Oklahoma

denguegopher

Reaction score
Was listening to Jack Arute tonight on the radio and he interviewed Bob Stoops. Its probably no big deal, but OU has had their spring game but still has two practices left in spring ball. I was trying to think of advantages of doing that. Seems that most everyone has the spring game as their final practice. Stoops did not mention that it was a strategic decision to sequence their practices as they did. Anyway, it just seemed odd to me. Go Gophers!

Was listening to Jack Arute tonight on the radio and he interviewed Bob Stoops. Its probably no big deal, but OU has had their spring game but still has two practices left in spring ball. I was trying to think of advantages of doing that. Seems that most everyone has the spring game as their final practice. Stoops did not mention that it was a strategic decision to sequence their practices as they did. Anyway, it just seemed odd to me. Go Gophers!

I actually like the idea. Have the game, see how guys handle the pressure, then make adjustments in practice rather than waiting until the fall

Is their Spring Game an actual game, or is it just a big open practice like Kill runs?

I assume that this is due to them skipping a few practices in protest while the racial fraternity video was going on.

I assume that this is due to them skipping a few practices in protest while the racial fraternity video was going on.

This makes sense. And as Halsey wrote, they may end up liking it.

The only things that needs to be said about Oklahoma is that if they didn't suck so bad TEXAS would fall into the Gulf of Mexico and Stoops better get back to playing like they used to or the BMD 'S will preside over his exit.

i remember when stoops flew in to interview for our job. mike max met him at the airport and channel 5 had cameras outside the window of the room he was interviewing in.

i remember when stoops flew in to interview for our job. mike max met him at the airport and channel 5 had cameras outside the window of the room he was interviewing in.

No wonder he turned it down.

I have always liked Stoops , but in my mind he is really underachieving bigtime.

I have always liked Stoops , but in my mind he is really underachieving bigtime.

I think his program had a down year last year, but I wouldn't say he is an underachiever. He maybe hasn't lived up to his nickname "Big Game Bob" which he got after such a ridiculous start at OU. He won the national title in year two and won three BCS bowl games in his first four years. That said, he's won four of his last six bowl games.

Overall, in 16 years of coaching, he's won 8 conference titles, been to nine BCS Bowl games, including 3 national title game appearances, and won at least 10 games in 12 of his 16 years.

That ain't bad.

Top Bottom