Glen Mason Tweet!!!

We beat Nebraska for the third year in a row after not beating them since 1960 -- and not being competitive in any of those games.

We lost to Nebraska by a TD or less four separate times during the 1960s.

My deepest apologies. The beat downs didn't begin until 1969 and only included 12 consecutive Nebraska wins by 24 points or more. I can see how that derailed the point I was trying to make.

Remember when Butt Bielema said that Wiscy had surpassed Michigan as a program because they beat them the last couple of times? It's nice knowing that the Gophers have now surpassed Nebraska. The past is now irrelevant.

Remember when Butt Bielema said that Wiscy had surpassed Michigan as a program because they beat them the last couple of times? It's nice knowing that the Gophers have now surpassed Nebraska. The past is now irrelevant.

It's like having a bye week before Harbaugh comes to town.

This team IS astounding! Even better, top to bottom quality kids. Time to be proud of the University's achievement in football. No a apologies needed.

This team IS astounding! Even better, top to bottom quality kids. Time to be proud of the University's achievement in football. No a apologies needed.

I noticed at the spring practices some of the coaches ans staff were wearing T-shirts that read: "We can, We will, No excuses!" "No apologies needed" works too.

Please be kidding, family comes first. And why should Mason owe the Gophers any allegiance? They fired him.

I do believe some of kids went to the U. That should be allegiance enough. That pathetic W flag should be burned.

There is no-way we are clear cut favorites. Our schedule is much tougher. Wisconsin has owned us for more than a decade. Can we win 3 in a row against Nebraska? We haven't played well @ Iowa. Can we beat Michigan 2 years in a row? We play @ OSU. While I think we have a chance to win all of those games except maybe at OSU, History would say we could lose everyone of them as well. I am hopeful that we can win the West, but I think we have a tougher road than others and understand that we will in no way be the favorites.

Like it or not, there have been three Big Ten championship games and Wisconsin has played in three of them. They lose Gordon but Clement is really good. Have to give them the edge going into the season. The next returning rushers are the QB and the back up QB. That is a big question mark. Have to replace an all American at tight end and the two top wide receivers. QB competed 52 percent of his passes. Those are serious questions on offense. Defense should be solid but needs to be better than last year. I think sometimes forget that it took a couple of miracles to beat Purdue and Illinois at home last year. Have to play both on the road. I think the program will take a dip this year because of the tough schedule. TCU and at Colorado State will not be easy. I expect the Ohio U game to be more of a challenge than some think. After 2015, I would expect the program to rebound.

Like it or not, there have been three Big Ten championship games and Wisconsin has played in three of them. They lose Gordon but Clement is really good. Have to give them the edge going into the season. The next returning rushers are the QB and the back up QB. That is a big question mark. Have to replace an all American at tight end and the two top wide receivers. QB competed 52 percent of his passes. Those are serious questions on offense. Defense should be solid but needs to be better than last year. I think sometimes forget that it took a couple of miracles to beat Purdue and Illinois at home last year. Have to play both on the road. I think the program will take a dip this year because of the tough schedule. TCU and at Colorado State will not be easy. I expect the Ohio U game to be more of a challenge than some think. After 2015, I would expect the program to rebound.

Buddy, you mistyped "Buckyville" on your search bar.

Like it or not, there have been three Big Ten championship games and Wisconsin has played in three of them.

There have been four of which they've played in three. MSU beat OSU in 2013. Wisconsin may pick up where they left off, but they are on their second coaching change in the last three years and they lose Gordon and oline guys. Their defense should be good again though so they have that along with a powder puff schedule. They have a chance to be right back in Indy next December.

Wisconsin has played in three of them.

Once when they finished behind tOSU, but tOSU was ineligible.

Once when they finished behind tOSU and PSU, both of whom were in eligible.

Top Bottom