Sid: There is concern about how basketball ticket renewal will go next year

BleedGopher

Reaction score

If the seat licenses are really going up, I'm going to think long and hard.

There is no way they can raise seat fees again for hoops. That would be laughable.

There is no way they can raise seat fees again for hoops. That would be laughable.

As laughable as the football ticket increases over the next couple years when they always have 15000 empty seats? The athletic department needs the money so the prices are going to go up. What other sports can they raise the prices for besides football, basketball, and hockey?

I'm afraid you should prepare yourself to laugh. I imagine that they will be mimicking the football system.

I'm afraid you should prepare yourself to laugh. I imagine that they will be mimicking the football system.

I am guessing that you are right. Does anyone know when this increase will be formally announced? I have been trying to figure out how my budget can absorb the Football ticket increase. If this is true, my decision will be relatively easy- I will drop both.

As laughable as the football ticket increases over the next couple years when they always have 15000 empty seats? The athletic department needs the money so the prices are going to go up. What other sports can they raise the prices for besides football, basketball, and hockey?

Price increases will only increase revenue if people still buy the product. For how much push back they got raising the football tickets after a moderately successful season, I can't imagine that raising prices on basketball tickets after a total trainwreck of a season would help them. A high price tag on an empty seat doesn't do anything to address the athletic department's need for money.

I am guessing that you are right. Does anyone know when this increase will be formally announced? I have been trying to figure out how my budget can absorb the Football ticket increase. If this is true, my decision will be relatively easy- I will drop both.

They may wait until we make the tournament again, so this disaster of a season may have saved us.

However, nothing will surprise me.

First I've heard of this. Thought it might be at least a couple years down the road after the recent reshuffling. If they're going to do this, it would be refreshing if they at least announced a couple (good) non-conference opponents before the time we have to pony up for season tickets.

Thanks for that. Although I have no trouble picturing Norwood playing the part of Ed the Car Salesman selling a car to Clark Griswold.

"I know what must have happened. It didn't come in. Now I can get you the Sports Wagon; the only problem is that it may take six weeks. I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster is the way to go. You think you hate it now, but just wait until you drive it."

Top Bottom