest in this laid back city. for drinks, pretty much all the bars downtown are acceptable.

for beer, the mayor of old is probably the best selection of beer. but the colorado room and the crown are also good pubs. for breweries downtown, coopersmith is so-so, i've heard good and bad about pateros creek, but i've never been there so i can't comment. i have been to equinox and the beer is good, better than coopersmith. there are some cideries just north of laporte ave: compass and scrumpys. i have never been to the distilleries, but there are some.

the main breweries are slightly outside of old town. head north on linden street about two blocks north of old town square and over the bridge for new belgium. this is my favorite fort collins beer, but the tap room is the smallest and can get packed. the employees are pretty hipster, so they can be kinda stuck up. the best place in town to hang is the back porch at odell. there is no place finer on a beautiful fall day than sitting outside with a st lupulin shooting the breeze with friends. i will be there after the game, we should fill the place up with gopher fans. it is about a half a mile east of old town square on mountain, which turns into lincoln. the nice thing about new belgium and odell is that the employees are owners so there is no tipping. other good breweries in the area are funkwerks and horse and dragon, these are the up and comers, though they are small.

there is a bike library in old town that rents bikes. it is a great way to get around old town and out to the breweries as long as you drink responsibly.

there is more to do in the area besides drinking. there is great hiking just minutes from old town. lory state park is about 20 minutes away and arthur's rock is a steep but doable 6 mile round trip up to the top. there are great views of the city. horsetooth rock is further south, but only about 5 minutes further. it is around the same distance and slightly less steep, but much more crowded. the payoff is the summit of horsetooth rock. 360 degree vistas with longs peak visible north. on clear days you can see boulder and wyoming.

estes park is a great day trip. about 45 minutes depending on traffic. cool little town with a bustling main street and lots of shopping for trinkets and souvenirs. great for families. it is also at the entrance to rocky mountain national park.

there is tons of stuff to do in the area, more than i can type. if you are just coming for the game, come to odell after. if you are coming for the weekend, get out and explore. i am not on this site that often anymore, but if you have any questions, pm me and i'll try to get back as soon as possible. and it seems like there are some other fort collins denizens on this board, i'm sure that they have a bunch of suggestions as well.

Any insight to the location relative to activities for this hotel:

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Collins
2821 East Harmony Road
Fort Collins, Colorado 80528

Thanks.

Go Gophers!!

Booked our flights yesterday. Doing the 6am out of Denver, no-hotel needed, late night, early morning, 5-hour energy injected, gonna smell on the plane trip.

But you can't beat $100 round trip flights.

I'm thinking more toward the dirt cheap motels. I don't need luxury, just a cheap place to sleep. There won't be anything in my room to steal.

Headed to Fort Collins for the game...Where will the Alumni HQ be? Hotel?

Headed back,was there for the game several years ago. Had a great time! Fun town at night post-game.
Anyone know which hotel the Gopher Alum HQ will be based out of?

Thanks
Frales

Heads up for you New Belgium Brewery tour guys. You can not register for a tour more than two months out. It appears that the Friday-Sunday tours fill very quickly so you may want to mark July 11 or 12th on your calendar as a reminder to register.

Not sure if this has been posted, but here is the tour schedule http://www.newbelgium.com/Brewery/tasting-room/visit-us/tour-calendar.aspx

Any insight to the location relative to activities for this hotel:

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Collins
2821 East Harmony Road
Fort Collins, Colorado 80528

Thanks.

Go Gophers!!

If I'm not mistaken, that's right next door (same vicinity) as the Holiday Inn Express & Suites where we normally stay when we visit Fort Collins, and where I just booked our lodging for our trip there for the Gophers game. For Fort Collins, I love the location because it's got great access to food, and other things, easy to get to off of the Interstate, all of those hotels are relatively newer.

The only remote downside is it's not super close to downtown or campus. I'm guessing campus is 10 minutes away, maybe 15. I love the area though, I'd highly recommend it; anything up there on Harmony, between the main N-S drag (College Ave) and I-25.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it's a few blocks down the street from our hotel but it's in the same general area. Two thumbs up!

We're booked at the Best Western University Inn on South College Ave. So PUMPED!

We're booked at the America's Best Value Inn on North College Avenue. Not exactly luxury, I know, but I'm sure I've stayed in worse. Now I have to book a rental car, does anyone know which rental place is the easiest to deal with at the Denver airport?

We're booked at the America's Best Value Inn on North College Avenue. Not exactly luxury, I know, but I'm sure I've stayed in worse. Now I have to book a rental car, does anyone know which rental place is the easiest to deal with at the Denver airport?

they are all right next to each other. I have always gone with Enterprise as they have usually been the cheapest and most reliable.

All Things Colorado State Road Trip Game: Travel Info, Best Bars, Itineraries...

I'm in! $118 round trip ticket out of Phoenix on Frontier! Thank you Gophervet!! Can't wait!!! This will be my 4th Gopher game in 5 years!!! USC, UNLV, NMSU, CSU! Look forward to seeing all the Gopherholers in Ft. Collins and tipping a few beers! Cheers!

Update: my Dad, who I don't know if he's ever been to a Gopher game, and if so it was 40 plus years ago, is flying from Kansas City to meet me for the game! Get that Gopher bandwagon hummin'!!! Ski U Mah!

Anyone know of the best game day plan? It's just me and my fiancee heading out there, I looked online its $10 a car and 3.2 Beer to tailgate. At TCU we did the bars and Uber which was fun, but this stadium looks like it is out in the sticks.

$118 RT, Kudos!

I have reserved seat 1, row 1, at home.

Cheap beer, cheap food, all amenities included. My tour guide will be my son in law.

Sing up with National for their Emerald Club. You don't need any "status". Once you are signed up, just go to the lot, go to the Emerald Aisle and take a car, SUV, Van, whatever you want (that is available). No farting around in line waiting for the jackholes in front of you.

There is so much competition at DEN that prices are usually quite close.

Details from the U on their Brick by Brick road trip to CSU:

Brick by Brick: CSU Road Trip - Tickets On Sale Tuesday, June 23

Gopher Football fans who are looking to hit the road this season can set their sights on the Colorado Rockies! Coach Kill and the Golden Gophers will hit the blue skies this season for a road game in Fort Collins taking on the Colorado State University Rams at 2:30 pm (CT) on September 12. Picture this: A fall afternoon football game in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains with the stands full of Gopher Fans. That’s a beautiful sight!

Gopher Athletics and the University of Minnesota Alumni Association are hosting a “Brick by Brick: CSU Road Trip” pre-game tailgate Saturday, September 12 at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium.

More details will be released at a later date regarding a ‘Sota Social on Friday evening in Fort Collins.

Gophers vs. Colorado State Ticket Options
Option 1 - Game Ticket & Pre-game Tailgate
Option 2 - Game Ticket Only

Tailgate Details

The pre-game tailgate will include a pre-game meal for $25 and a cash bar will be available. More details regarding the tailgate menu will be released soon.
Travel Information
Hotel Recommendations

Hilton Fort Collins
The Hilton Fort Collins hotel is situated in beautiful Northern Colorado and nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. This Fort Collins hotel boasts an excellent location for wonderful recreational opportunities including the Horsetooth Reservoir, is located near the Colorado State campus and is a short distance to Old Town Fort Collins which is full of great restaurants and bars.
425 West Prospect Road, Fort Collins, CO 80526
Visit the Hilton Fort Collins website

Airports

Denver International Airport (DIA)
Fort Collins is located approximately 70 miles northwest of DIA and approximately a 60-minute drive.
Visit the Denver International Airport website

Transportation

From DIA
Super Shuttle
Visit the Denver Airport Shuttle website

https://www.mygophersports.com/online/CSURoadTrip

Go Gophers!!

Details from the U on their Brick by Brick road trip to CSU:

Brick by Brick: CSU Road Trip - Tickets On Sale Tuesday, June 23

Gopher Football fans who are looking to hit the road this season can set their sights on the Colorado Rockies! Coach Kill and the Golden Gophers will hit the blue skies this season for a road game in Fort Collins taking on the Colorado State University Rams at 2:30 pm (CT) on September 12. Picture this: A fall afternoon football game in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains with the stands full of Gopher Fans. That’s a beautiful sight!

Gopher Athletics and the University of Minnesota Alumni Association are hosting a “Brick by Brick: CSU Road Trip” pre-game tailgate Saturday, September 12 at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium.

More details will be released at a later date regarding a ‘Sota Social on Friday evening in Fort Collins.

Gophers vs. Colorado State Ticket Options
Option 1 - Game Ticket & Pre-game Tailgate
Option 2 - Game Ticket Only

Tailgate Details

The pre-game tailgate will include a pre-game meal for $25 and a cash bar will be available. More details regarding the tailgate menu will be released soon.
Travel Information
Hotel Recommendations

Hilton Fort Collins
The Hilton Fort Collins hotel is situated in beautiful Northern Colorado and nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. This Fort Collins hotel boasts an excellent location for wonderful recreational opportunities including the Horsetooth Reservoir, is located near the Colorado State campus and is a short distance to Old Town Fort Collins which is full of great restaurants and bars.
425 West Prospect Road, Fort Collins, CO 80526
Visit the Hilton Fort Collins website

Airports

Denver International Airport (DIA)
Fort Collins is located approximately 70 miles northwest of DIA and approximately a 60-minute drive.
Visit the Denver International Airport website

Transportation

From DIA
Super Shuttle
Visit the Denver Airport Shuttle website

https://www.mygophersports.com/online/CSURoadTrip

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the info on the CSU road trip....

Our group has secured its block of tickets for Colorado State and Iowa. We'll go secondary market for Northwestern and Purdue and save 75%.

We are all set. 9 tickets secured, hotel booked at Hilton Garden Inn. Haven't been to a non-con away game since UNLV

All Things Colorado State Road Trip Game: Travel Info, Best Bars, Itineraries...

We are all set. 9 tickets secured, hotel booked at Hilton Garden Inn. Haven't been to a non-con away game since UNLV

This will be my first road trip of any kind since UNLV. Looking forward to it. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving out with the wife. Staying at the Homewood Suites then heading up to Estes Park for several days. Should be a great trip.

Got tickets thru the U yesterday, but I cannot figure out where they are at.

General Admission 2, Row 4

Does anyone know of a working link for the seating chart that shows the visiting team sections?

Top Bottom