All Things Colorado State Road Trip Game: Travel Info, Best Bars, Itineraries, Plans

Super excited as I live 20 mins from Hughes Stadium. I'll have more input in coming months. as far as travel is concerned, I fly round trip for less than $200 quite often. Denver is very inexpensive to fly in and out of, especially Frontier. Be sure to watch the fees with Frontier because carry-ons aren't free. For western MN and SD fans, look into Great Lakes Airlines (United Subsidiary) as I have flown out of Huron, SD for sub-$150 (yes, they have an airport, with flights to and from Denver, as does Watertown, SD).

Also, those that want to tour New Belgium; get a reservation early! They fill up very fast on weekends. Personally, I prefer Odell and you do not need one there. First come, first serve. signup at the half hour before the tour. Also a Budweiser plant in town but it sucks compared to NB and OD. They also have several locally distributed brews that youll sorely miss when you leave, as well as test brews. Also have Fort Collins Brewery (have a great brunch also) a five minute walk from OD.

I am so jacked for this game. Any questions, just ask. ill be posting more stuff as things get closer.

4 of us driving out and taking a week off from work (Wed-Tue). Doing some CO microbrewery tour stuff wrapped around the football game. Best bet for tickets is wait until the Gopher ticket office puts them on sale, right?

Super excited as I live 20 mins from Hughes Stadium. I'll have more input in coming months. as far as travel is concerned, I fly round trip for less than $200 quite often. Denver is very inexpensive to fly in and out of, especially Frontier. Be sure to watch the fees with Frontier because carry-ons aren't free.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked,they do allow one free bag that will fit under the seat. I'll keep it light, just my laptop and a change or two of clothes.

https://content.flyfrontier.com/travel-information/baggage

From link: We know how important your headphones, laptops, and crossword puzzles are for your in-flight experience. All passengers are allowed one free personal item that will fit under the seat in front of you. It can be no larger than 14” tall, 8” wide, and 18” long (including handles, wheels, and straps). Think backpacks, purses, briefcases and computer bags.

It looks like the charge between $30 and $50 for carry-on bags, so it might be best to travel as light as possible.

Not worried about this game. We should win comfortably.

I think a good showing against TCU and winning this game handedly will keep us on the top 25 Radar

By CSU game, I may be living in St. JOhns, Arizona area, roughly 4 hours NE of Phoenix. Might be a roady to consider.

I'm moving to Denver this summer, so I will definitely be at the game. Getting excited already...my first game in 3 years!

Prices are going up for airfare. The RT airfare was $104, now it is $114. If you're planning on flying out for the game, you might want to get your tickets soon.

if you're renting a hotel, beware the mulberry corridor. the hotels are the cheapest in the area, but it is also a cesspool of prostitution, and drug and human trafficking. i'd recommend the hilton or the armstrong in old town for the best fort collins experience. if you want affordable, anything down south off of e. harmony road. it's farther away, but the area is nicer than mulberry.

The wife and I will be there. We are turning it into a 2 week road trip from Minnetonka. Starting out in Park City, Utah. Never been there. We will spend Friday night in Fort Collins at the Homewood Suites and then we are heading up to Estes Park for about 4 days. Should be home on Friday so we can catch the Gophers at TCF on Saturday. Excited for this trip.c

After backing away from going to Iowa City (with the night game) seriously considering going to this one.

Kids have never seen The Rockies so flying out on Thursday and spending Friday seeing the mountains might just be the ticket.

Was at CSU 20 years ago for a conference and really enjoyed Fort Collins. Also know someone (through work) that lives there so that's a connection too.

Throw in a Gophers game...with a "W" reasonable to believe...makes for a great road trip.

Mrs Bayfield gave me the thumbs up. So is there anyone out there who wants to share a room/car with a 70 year old? My only requirement is a visit to the New Belgium Brewery which is a must. I will get the tickets when they become available. PM me.

I'm in. Will be taking my nephew who lives downtown Denver. Fun!

Ajrfare is going up folks!

IAM4Goldy and I booked MSP to DEN RT on Delta for $225 about six weeks ago!

I'm already fired up!

Go Gophers!!

Roundtrip from Sioux Falls is currently only 109 bucks...... If I could get a commit from some buddies to not go alone it'd be booked already.

Does anyone have plans for what they want to do? I'll be getting in by around 10 on Friday, and won't be able to check in to the hotel until about 3, so I think I'll drive up the mountains. There's a distillery tour in Fort Collins that might be interesting.

Going with one other for sure (trying to get one more). College friend lives one mile from the stadium, so we got that going for us.

I just took a look at flights. $104 round trip to Denver, with a rental car to get you to Fort Collins, it gets you to $153. Arrive in Denver early on Friday, fly home early Sunday. Tempting...

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Mrs. Tater and I are booked! Should be a really fun weekend trip--hope to see some of you there!

3 pages, and no mention of a certain something that is totally legal there... I'm shocked. Lol.

I am strongly considering this game. I have been to Denver a couple of times but never up to Ft. Collins. Has anyone been to a game there before?

I am strongly considering this game. I have been to Denver a couple of times but never up to Ft. Collins. Has anyone been to a game there before?

Yes, highly recommend this trip. Last time was a blast. Golf, breweries, football. What's not to like? Just booked on Southwest $250 RT and free bags.

Anybody want to sponsor a poor student? :cool02: Sounds like an awesome trip

Prices going up again. The RT flight that was $104 is now $154. You can still get RT tickets on Expedia for $135 on Spirit Airlines, leaving 2PM Friday, coming back 6:17 AM Sunday.

Mrs. IAGopherfan jumped at the chance to go to Colorado for this game! She is a Photographer and wants to turn it into sight seeing trip. We are going to drive out the week of and stay in the area for a few days. Score!

3 pages, and no mention of a certain something that is totally legal there... I'm shocked. Lol.

Willie and Merle's new song "it's all going to pot" could be played at a few tailgates that weekend:

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom