Sid: Hails Kill

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Hails Kill

Nobody has the background and knowledge to do a better job analyzing college football than Gerry DiNardo, who was the coach at Vanderbilt, Louisiana State and Indiana before going into television, first for ESPN and since 2007 for the Big Ten Network.

Watching the Gophers in spring practice this past week, DiNardo said the program has never been in better hands.

“The first thing that jumps out at you when you come to Minnesota’s practices is how efficient the practice is,” DiNardo said. “It’s as efficient as any team that you’re going to see practice. I think part of that is that Jerry Kill’s staff has been with him so long so everyone knows what’s expected of the staff and the players.

“The second thing that jumped out is it appears to be the most talented [Gophers] team I’ve seen in eight years. There’s some issues. They’ll have to throw the ball better, they have to replace David Cobb. So I’m not saying they’re a finished product, and there are some areas where they have to continue to improve. But from [players] 1-105 or 1-85, they’re the most talented team I’ve seen.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/297901171.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Nobody than the former coach of Vanderbilt and Indiana?
Such power football programs with fortitude...

You have selectively left out LSU, where he was at least average, with an 18-20-1 record in the SEC. Jerry might not have been a great coach but he's been around enough to recognize good coaching.

And he was hired for those jobs, along with being hired at LSU.

And you?

You just love being the turd in the punch-bowl, don't you?

He was on the staff of McCartney at Colorado when they won the National Championship. He also played on a National Championship team at Notre Dame. He has been around, you know.

"...But from [players] 1-105 or 1-85, they’re the most talented team I’ve seen.”

That is a pretty heavy duty statement. One that Gopher fans haven't heard in many decades.

We could be in "Barber-Maroney" territory with RBs this year with the best D most of you can remember. We need a healthy Mitch.

Just to add to what Husker said - he was the OC under McCartney when they won the NC

You have selectively left out LSU, where he was at least average, with an 18-20-1 record in the SEC. Jerry might not have been a great coach but he's been around enough to recognize good coaching.

avg. yes....with all that talent and recruiting pool, so he rounded out at Indiana.

proved my point for me

You just love being the turd in the punch-bowl, don't you?

I'm stealing this one.

Also, perhaps i'm more realistic than you? I don't know....not exactly what sure your
personal issue is, I don't think i'll dig too deep in what all your issues are and why, but
this is a site of thoughts, opinions, information, knowledge, etc etc etc.
So, settle down, Francis.

"...But from [players] 1-105 or 1-85, they’re the most talented team I’ve seen.”

That is a pretty heavy duty statement. One that Gopher fans haven't heard in many decades.

We could be in "Barber-Maroney" territory with RBs this year with the best D most of you can remember. We need a healthy Mitch.

On BTN Live the other night, Dinardo stated that he had seen 4 teams from the West up to this point.
Those teams were Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, and Minnesota.
He stated "Of those 4 I've seen up to this point, Minnesota has the best Defensive talent."

On BTN Live the other night, Dinardo stated that he had seen 4 teams from the West up to this point.
Those teams were Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, and Minnesota.
He stated "Of those 4 I've seen up to this point, Minnesota has the best Defensive talent."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that after seeing Iowa, Illinois, and Purdue, DiNardo will still chose Minnesota as having the best defensive talent in the West.

Top Bottom