Sam Schlueter Commits to Gophers!!!!

I'm glad we got Schlueter & think we'll get Kegel as well. After that I'd like to see us focus on a few guys that could make an immediate impact. We will be painfully thin at C and G after next season. On paper it looks right now as if it's be Connor Mayes @ Center, Tyler Moore @ Guard and Isaac Hayes @ Guard. Behind them we have Jared Wyler. Point being is we could REALLY use a stud who's ready to play immediately, like Connor or Tyler Moore.

Schlueter is a great get. He is incredibly athletic.

It'll be interesting to see how our OL plays out with Mayes, Moore, Schlueter, Foster, Oseland, etc., etc., I think Oseland possibly moves inside.

Schlueter is a great get. He is incredibly athletic.

It'll be interesting to see how our OL plays out with Mayes, Moore, Schlueter, Foster, Oseland, etc., etc., I think Oseland possibly moves inside.

I'd be surprised if they move Oseland to guard, on film it looks like he plays really well in space and Limegrover was really high on him at OT.

I'm glad we got Schlueter & think we'll get Kegel as well. After that I'd like to see us focus on a few guys that could make an immediate impact. We will be painfully thin at C and G after next season. On paper it looks right now as if it's be Connor Mayes @ Center, Tyler Moore @ Guard and Isaac Hayes @ Guard. Behind them we have Jared Wyler. Point being is we could REALLY use a stud who's ready to play immediately, like Connor or Tyler Moore.

This is why they played Connor Mayes last year despite people being furious that we "burned" his redshirt. And why Moore will play this year. We need them to get experience so they can starts as juniors/sophomores. I'm betting that we end up taking 4 O-lineman in this class.

This is why they played Connor Mayes last year despite people being furious that we "burned" his redshirt. And why Moore will play this year. We need them to get experience so they can starts as juniors/sophomores. I'm betting that we end up taking 4 O-lineman in this class.

This is exactly right. Same reason we play one true Freshman every year at CB for limited snaps. Myrick, James, this year probably Buford AND Shenault. It means a guy isn't completely wet behind the ears the following year when they expect him to play meaningful snaps.

I guess we have a few options still to play inside in Jared Wyler and Ted Stieber. Maybe one of those guys will be further along than I'm imagining? Schlueter is also a guy that could get some early playing time at Guard?

I don't see Oselund moving inside to Guard either. The hardest position on the OL to recruit is LT and Limey is on record as saying Oselund has the skills to play LT for us.

Top Bottom