ESPN: Minnesota's De'Vondre Campbell can't help but think about TCU rematch

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I like Campbell's comments. Nothing bulletin board worthy for TCU, he gives them a lot of respect, yet expresses confidence. I like that he's already thinking about this game.

per ESPN:

"It’s never too early to get ahead," Campbell said Tuesday morning. "But of all the games we played, that one is one that bothered me -- especially later in the season once I saw what they were accomplishing. Because I felt like this was a really good team, but we could have competed with them a lot better.

"I’m not taking anything away from them. I’ll still stick with my opinion that I think that was the best team we played last year."

"Looking back at that game, if you watched it, you see that they always had a short field," Campbell said. “I think their longest drive of the game was [51 yards], and they might have got a field goal. But other than that, they were always on our side of the field.

"We do have a really good team, and I feel like we don’t get enough credit as a team because of Minnesota’s recent history of not having those good teams. I honestly feel like we can compete with anybody if given the opportunity. ... I honestly think that beating a team like TCU would definitely open a lot of eyes."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...ampbell-cant-help-but-think-about-tcu-rematch

Go Gophers!!

agree with you bleed. He's confident. Just wants to ball is all.

I like Campbell's comments. Nothing bulletin board worthy for TCU, he gives them a lot of respect, yet expresses confidence. I like that he's already thinking about this game.

per ESPN:

"It’s never too early to get ahead," Campbell said Tuesday morning. "But of all the games we played, that one is one that bothered me -- especially later in the season once I saw what they were accomplishing. Because I felt like this was a really good team, but we could have competed with them a lot better.

"I’m not taking anything away from them. I’ll still stick with my opinion that I think that was the best team we played last year."

"Looking back at that game, if you watched it, you see that they always had a short field," Campbell said. “I think their longest drive of the game was [51 yards], and they might have got a field goal. But other than that, they were always on our side of the field.

"We do have a really good team, and I feel like we don’t get enough credit as a team because of Minnesota’s recent history of not having those good teams. I honestly feel like we can compete with anybody if given the opportunity. ... I honestly think that beating a team like TCU would definitely open a lot of eyes."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...ampbell-cant-help-but-think-about-tcu-rematch

Go Gophers!!

Perhaps nothing for TCU's board but it may end up on OSU's.

per ESPN:

Go Gophers!!

Glad to see we're giving OSU some good material in late March.

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it.

I also think TCU was the best team in the country last year.

I mean, the Gophers lost by a touchdown against OSU compared to 23 to TCU (the only game they weren't in). What conclusion would you come to as a player?

I also think TCU was the best team in the country last year.

Baylor didnt think so. Ohio st would of beat TCU. Put them in the meat grinder like they did to everybody else. Just to physical for them Big 12 teams. TCU was really good though

In hindsight, TCU vs Ohio State should have been the NC. Obviously that's not the way it works, though.

I mean, the Gophers lost by a touchdown against OSU compared to 23 to TCU (the only game they weren't in). What conclusion would you come to as a player?

Exactly, Campbell did not say TCU was the best in the country, he said best they played last year.

It's all timing. TCU when we played them was playing better than OSU was when we played them. The run of games OSU put on to end the season (with their 3rd string QB) leaves little doubt about who was the best team in the country.

Top Bottom