AP: Amanda Zahui B. declares for WNBA draft

True, but don't you think about 6 of them being gone is a good thing? Borton had recruited about 4-5 non-Big Ten players to be on the roster. Sad reality is for the program to make a step forward, they need better players. To get better players, unfortunately the roster composition forced them into a bit of house cleaning.

I did agree it was a good thing for all involved. But now we are almost completely starting over with a whole new team. Now, their only returning players with game experience are guards. Defense was an issue with a rim protector and now they have lost how many rebounds a game? Take away that big a piece and those numbers might be a comfort....people who have an idea of the culture.

I did agree it was a good thing for all involved. But now we are almost completely starting over with a whole new team. Now, their only returning players with game experience are guards. Defense was an issue with a rim protector and now they have lost how many rebounds a game? Take away that big a piece and those numbers might be a comfort....people who have an idea of the culture.

:confused:

You are suggesting we played defense well?
You don't think no longer having the all time Gopher shot blocker adversely effects defense?

I was questioning your comment because it sounded like you were saying the rim defense wasn't good. But I wasn't sure if that is what you meant. That's why the question marks.

Defense was an issue with a rim protector

per Shama:

Amanda Zahui B., the former Gopher who left school with two seasons of eligibility remaining, is averaging nine minutes per game as a rookie for the WNBA’s Shock. The 6-5, 250-pound native of Sweden is scoring 3.3 points and 2.5 rebounds per game.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Zahui B had her best game of the season in the season finale vs. Phoenix with 15 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists in 20 minutes. Tulsa plays at Phoenix on Thursday at 9 pm on ESPN2 in Game 1 of their Western Conference Semifinal.

In case anyone had missed it, Tulsa is moving to Dallas next season so Zahui B will have a new home.

Good for her. In a very selfish way I sure wish she was still with the Gophers for the next two year. I think she has incredible potential.

Top Bottom