Nick Noskowiak, Sun Prairie (Wisconsin)

BuckyGopher

Reaction score
Don't know if this was posted already but looks like MN is in last 4. I know that we are already stacked at the guard spot but NN would be a solid land.

"Cal, Southern Cal, Minnesota and Virginia Tech will continue to bird-dog Noskowiak. Noskowiak visited USC last weekend. Virginia Tech is an interesting because Buzz Williams had gotten Noskowiak to sign with Marquette. Could Williams land this shooter for a second time?"

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...79462-is-uw-definitely-out-on-noskowiak?s=193

This strikes me as fools gold. There's a reason this guy is available again.

Someone remind him he'll have to bring his own water if he signs with SoCal and that can be expensive. Buzz Williams?...well, he could commit and sign and find out he's not on the team. VTech - meh. Go Gophers!

This strikes me as fools gold. There's a reason this guy is available again.

Has some off the court issues. Don't know/won't speculate what they are. By all accounts a very talented player though.

Also VT is the only one of the 4 with an offer listed on any of the recruiting sites.

If there are character issues (don't know if that's the case), take a pass. Already been burned by McNeil (Pitino's first recruit) and Lofton.

There are most definitely character issues with him. But I'd probably lean toward taking a chance on him, only because we are going to be loaded at the guard position and have scholarships to burn. If he acted up we could cut ties and not really lose much. If he panned out we'd have one hell of a back court. It would be cool to have a kid from Sun Prairie too, since that is where I work.

If there are character issues (don't know if that's the case), take a pass. Already been burned by McNeil (Pitino's first recruit) and Lofton.

In general, I disagree. Hopefully the coaching staff does their due-diligence character-wise getting to know the recruit better to see if he would have a positive impact on the program or not, but there are plenty of kids with flawed pasts who really turn things around. Flat out, this program needs quality players. Look at what Iowa State's been doing.

Rumors are a troubled past and parental issues, some argue the trouble is all parental, others argue the trouble is the kid. I believe he was living in the Green Bay area or rumored to be at one point or another with a relative?

Disclaimer: I'm pulling off what I remembered reading off the news article comment sections so this is in no way an insider note other than I'm living in Wisconsin and I've heard the stories about him.

In general, I disagree. Hopefully the coaching staff does their due-diligence character-wise getting to know the recruit better to see if he would have a positive impact on the program or not, but there are plenty of kids with flawed pasts who really turn things around. Flat out, this program needs quality players. Look at what Iowa State's been doing.

+1

Reminds a little of Aaron Craft. If Pitino wants him I'm all for him being a gopher. I wonder why Wisconsin isn't interested

Reminds a little of Aaron Craft. If Pitino wants him I'm all for him being a gopher. I wonder why Wisconsin isn't interested

Never offered and were not interested because they got Pritzl and because of whatever the issues are surrounding him and his family.

If he is good enough to a Gopher, if he can be a good person, if he won't fuch up, if Pitino can make him valuable, I would welcome him aboard. That's a lot of if's.

If he is good enough to a Gopher, if he can be a good person, if he won't fuch up, if Pitino can make him valuable, I would welcome him aboard. That's a lot of if's.

You are the expert on 'if's and butt's'.

I spoke with GW regarding this prospect and he said "If he can see the sea the end of an era is nigh".

heavy lean to USC. LOADS of good in his game but very concerned about some of the intangible things i look for.

Don't know if this was posted already but looks like MN is in last 4. I know that we are already stacked at the guard spot but NN would be a solid land.

"Cal, Southern Cal, Minnesota and Virginia Tech will continue to bird-dog Noskowiak. Noskowiak visited USC last weekend. Virginia Tech is an interesting because Buzz Williams had gotten Noskowiak to sign with Marquette. Could Williams land this shooter for a second time?"

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...79462-is-uw-definitely-out-on-noskowiak?s=193

He's not down to four schools from what I hear.

Top Bottom