Andre Hollins invited to Portsmouth

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Great news for Andre. Hope all of our seniors catch on somewhere and can keep playing if they'd like!

Go Gophers!!

I'm happy Andre was invited, but if Andre was invited I think Mo should have been invited. Statistically he had at least as good of a year.

I'm happy Andre was invited, but if Andre was invited I think Mo should have been invited. Statistically he had at least as good of a year.

Teams likely see less upside in mo. He's a powerful big with little rebounding and defense in college. He won't be able to muscle NBA talent around and if he cannot rebound or rim protect what good is he?

Andre could possibly be seen as a guy you run off screens for a shot or two.

Running through Teddy Archer tweets, who I guess is representing Eliason, looks like Maverick Ahanmisi is/was playing overseas.

Teams likely see less upside in mo. He's a powerful big with little rebounding and defense in college. He won't be able to muscle NBA talent around and if he cannot rebound or rim protect what good is he?

I agree with you, but I still think he deserved an invite as much as Andre. The majority of guys who go to Portsmouth don't make the NBA anyway.

Austin didn't get an invite last year,I wonder who does the inviting.Mo didn't get an invite because it's an event for guards.

Both kids will make their money oversea's if they make any money at all from playing basketball. Neither have any shot at the NBA.

Dre is the type of player that can spend 10-15 years playing pro ball and still make millions. Not making the NBA is no shame at all.

Dre is the type of player that can spend 10-15 years playing pro ball and still make millions. Not making the NBA is no shame at all.

Absolutely. I constantly shake my head at the guys in the NBDL who make peanuts. There are such a small handful who realistically have a shot at the NBA. I'll take a quality Euro league, a six figure salary, a team paid apartment, team paid car, 4 round trip tickets home and a generous per diem while I spend 5-10 years sightseeing in my free time.

Absolutely. I constantly shake my head at the guys in the NBDL who make peanuts. There are such a small handful who realistically have a shot at the NBA. I'll take a quality Euro league, a six figure salary, a team paid apartment, team paid car, 4 round trip tickets home and a generous per diem while I spend 5-10 years sightseeing in my free time.

...and the women over there are hot!!

Thanks to the 1997 Final Four run Clem has earned legendary status in Minnesota, but that wasn't the case prior to the run. Clem did and said some head scratching things.

I can't hear 'Portsmouth' without remembering the early 1990's when Clem threatened to boycott the B1G season if Randy Carter and Ziggy didn't get invites. My roommate was from Iowa and had played on the scout team at Indiana. He was merciless towards Clem and this was one his favorite Clem moments. He still brings it up.

When we were getting beat up Clem used to get up off the stool, stand up and do what looked like a 'Hook 'em Horns' sign while he spun his wrist back and forth calling some sort of play. It got to the point that every time the opposing team scored a few unanswered baskets my roommate would get up off the sofa, put his hand on his hip and spin the "hook 'em Horns' sign at me.

My roomie also did the best impression of Clem that I've ever heard a white man do. After one game at the end of Voshon Lenard's Junior year he'd had made a big mistake or something and they asked Clem about it and Clem said quote: "Voshon jussababy still". To this day when we're on the phone he'll still drop a "Voshon jussababy" on me, lol.

Thanks to the 1997 Final Four run Clem has earned legendary status in Minnesota, but that wasn't the case prior to the run. Clem did and said some head scratching things.

I can't hear 'Portsmouth' without remembering the early 1990's when Clem threatened to boycott the B1G season if Randy Carter and Ziggy didn't get invites. My roommate was from Iowa and had played on the scout team at Indiana. He was merciless towards Clem and this was one his favorite Clem moments. He still brings it up.

When we were getting beat up Clem used to get up off the stool, stand up and do what looked like a 'Hook 'em Horns' sign while he spun his wrist back and forth calling some sort of play. It got to the point that every time the opposing team scored a few unanswered baskets my roommate would get up off the sofa, put his hand on his hip and spin the "hook 'em Horns' sign at me.

My roomie also did the best impression of Clem that I've ever heard a white man do. After one game at the end of Voshon Lenard's Junior year he'd had made a big mistake or something and they asked Clem about it and Clem said quote: "Voshon jussababy still". To this day when we're on the phone he'll still drop a "Voshon jussababy" on me, lol.

I lol'd alot ty

Austin didn't get an invite last year,I wonder who does the inviting.Mo didn't get an invite because it's an event for guards.

https://www.portsmouthinvitational.com/team-five.html

Turns out Mo and Andre were on the same team.. Roger Brown's Restaurant, whatever the hell that is.

https://www.portsmouthinvitational.com/schedule-results.html
https://nebula.wsimg.com/f126878451...B07FB78C28CE66D80&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
- Looks like Mo had a couple of good games and one dog, while Dre struggled.

https://www.portsmouthinvitational.com/team-five.html

Turns out Mo and Andre were on the same team.. Roger Brown's Restaurant, whatever the hell that is.

https://www.portsmouthinvitational.com/schedule-results.html
https://nebula.wsimg.com/f126878451...B07FB78C28CE66D80&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
- Looks like Mo had a couple of good games and one dog, while Dre struggled.

probably not going to happen but if Kendrick Perkins and Anthony Bennett can play minutes in the NBA, no reason Mo couldn't at least be given a look IMO

Andre will be successful in life with or without basketball, but wish him luck. couldn't have asked for a better representative of our program.

Andre will be successful in life with or without basketball, but wish him luck. couldn't have asked for a better representative of our program.

I love Andre Hollins; I'm just not sure he's a pro basketball player. He can have a pretty nice and stable life with a degree from the Carlson School.

He can certainly be a pro over in Europe. Lesser players are making good money there right now.

Didn't know where to put this, but Mo Walker is working out for the Lakers today in LA.

Top Bottom