Pirsig headed back to kindergarten

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Link

Standing at 6'9'' and 320 lbs., offensive lineman Jonah Pirsig isn't the type of person you'd imagine teaching kindergarten.

But with a major of elementary education, you can find him reading to five and six year olds instead of sitting in a lecture.

His love of teaching developed in high school when he took a community service class.

"I got put into a fourth grade classroom, not really wanting to be a teacher at that point," Pirsig said. "But after a couple of weeks, I just kind of fell in love with it."

My favorite quote: "They actually say more about my hair than they do my height," (Pirsig) said. "I was worried they'd be a little scared [of my height] but the first day, a bunch of kids came up to me wanting me to read to them, so it was a good feeling."

He should probably yell out, "It's not a too-mer", but then again, he's probably never seen Kindergarten Cop.

Met him with my kids on Saturday. He seems very nice and was very comfortable interacting with all the kids. He went down to a knee next to them so they were more at the same height until they asked him to stand so they could see how tall he was.

Top Bottom