All Things Final 4 Thread

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Thought we should have a central repository for Final 4 news/tweets/etc.

Even more concrete evidence, and pretty freaky too:

pVNbA5k.jpg

Wisconsin at bottom of graduation rates:

If the 68 teams were seeded by graduation rates, the Badgers would be a bottom seed. They have the lowest Graduation Success Rate for black men of zero and the third-lowest overall at 40 percent. They were one of 16 teams that should be disqualified for historically graduating less than 50 percent of either black or white players or having an overall rate under 50 percent.

Link

Wisconsin at bottom of graduation rates:

If the 68 teams were seeded by graduation rates, the Badgers would be a bottom seed. They have the lowest Graduation Success Rate for black men of zero and the third-lowest overall at 40 percent. They were one of 16 teams that should be disqualified for historically graduating less than 50 percent of either black or white players or having an overall rate under 50 percent.

Link

Sconnie has Black players??!! Get out!!

I'm usually a bigger fan of the first weekend of the tournament than I am of the Final Four, but this year is different. I'm excited to watch the games because of the interesting contrasts in styles between the teams, especially on the left side of the bracket. I wouldn't miss that game for the world...OK, maybe for the world.

Final 4 picks

Taking a break from the Pitino watch. Who ya' got?

I'm going with, Duke, Wisconsin, Wisconsin. Nigel Hayes MOP.

Memories...

This logo hanging in the entrance to Lucas Oil confirms that this particular tournament did indeed happen and was not completely vacated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 39

The Fighting Irish almost won last week; I think the Fighting Whities win today. It'll be one massive Frat Party on State St tonight!

The Fighting Irish almost won last week; I think the Fighting Whities win today. It'll be one massive Frat Party on State St tonight!

It's always fun that people say "oh Kentucky almost lost to Notre Dame, so they will lose to Wisconsin!!"

When you can turn right around and say Wisconsin almost lost to Oregon and UNC and actually did lose to Rutgers, Maryland, and Duke at home. So tell me how almost losing one game to ND makes UK more beatable than Wisconsin? It could certainly go either way, but the ND game is hardly evidence Wisconsin will win.

How much the crowd will influence the Kentucky-Wisconsin game in particular will be interesting. There was a huge Big Blue contingent at the practice sessions yesterday, and Bucky had its usual solid fan base there too. Who knows if there will be enough of either to make enough noise inside a cavernous dome, or if Kentucky's quest for perfection will win out over potential support for Wisconsin as an underdog.

Wisconsin is certainly capable of spreading the floor enough to score against Kentucky (though Coach Cal has surely thought of that). But even if they score, I don't think they stop Kentucky's offense, which is plenty efficient on its own. I could see either team pulling by in a close one (and I think it will be a close one). I would not be surprised, however, to see Kentucky crush Wisky if the Buzzcuts' shots aren't falling. I would be quite surprised indeed to see Wisconsin crush Kentucky.

I predict it's Kentucky in a nailbiter and Duke with a comfortable win in the semis, with Kentucky winning the final by about 8.

Some nice officiating once again. So inconsistent.

Weak foul on Dawson. Winslow just fell over.

I'd just like to know how these guys were picked to officiate one of the biggest games of the year. This game has been so unwatchable. Michigan St may end up forfeiting because their entire team will foul out.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, if Wisconsin can navigate the Kentucky-Duke gauntlet they will definitely have earned their national championship. The Dookies have looked very tough tonight.

After watching this game I can say I'm thankful we have Mason instead of Tum Tum. Time will tell if I'm mistaken.

A Miles Tarver sighting!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom