Izzo lands Caleb Swanigan UPDATE: De-commits from Izzo

Good for them. Players of that caliber are rare for the conference and his program, especially considering their level of success.

Purdue over a Bo Ryan coach team, that is going into a new realm.

Purdue over a Bo Ryan coach team, that is going into a new realm.

Hardly.

2008-09: Purdue, tied for second; Wisconsin, tied for fourth
2009-10: Purdue, tied for first; Wisconsin, fourth
2010-11: Purdue, second; Wisconsin, third

Wouldnt say legendary, BB, but they are my second favorite team along with the Maine Black Bears!

Good to see you back. ... you were absent from the board for quite awhile. Hope all is well.

Is there a good chance this kid is a one and done type of player?

Ill cheer for any B1G that's not a Badger, good for Izzo.

There were bitter feelings a few years back when Branden Dawson was said to be a lock for Purdue and he flipped to Michigan State. Perhaps Boiler fans get to turn the tables this time.

No Swanigan definitely would knock Sparty down a peg, but still a likely Big Ten title contender, at worst top 4?

As in California or Calipari?

I would sense foul play in either case.

Why would a big man from the Midwest decommit from Izzo when he's in position to probably start and likely the #1 team in the country?

Why would a big man from the Midwest decommit from Izzo when he's in position to probably start and likely the #1 team in the country?

new dorms at KU? take only 6 semester hours then be a lottery pick? possibly the last year for one and dones with nba collective bargaining coming up?

Would Izzo let a player skip classes second semester? Would Coach Cal?

California. One of his buddies committed there after he announced for MSU. Swanigan's legal guardian is a Purdue grad, interestingly.

Cal already has two top 10 recruits signed for 2015. As someone who knows very little about the history of Cal basketball, adding Swanigan could very well give them their best class ever.

[SUB][/SUB]
Cal already has two top 10 recruits signed for 2015. As someone who knows very little about the history of Cal basketball, adding Swanigan could very well give them their best class ever.

I thought I had heard that Cal was out of scholarships but I could have heard incorrectly. Most so called experts say he's leaning towards the Boilers.

Because Izzo is going to the Wolves!

(I hope not. Doesn't seem like an NBA coach).

Well they did have Jason Kidd and Lamond Murray on their team at the same time in the 90s I believe.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WOW -- this will be quite a front line.

Thankfully the Gophers only have Purdue on the schedule once next year. Purdue could just throw Swanigan, Hammons, and Haas out there at the same time and set the ball back and forth like volleyball players over the Gophers frontcourt until one of them decides to dunk it.

Thankfully the Gophers only have Purdue on the schedule once next year. Purdue could just throw Swanigan, Hammons, and Haas out there at the same time and set the ball back and forth like volleyball players over the Gophers frontcourt until one of them decides to dunk it.

...as long as they can get the ball up the floor. It would be reminiscent of the old Clemson team with Dale Davis and Elden Campbell. Their best offense was: hurry up and shoot so we can get the rebound and score.

Top Bottom