All Things Colorado State Road Trip Game: Travel Info, Best Bars, Itineraries, Plans

jaymil

Reaction score
Here's a thorough preview of Colorado State written by Bill Connelly who does a good job writing for SB Nation IMO.

A lot of unknowns with the new coaching staff and losing their starting QB and RB. They seem to be a good matchup for us as well with the strength of the offense being the WR core (our secondary is awesome) and their defense struggling to disrupt running offenses.

I think this game could stay close though, with the combination of them returning some talent, the uncertainty of what the new coaching staff will do (they'll keep it vanilla week 1 against Savannah State), and it being a road game after playing TCU week 1.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...e-roster?_ga=1.106825163.934393180.1424797389

Here's a thorough preview of Colorado State written by Bill Connelly who does a good job writing for SB Nation IMO.

A lot of unknowns with the new coaching staff and losing their starting QB and RB. They seem to be a good matchup for us as well with the strength of the offense being the WR core (our secondary is awesome) and their defense struggling to disrupt running offenses.

I think this game could stay close though, with the combination of them returning some talent, the uncertainty of what the new coaching staff will do (they'll keep it vanilla week 1 against Savannah State), and it being a road game after playing TCU week 1.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...e-roster?_ga=1.106825163.934393180.1424797389

I don't care that we play #3 the week before. we should be totally dumping these guys.

They remind me of SJSU in 2013. Great year the previous year, but the U will just wear them down as the game goes on.

Gophers 38, CSU 17

I think a bit conservative, but a good prediction. Our D is better than that. Even through the 2 deeps. Our O will run for 400+ and the passing game 200+.

I think me and Mrs Greek are going to make the trip for this game.

Is it time for Dr.Don to get his lazy ass off the couch and post "Predict the Score"? I sure hope so because that means the football season is upon us.

Way too early. No official predictions allowed yet.

I just took a look at flights. $104 round trip to Denver, with a rental car to get you to Fort Collins, it gets you to $153. Arrive in Denver early on Friday, fly home early Sunday. Tempting...

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I hope to get out to Fort Collins for the game as well. Can anyone enlighten me as to how and when I could get tix in the visitor's section?

I wonder if there would be enough interest for a charter bus...

Where did you see this? What airline? That's a heck of a deal...cheaper then driving.

I just took a look at flights. $104 round trip to Denver, with a rental car to get you to Fort Collins, it gets you to $153. Arrive in Denver early on Friday, fly home early Sunday. Tempting...

Where did you see this? What airline? Seems cheaper then driving.

I saw it on Orbitz. I did a search on RT flights from Minneapolis to Denver, departing Friday the 11th and returning Sunday the 13th. I was really surprised how cheap it was.

My wife and I have talked about going to this game when the schedule came out. With that price I'm positive that we'll be going.

This family is going, and bringing the in-laws (who are coming down from Wyoming) and potentially a number of the wife's extended family, many of whom live in the Denver area (including Fort Collins). Can't wait!

I went the last time the Gophers played there, around '04? Anyway, it's a decent drive, especially when four guys shared the driving duties. Stop at the New Belgium Brewery if you're in to that kind of thing.
I absolutely loved the tailgate scene. Massive dirt parking lot with lots of cordial fans. I loved the setting of the stadium and overall had a great time. I understand those that want to fly, especially if the price is right, but if you like to drive, it's not a grueling task.

Anyone know what the cheapest way to rent a car at the Denver airport?

I'll be flying up there for sure. Looking forward to a nice weekend in Fort Collins/Loveland!!

I just looked, RT airfare, rental car and 2 nights hotel for $296. Granted, it's not exactly a first-class hotel, but I just need a place to sleep. If there's a continental breakfast, I'm in.

I went the last time the Gophers played there, around '04? Anyway, it's a decent drive, especially when four guys shared the driving duties. Stop at the New Belgium Brewery if you're in to that kind of thing.
I absolutely loved the tailgate scene. Massive dirt parking lot with lots of cordial fans. I loved the setting of the stadium and overall had a great time. I understand those that want to fly, especially if the price is right, but if you like to drive, it's not a grueling task.

My girlfriend and I plan to drive. Drive to Deadwood, SD on Wednesday, then the rest of the way to Fort Collins on Thursday. That splits it up about half and half at roughly 5-7 hours for each leg of the journey. Already booked the hotels. Drive all the way back on Sunday.

Mrs Bayfield gave me the thumbs up. So is there anyone out there who wants to share a room/car with a 70 year old? My only requirement is a visit to the New Belgium Brewery which is a must. I will get the tickets when they become available. PM me.

My girlfriend and I plan to drive. Drive to Deadwood, SD on Wednesday, then the rest of the way to Fort Collins on Thursday. That splits it up about half and half at roughly 5-7 hours for each leg of the journey. Already booked the hotels. Drive all the way back on Sunday.

I was thinking the same thing. Good plan for those who want a road trip.

At 0-1 (I assume) this will be a huge game to save the season from disaster. I really wish THIS was our marquee non-conference game. Goal should always be to come away healthy and 4-0.

Top Bottom