NFL Scout says Gophers prob have 3rd best talent in B1G for 2015, behind OSU & MSU

Well, he was drafted in the first round, as a QB, which drives home the inaccuracy of talent evaluation even at the NFL level. Yes, the coach was fired...but someone signed off on that debacle.

To me, it's interesting that close to 60% of five stars don't warrant a 7th round flyer, even if there are injuries and mental problems with some of them. Even if Tebow played for Indiana he would have been drafted as an "athlete" in the mid to late rounds on potential alone.

Everyone gets the topics confused. Recruiting does matter and coaches like Kill have been able to recruit very well for players that will succeed in his system. It is the biased " ranking system" that doesn't always correlate to who will be successful in college or pro football. All the ranking system does is highlight some of the well known and obvious prospects that have the best chance of being a good player. Just because you have a high ranking doesn't guarantee that you have the will, smarts or commitment to make it as a player. Kids with lower rankings may just not have finished growing, never been coached, played the wrong position or never were evaluated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone gets the topics confused. Recruiting does matter and coaches like Kill have been able to recruit very well for players that will succeed in his system. It is the biased " ranking system" that doesn't always correlate to who will be successful in college or pro football. All the ranking system does is highlight some of the well known and obvious prospects that have the best chance of being a good player. Just because you have a high ranking doesn't guarantee that you have the will, smarts or commitment to make it as a player. Kids with lower rankings may just not have finished growing, never been coached, played the wrong position or never were evaluated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are the rankings biased?

Also, if they have a lower ranking, they were evaluated, because that's how they got their ranking.

46f100fc21_lather-rinse-repeat.jpg

Top Bottom