BTN Announces Primetime Games: Gophers @ Iowa will be a primetime game on November 14

Gophers AT Iowa is going to be a night game!!!!

As someone that just committed to going last week, this makes me VERY happy.

BTN’s Primetime Schedule

Saturday, Sept. 12
South Alabama at Nebraska

Saturday, Sept. 19
Rutgers at Penn State

Saturday, September 26
Hawaii at Wisconsin

Saturday, October 3
Michigan at Maryland

Saturday, October 10
Michigan State at Rutgers

Saturday, November 14
Minnesota at Iowa

Gophers at Iowa in Prime Time this fall

got this at work today:
BTN’s 2015 primetime football schedule will feature the conference’s 2014 West Division Champion Wisconsin Badgers, Cotton Bowl Champion Michigan State and Michigan in its first year under new head coach Jim Harbaugh among its contests on six key Saturday nights.
Twelve of the 14 Big Ten schools will play in primetime on BTN, and four of the games are conference contests, including Minnesota at Iowa in the first-ever primetime battle for the Floyd of Rosedale Trophy at Kinnick Stadium.
The first of BTN’s conference matchups in primetime features Rutgers at Penn State on Sept. 19.
On Oct. 3, Michigan visits Maryland in a Big Ten East Division clash.
Michigan State, which ended last season ranked No. 5 in the country after its dramatic comeback victory over Baylor in the Cotton Bowl, visits Rutgers on Oct. 10.
BTN closes out its primetime slate on Nov. 14 with the Floyd of Rosedale rivalry game, when the Hawkeyes host the Gophers. Iowa has won six of the last 10, but Minnesota looks to capture the trophy for the second straight season after its impressive 51-14 victory last year.
BTN’s other primetime selections include Pittsburgh at Iowa on Sept. 19, when former Michigan State defensive coordinator and now Pittsburgh head coach Pat Narduzzi makes his return to the conference. Also on the schedule are Hawaii at Wisconsin and Ball State at Northwestern.
In all, BTN will televise at least 40 football games this fall. Start times and television arrangements for other early season games will be announced at a later date.

BTN’s Primetime Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 12: South Alabama at Nebraska
Saturday, Sept. 19: Rutgers at Penn State
Saturday, September 26: Hawaii at Wisconsin
Saturday, October 3: Michigan at Maryland
Saturday, October 10: Michigan State at Rutgers
Saturday, November 14: Minnesota at Iowa
*Kent State at Illinois on Friday, Sept. 4 previously announced
*Florida International at Indiana on Sept. 12, Pittsburgh at Iowa on Sept. 19 and Ball State at Northwestern on Sept. 26 will also appear in primetime in the Big Ten team’s home market and on Extra Football Game Channels and BTN2Go elsewhere.

Here is full BTN primetime schedule. I am hoping for a prime time game on Halloween at home vs Michigan.

BTN’s Primetime Schedule

Saturday, Sept. 12
South Alabama at Nebraska

Saturday, Sept. 19
Rutgers at Penn State

Saturday, September 26
Hawaii at Wisconsin

Saturday, October 3
Michigan at Maryland

Saturday, October 10
Michigan State at Rutgers

Saturday, November 14
Minnesota at Iowa

http://btn.com/2015/04/13/btn-announces-2015-primetime-football-schedule/

Go Gophers!!

Joe C just sent and quickly deleted a tweet saying that he's hearing the Gophers will be in primetime for TCU, Michigan, and at Ohio State as well. That would be incredible.

Joe C just sent and quickly deleted a tweet saying that he's hearing the Gophers will be in primetime for TCU, Michigan, and at Ohio State as well. That would be incredible.

Wow!! That would be awesome!!

Go Gophers!!

This is only the BTN schedule. ESPN has yet to make their picks...

TCU is a given, since it's Thursday. Michigan and OSU on ESPN/ABC makes sense.

I would rather play Iowa at Kinnick in the 11:00am slot. This night game will give them a reason to have a rowdy home crowd because everyone down there will have a reason to get sloshed all day. Even though they won't be very good this year they'll still bring it for a primetime night game (the crowd), as opposed to an 11:00 game where the stadium wouldn't be full. So we'll get their best, and that'll be a better opportunity for them to upset us.

Halloween Prime Time against Harbaugh, Michigan & for the Jug?

Um.....YES PLEASE!!

I would rather play Iowa at Kinnick in the 11:00am slot. This night game will give them a reason to have a rowdy home crowd because everyone down there will have a reason to get sloshed all day. Even though they won't be very good this year they'll still bring it for a primetime night game (the crowd), as opposed to an 11:00 game where the stadium wouldn't be full. So we'll get their best, and that'll be a better opportunity for them to upset us.

By Nov. 14th Ferentz may be a dead man walking with a team that's quit on him.

Guess I better prepare myself to attend my first game at Kinnick this year then

I'm less excited about a Kinnick Stadium night game for the sole reason that it will be colder than cold there at 7pm on November 14th.

I'm less excited about a Kinnick Stadium night game for the sole reason that it will be colder than cold there at 7pm on November 14th.

so we'll all eat some ice cream and call it good. It is the Gopher way.

Guess I better prepare myself to attend my first game at Kinnick this year then

I was just thinking the same thing. Never been to a road game before, and this seems like a great opportunity. The weather might make it difficult to wear maroon and gold on the outside though.

Is that really the best game that week? Yawn.

I also thought that seemed like an odd choice. BYU @ Michigan will probably be a better game, and Kansas @ Rutgers is at least a game between 2 power conference schools. Not that it matters for BTN because they're road games, but Indiana @ Wake Forest and Maryland @ West Virginia are also that week.

Is that really the best game that week? Yawn.

NONE of these games are the best games of the week. This announcement is for prime time games on BTN only. BTN NEVER gets the top game of the week. Some weeks BTN gets the 2nd best game, but usually it is the 3rd or 4th best and on down the line.

ABC/ESPN will announce prime time games soon. TCU, Michigan and OSU games are great candidates to show up there.

The average temperature range in Iowa City on Nov. 14 is a high of 51 and a low of 32. Unless it's an abnormally cold day, it should be between 35 and 40 at 7 pm.

NONE of these games are the best games of the week. This announcement is for prime time games on BTN only. BTN NEVER gets the top game of the week. Some weeks BTN gets the 2nd best game, but usually it is the 3rd or 4th best and on down the line.

ABC/ESPN will announce prime time games soon. TCU, Michigan and OSU games are great candidates to show up there.

It's interesting that the BTN schedule didn't include TCU, I would guess that will mean ESPN will pick up the game. Hopefully we'll have a 7 or 8 pm start and the U will open the lots for tailgating at 2 p.m.

It's interesting that the BTN schedule didn't include TCU, I would guess that will mean ESPN will pick up the game. Hopefully we'll have a 7 or 8 pm start and the U will open the lots for tailgating at 2 p.m.

There was no way that game was going to end up on the BTN. Thursday night game featuring a team that will be ranked at or near the top of the preseason polls....that has ESPN or some other National network written all over it.

[B]I am hoping for a prime time game on Halloween at home vs Michigan. [/B]

http://btn.com/2015/04/13/btn-announces-2015-primetime-football-schedule/

Go Gophers!!

Here is the current list of games for October 31, 2015. Bleed, you may get your wish for a prime time game that evening. Try and find a game below that TV executives find appealing. CBS will gobble up the Auburn-Ole Miss for their afternoon slot. After that... not much else.

Air Force at Hawaii TBA TBA
Arizona at Washington TBA TBA
Boise State at UNLV TBA TBA
Central Michigan at Akron TBA TBA
Clemson at North Carolina State TBA TBA
Colorado at UCLA TBA TBA
Florida International at Florida Atlantic TBA TBA
Georgia State at Arkansas State TBA TBA
Georgia Tech at Virginia TBA TBA
Idaho at New Mexico State TBA TBA
Illinois at Penn State TBA TBA
Louisiana Monroe at Louisiana Lafayette TBA TBA
Marshall at Charlotte TBA TBA
Maryland at Iowa TBA TBA
Miami at Duke TBA TBA
Michigan at Minnesota TBA TBA
Nebraska at Purdue TBA TBA
Notre Dame at Temple TBA TBA
Oklahoma at Kansas TBA TBA
Oklahoma State at Texas Tech TBA TBA
Ole Miss at Auburn TBA TBA
Oregon State at Utah TBA TBA
Rutgers at Wisconsin TBA TBA
San Diego State at Colorado State TBA TBA
South Carolina at Texas A&M TBA TBA
Stanford at Washington State TBA TBA
Syracuse at Florida State TBA TBA
Tennessee at Kentucky TBA TBA
Texas at Iowa State TBA TBA
Troy at Appalachian State TBA TBA
Tulane at Memphis TBA TBA
Tulsa at SMU TBA TBA
UCF at Cincinnati TBA TBA
UMass at Ball State TBA TBA
USC at California TBA TBA
UT Martin at Arkansas TBA TBA
UTEP at Southern Miss TBA TBA
UTSA at North Texas TBA TBA
Vanderbilt at Houston TBA TBA
Virginia Tech at Boston College TBA TBA
Western Kentucky at Old Dominion TBA TBA
Wyoming at Utah State TBA TBA

Here is the current list of games for October 31, 2015. Bleed, you may get your wish for a prime time game that evening. Try and find a game below that TV executives appealing. CBS will gobble up the Auburn-Ole Miss for their afternoon slot. After that... not much else.

Thanks for posting. It probably comes down to Arizona-Washington, Michigan-Minnesota, mayyybe Illinois-Penn State (it's a stretch, but they always have some weird matchup in primetime each year). South Carolina-A&M and Ole Miss-Auburn are appealing, but the SEC games are usually on CBS and late afternoon on ESPN.

ab709e0a6410c5cedf8b59dc1f7fcedf3b9faf43f040004186aae8204023f752.jpg

The next best games are Va Tech/BC and USC/Cal.

BTN Announces Primetime Games: Gophers @ Iowa will be a primetime game on Nov...

Wow this is sweet. Might have to go to the game now. When do away game Iowa tickets from the U typically go on sale?

This will be a pivotal game. We do not want to be in a position for them to play spoiler. If we want to be playing for the division, this is a must win.

Top Bottom