All Things Richard Pitino Tweets

That is weird- can't believe you leave it like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be that the set up is manufactured with a longer pole on purpose to help fit different ceiling heights. I would guess it gets cut.

Probably cost cutting measures don't allow for cutting. Leave it to be paid for by public safety after Max cuts his head on it.

Maybe they want to be able to lower the hoops so they can host a fantasy camp (similar to what they do in baseball) and give short, unathletic guys like myself the chance to dunk.

Could be that the set up is manufactured with a longer pole on purpose to help fit different ceiling heights. I would guess it gets cut.

Probably correct, they must field cut them. Hoop manufactures prob. have poles they send with for ceilings heights of 20-24', 24'-28', etc. or something like that. Beats me, it just caught my eye.

Regardless, nice to see the hoops in place!

Either that or the rim height in the picture is at 15 feet or so and they need to lower them once the floor is in.

It's coming along!

BBCourtC.png

DGFCDn-U0AAFrIg.jpg

GFBfan is on the right track. No sense setting the hieght when the floor is not finished.

It's going to be a raised floor!

I'm extremely confident the hoops are set at there final height... Which is why a brought up the question of why the poles extend so low beyond the hoop...

And like so often, you are wrong. I am 100% confident that they will remeasure the heights after the final floor is in, then lock it all down, cut and cap the pole end and paint it all.

And like so often, you are wrong. I am 100% confident that they will remeasure the heights after the final floor is in, then lock it all down, cut and cap the pole end and paint it all.

Ok. I'm not wrong they have the hoops set to the correct proposed/planned height. With room for minor adjustment if needed. I did find out (like I assumed) and you are correct they will cut the poles and cap them.

__

Didn't want to bump the thread, but more info for those that are interested;

Yes, the (hoop) installers requested the final flooring thickness from the flooring supplier before install. They try to get them super close so they don't have to go in on the newly finished floor and adjust.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I've always thought Kontae looked like a legit 7'er on the court next to everyone else, Matz has him easily beat... he's gonna look like Shawn Bradley on the college court.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!