Rashad Vaughn declares for the NBA Draft

Both teams have positive outlooks. Obviously one would look favorably at a team that has a stockpile of talent with significant "Upside".

Bucks are a solid 4 man away from being a legitimate team in the East. Kidd has them playing a fun brand of basketball that I actually enjoy watching. If Vaughn can provide offense he is a perfect fit, and that is specifically what Vaughn has shown to be able to do. Now will he buy in and play some defense the way Kidd wants it played? Yet to be seen.

The Wolves have a lot of upside, as Madtown said, they better with three #1 picks on their roster.

Huh? What are you watching? The Bucks are building around their franchise cornerstones - Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari Parker. Both forwards. The front court is locked down. Perhaps you meant Center? Or MCW developing?

Or I'm thinking you don't watch them..

Huh? What are you watching? The Bucks are building around their franchise cornerstones - Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari Parker. Both forwards. The front court is locked down. Perhaps you meant Center? Or MCW developing?

Or I'm thinking you don't watch them..

Both.

Completely forgot about Jabari when I wrote that post, mostly because he was hurt for the back half of the year and because I'm a 100% bandwagon jumper for the Bucks. Center would be the bigger hole absolutely.

The transfer to Findlay Prep in Las Vegas and the associated move of that assistant coach form Robinsdale Cooper. The perplexing choice of UNLV over Kentucky, Kansas, and others (which is especially surprising given his choice to be a one-and-done, those other schools probably would have given him more exposure). And finally his decision to turn pro coming off of a fairly serious knee injury. If his goal was to maximize his earning power, he wasn't rational about it in his choice to go to UNLV and his decision to turn pro this year. To me this points toward someone who doesn't act in a way consistent with long term objectives.

This is just insane. With apologies for presuming to know his motivations, it seemed fairly clear he wanted one year in college and then hit the NBA as a first round pick. He did that. Findlay is more prestigious than Cooper. Then UNLV, which isn't as prestigious as Kentucky I'll admit, but was a place he could be the featured offensive player much more than at Kentucky. Now he's a first round pick. Seems like everything worked out exactly as he wanted it to go. I'm sure he would rather have been picked in the lottery, so I guess you're right he failed.

The transfer to Findlay Prep in Las Vegas and the associated move of that assistant coach form Robinsdale Cooper. The perplexing choice of UNLV over Kentucky, Kansas, and others (which is especially surprising given his choice to be a one-and-done, those other schools probably would have given him more exposure). And finally his decision to turn pro coming off of a fairly serious knee injury. If his goal was to maximize his earning power, he wasn't rational about it in his choice to go to UNLV and his decision to turn pro this year. To me this points toward someone who doesn't act in a way consistent with long term objectives.

Don't forget about the torn meniscus. Very, very poor decision on his part as well.

God forbid someone doesn't think a Minnesotan will be successful at something. Let's all attack him.

dtrain, you're an idiot. Turning pro off a torn meniscus is different than choosing to have one. Nice comprehension skills.

God forbid someone doesn't think a Minnesotan will be successful at something. Let's all attack him. dtrain, you're an idiot. Turning pro off a torn meniscus is different than choosing to have one. Nice comprehension skills.

It's one thing if you just think he will be a bust in the NBA, I'm sure plenty of people do, but complaining about people attacking you after you've spent this whole thread attacking Rashad Vaughn's character, decision making, family, friends, coaches, etc. is pretty rich. Sounds like really sour grapes he didn't pick the Gophers. He ended up where he wanted to, just like Tyus (whom he was picked ahead of) you can be mad he didn't pick the Gophers, but kind of difficult to justify attacking his character when things worked out pretty much exactly how he planned and likely wanted.

Side question, anyone think if Tyus tears his meniscus half way through the season he is a first round pick or even declares? Not meaning that as a knock on Tyus, just the incredible work it must have taken for Vaughn to accomplish that.

And

It's one thing if you just think he will be a bust in the NBA, I'm sure plenty of people do, but complaining about people attacking you after you've spent this whole thread attacking Rashad Vaughn's character, decision making, family, friends, coaches, etc. is pretty rich. Sounds like really sour grapes he didn't pick the Gophers. He ended up where he wanted to, just like Tyus (whom he was picked ahead of) you can be mad he didn't pick the Gophers, but kind of difficult to justify attacking his character when things worked out pretty much exactly how he planned and likely wanted.

Side question, anyone think if Tyus tears his meniscus half way through the season he is a first round pick or even declares? Not meaning that as a knock on Tyus, just the incredible work it must have taken for Vaughn to accomplish that.

the incredible talent and athleticism NBA decision makers see in Rashad's abilities..
I'm guessing Tyus is still at Duke if that happened. Likely, no national title and absolutely no MVP if he is in street clothes. Happy he is a Timberwolve..er wolf..er whatever is correct.

Attaching Vaughn the whole thread? Hahaha! I posted two things about and got ripped for two pages. I also couldn't care less about him not picking the Gophers. He was, as stated by someone previously, the most respectful of the recruits towards the Gophers. I was speculating on his NBA career, which I believe will be brief, and his resulting retirement, by trying to use his past decisions for reference. Sorry that analysis ruffles your feathers so much.

Both.

Completely forgot about Jabari when I wrote that post, mostly because he was hurt for the back half of the year and because I'm a 100% bandwagon jumper for the Bucks. Center would be the bigger hole absolutely.

Agreed. I moved to Milwaukee after school and they're fun to bandwagon. I'm hoping MCW develops, and center is the next hole they fill. I'm thinking they see Vaughn as Mayo's replacement.

I see your point on Jabari. Apologies if I came across like a jerk.

God forbid someone doesn't think a Minnesotan will be successful at something. Let's all attack him. dtrain, you're an idiot. Turning pro off a torn meniscus is different than choosing to have one. Nice comprehension skills.[/]

It was very idiotic of me to think you would get my obvious attempt at sarcastic humor. You are correct.

Vaughn has an NBA game and when he fills out will have an NBA frame. Hence why he was picked ahead of tyys guyxcan drain buckets for days. Bucks got a good player. I find it funny the local Media doesn't even acknowledge that tyus was the second Minnesotan in his grade drafted this year. Its like he never existed.

Don't forget about the torn meniscus. Very, very poor decision on his part as well.

Did you know that it's possible to hold your tongue and say the word meniscus with no loss of phonetic articulation? Try it! :cool:

Attaching Vaughn the whole thread? Hahaha! I posted two things about and got ripped for two pages. I also couldn't care less about him not picking the Gophers. He was, as stated by someone previously, the most respectful of the recruits towards the Gophers. I was speculating on his NBA career, which I believe will be brief, and his resulting retirement, by trying to use his past decisions for reference. Sorry that speculation ruffles your feathers so much.

Fixed

Vaughn has an NBA game and when he fills out will have an NBA frame.

And if he becomes popular he'll have NBA fame, and will attract many hot NBA dames. But if he can't play defense, he'll get NBA maimed and wind up getting dunked on by NBA James.

To everyone trashing the Bucks in this thread:

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13284788/nba-ranking-young-cores-nba

1. Milwaukee Bucks (Projected three-year WARP: 92.5)
Key young players: John Henson, Greg Monroe, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams, Jabari Parker

The Bucks cemented this spot when they signed free-agent Monroe this summer. Monroe doesn't turn 26 until June of next season, yet he likely will be the oldest member of a Milwaukee starting lineup that will grow together over the next few years. Middleton has already established himself as one of the top 10 shooting guards in the league, and if we were re-selecting the 2013 draft, Antetokounmpo might be the first player taken (though it would probably be Utah's Rudy Gobert). And these numbers are almost certainly underselling Parker, whose rookie numbers don't give him a great baseline from which to project.

11. Sacramento Kings (Projected three-year WARP: 54.2); 12. Indiana Pacers (52.0); 13. Washington Wizards (51.4); 14. San Antonio Spurs (49.5); 15. Minnesota Timberwolves (47.5); 16. Houston Rockets (45.4); 17. Los Angeles Lakers (41.8); 18. Chicago Bulls (41.1); 19. Oklahoma City Thunder (39.5); 20. Cleveland Cavaliers (33.4).

Indiana almost made the top 10 simply because Paul George fell on the right side of the cut-off age. Washington is the team to watch, as both John Wall and Bradley Beal are under 26, as is hard-charging Otto Porter. Given the mix of young talent and veterans on hand, if the Wizards make a spirited run next spring, the Kevin Durant situation could get really interesting. On the downside, the Timberwolves lag in our forecast to a surprising degree. Andrew Wiggins' baseline is barely replacement level. We know he's better than that and it's highly likely that he'll look a lot better this time next season.

You can say the same thing about Karl-Anthony Towns and maybe even Zach LaVine. Still, for all the lofty draft picks Minnesota has had, it's important to remember that at this point, they skew much more toward potential than production. As for the Lakers, Jordan Clarkson and D'Angelo Russell come out just fine, but they need a big step forward from Julius Randle to really start moving the WARP needle in the right direction.

is this a bucks board?! aren't you the one that asked people to stop posting about vaughn a year ago when he committed to unlv? now you want to talk about him? and seriously, nobody had posted in this thread in almost a month, you must have been chomping at the bit to get a link like the above!

Ummmmm the article just flashed up on ESPN. Thought it was relevant since people were laughing at my assertion that the Bucks have a good young roster. Vaughn is just as relevant to Gopher basketball as Tyus Jones. Were you outraged at the discussion of Jones on this board after he was drafted?

Ummmmm the article just flashed up on ESPN. Thought it was relevant since people were laughing at my assertion that the Bucks have a good young roster. Vaughn is just as relevant to Gopher basketball as Tyus Jones. Were you outraged at the discussion of Jones on this board after he was drafted?

not outraged. i sincerely hope we continue talking about tyus and vaughn for their entire nba careers on the gophers basketball board.

Using projected WARP to evaluate young players. :banghead:

Go look Pelton's nba draft rankings using WARP and you will see what a clown show the stat is. He had Wiggins as the 17th best prospect according to his made up metric.

Since the draft I have been following the NBA a lot more closely and the Summer league in particular. I am truly ashamed to say it but I am more excited for the Timberwolves than gopher basketball next year. Sorry to continue this OT conversation but I wanted to discuss some more.

I really love both rosters a ton and tbh, would rather go to the Bucks-Wolves game over the Warrios or Cavs-Wolves game.

To compare rosters, Carter Williams definitely gets the nod over Rubio. Middleton as of now is better than Lavine although in in a couple of years that might change. Wiggins and Jabari are about equal but you have to give the edge to Wiggins simply due to health reasons. Monroe is great but in a few years, KAT will be much better. Gourgui and John Henson are about equal. Rashad with the way he has been lighting up summer league should be about equal to Muhamed, instant offense off the bench. And lastly, I don't think the Wolves have anybody to compare to Giannis who I like a lot.

I'd definitely give the edge the Bucks as of now but that might flip in a few years. Regardless, I think both can and or will make it to their conference finals later on. They have the two best young rosters in the league IMO, better than the Magic, Jazz, Lakers or whomever.

Since the draft I have been following the NBA a lot more closely and the Summer league in particular. I am truly ashamed to say it but I am more excited for the Timberwolves than gopher basketball next year. Sorry to continue this OT conversation but I wanted to discuss some more.

I really love both rosters a ton and tbh, would rather go to the Bucks-Wolves game over the Warrios or Cavs-Wolves game.

To compare rosters, Carter Williams definitely gets the nod over Rubio. Middleton as of now is better than Lavine although in in a couple of years that might change. Wiggins and Jabari are about equal but you have to give the edge to Wiggins simply due to health reasons. Monroe is great but in a few years, KAT will be much better. Gourgui and John Henson are about equal. Rashad with the way he has been lighting up summer league should be about equal to Muhamed, instant offense off the bench. And lastly, I don't think the Wolves have anybody to compare to Giannis who I like a lot.

I'd definitely give the edge the Bucks as of now but that might flip in a few years. Regardless, I think both can and or will make it to their conference finals later on. They have the two best young rosters in the league IMO, better than the Magic, Jazz, Lakers or whomever.

I would take Rubio over Michael Carter Williams any day of the week. Shabazz is better than Vaughn as well. Summer league stats really do not matter at all.

With that said Milwaukee does have a nice young core and getting Monroe should help them.

They have a much easier road to the playoffs out east though. The Wolves would compete for a playoff spot in that conference.

I'll always be more excited about the gophs because its college ball and I feel more of an attachment to the U. With that said next year will be somewhere between rough and mediocre for both teams in the win loss column but both teams should expect to take a jump in 2017

I would take Rubio over Michael Carter Williams any day of the week. Shabazz is better than Vaughn as well. Summer league stats really do not matter at all.

With that said Milwaukee does have a nice young core and getting Monroe should help them.

They have a much easier road to the playoffs out east though. The Wolves would compete for a playoff spot in that conference.

Honestly, I'd take MCW over Ricky because of his size and I'd pass on shabazz and I don't know how rashad will do in the nba.

Honestly, I'd take MCW over Ricky because of his size and I'd pass on shabazz and I don't know how rashad will do in the nba.

Carter-Williams is all of two inches taller than Rubio. Rubio has a longer wingspan than Carter-Williams as well.

What do you mean by pass on Shabazz? He was our most efficient player last year before he was injured.

Carter-Williams is all of two inches taller than Rubio. Rubio has a longer wingspan than Carter-Williams as well.

What do you mean by pass on Shabazz? He was our most efficient player last year before he was injured.

I'd pass on him.

Fwiw. I admittedly, in this thread, am not extremely knowledgeable about either team other than watching the end of last season pretty religiously for the bucks. I like MCWs game, a lot.

I'd pass on him.

Fwiw. I admittedly, in this thread, am not extremely knowledgeable about either team other than watching the end of last season pretty religiously for the bucks. I like MCWs game, a lot.

So you admit you don't know much anout the T-Wolves, but you would pass on Shabazz? Makes sense.

I'd pass on him.

MCW is one of the most inefficient PG's in the league. I still can't believe they traded Brandon Knight. I think they will regret that in the long run.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2015/4/8/83...iams-bad-habits-shooting-efficiency-turnovers

The Bucks have a bright future. The Greek freak is a special. Having him along with Parker, Middleton, and Monroe gives them an exciting core of young players. If RV pans out, look out.

Top Bottom