Who are you cheering for in Final 4? KENTUCKY or wisconsin?

Who are you cheering for in Final 4? KENTUCKY or wisconsin?

• KENTUCKY

Votes: 79 74.5%
  • wisconsin

Votes: 27 25.5%

• Total voters

I'd go for the Grinch against Izzo in the final. Then thoroughly enjoy watching Izzo do a beatdown on Wisky.

A Kentucky/Duke final would frankly make me puke!!

Most of the time that isn't the case however. In the past and in the future there will be a lot more recruits (especially local recruits) that will be deciding between MN and WI than MN and MSU.

Time will tell if you are right or wrong. The kid from Grand Rapids doesn't count because we had no scholarships left when he committed.

Furthermore, why does it matter where a lost recruit goes? As I've posted above, we have competition throughout the Big Ten and outside of it. If we lose Boucher to TCU and don't get an acceptable replacement big man recruit, I won't feel any better that he didn't go to Wisconsin.

Big Ten all the way, Baby! Best thing for Minnesota recruiting.

I would root for the Gophers if they made the final 4 simply because of the joy I know it would bring so many people I know and the people on this board. Some people take this stuff way to seriously.

I would root for the Gophers if they made the final 4 simply because of the joy I know it would bring so many people I know and the people on this board. Some people take this stuff way to seriously.

r1xS4WP.gif

I applaud Wisconsin

2 Final Fours in a row.
17 NCAA tournaments in a row.

AND, they are now actually running an offense that is focused on scoring rather than holding the ball (despite what the TV dudes thought yesterday).

Bravo.

Win it all. Make the Big Ten proud.

BTW, quite a Final Four from a Minnesota fan's perspective:
- An undefeated hated team
- Bucky
- Sparty
- Tyus

2 Final Fours in a row. 17 NCAA tournaments in a row. AND, they are now actually running an offense that is focused on scoring rather than holding the ball (despite what the TV dudes thought yesterday). Bravo. Win it all. Make the Big Ten proud. BTW, quite a Final Four from a Minnesota fan's perspective: - An undefeated hated team - Bucky - Sparty - Tyus

Speak for yourself, but I have no hatred what so ever for the undefeated team. Hoping they finish the job.

Speak for yourself, but I have no hatred what so ever for the undefeated team. Hoping they finish the job.

Not speaking for myself. Speaking for the majority of the college basketball fan base.

I wonder if UNC fans are rooting for Duke to win it all?

I hate Kentucky. And I want them to beat your beloved badgers by fifty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bruce, but it really is the same offense. The difference is the talent level. 3 first round picks on the front line, a point guard with Duke, Carolina and Kansas offers and a 4 year glue guy like Gasser are going to help you win a lot of games.

The fact they can score 80 points in 60 possessions against good teams is what makes this team special.

They average fewer possessions than the 2013 team, which was a terrible offense.

To be fair, it is easier to say that when your teams have been very successful. Your tune would probably be a little bit different if the Badgers have been average to bad most of your life while the Gophers were constantly towards the top of the conference.

And I hope your statement about people taking this stuff way too seriously is meant to include your fellow WI fans as well, not just Gophers fans.

Time will tell if you are right or wrong. The kid from Grand Rapids doesn't count because we had no scholarships left when he committed.

Furthermore, why does it matter where a lost recruit goes? As I've posted above, we have competition throughout the Big Ten and outside of it. If we lose Boucher to TCU and don't get an acceptable replacement big man recruit, I won't feel any better that he didn't go to Wisconsin.

Fair enough. I guess my point all along was that over the years we have competed against WI for local recruits more than any other program. Them winning big doesn't help our chances of getting those guys who are down to us and them. That is all.

Where's the applause for Michigan State? Izzo has been more impressive than Bo and Michigan State is right there in the final four.

Just kidding we all know you are a Badger fan.

Where's the applause for Michigan State? Izzo has been more impressive than Bo and Michigan State is right there in the final four.

You're right. Izzo is kind of the forgotten man here but getting to the final four was a more impressive achievement for his team than for Bo's. Nobody, probably including Izzo, ever expected this Michigan State team to get to the final four. They lost to Texas Southern and even us at home.

I think it is interesting that we have no trouble rooting for MSU but won't root for Wisconsin because of recruiting. Meanwhile, MSU had three guys we wanted and came close to getting in Nairn, Schilling, and Ellis. I hate Wisconsin because they are a rival, but no one should be cheering for MSU if "recruiting" is the reason.

Same. I don't hate Wisconsin because of recruiting. I hate them because that's part of the job description of being a Gopher fan.

Thanks Bruce, but it really is the same offense. The difference is the talent level. 3 first round picks on the front line, a point guard with Duke, Carolina and Kansas offers and a 4 year glue guy like Gasser are going to help you win a lot of games.

The fact they can score 80 points in 60 possessions against good teams is what makes this team special.

They average fewer possessions than the 2013 team, which was a terrible offense.

Bo was on CBS during the halftime of the Duke game essentially saying the same thing without admitting that he's finally got a talented team. Nothing has changed with the offensive style of the Badgers during Bo's tenure, they just have guys that can hit shots now. Think of past Badger teams and try and name someone as talented as Dekker or Kaminsky, who can essentially get their own shot late in a possession. Not to mention when was the last time the Badgers had someone who could play above and around the rim like those two? Add in Gasser who would be a starter on just about every team in the country despite being the least talked about player on the team, Nigel Hayes who, while definitely less impressive this season, is a very nice PF and Koenig who is a threat from the outside and a very competent facilitator of that offense and you've got a dream team for Wisconsin basketball. Their biggest flaw, depth, doesn't come into play because of the system and the intelligence of the team, they "do not foul" (don't get fouls called on them) and they don't run and do a good job of limiting teams from running on them to cause fatigue.

I'd like to vote for a meteor vaporizing Lucas Oil Stadium during the game, but then there would be a scramble to find an alternative site for our beloved Golden Gopher football team to play for the BT championship in December. To avoid that possibility, one must cheer for the lesser of evils. Clearly that is Kentucky.

I hate the Badgers as much as anyone, but I have to give the devil his due. They've earned everything they've gotten, and the do practically everything the right way. As painful and damaging as it would be for them to advance to the final, I can't pull for Kentucky. That would feel petty.

If I have to I will hold my nose and vote for KY. I can't stand three of the four teams remaining, so "Go State".

I'm praying that diarrhea mouth Jim Spanarkel never works a game again

I'm praying that diarrhea mouth Jim Spanarkel never works a game again

And his partner Verne Lundquist was awful yesterday during the MSU-Louisville game. Made all kinds of mistakes. Almost seemed like he wasn't prepared, which is unlike Lundquist because he's always been a real pro.

I could NEVER pull for Wisconsin. NEVER. MSU first, followed by KY, then Duke.

Top Bottom