Stadium Village Loses ANOTHER Restaurant--Campus Pizza to Close TONIGHT

gopherguy05

Section 246 Row 4
Reaction score
Hearing from people who are there tonight, apparently Campus Pizza is closing after bar close tonight and will not be reopening.

Another Stadium Village spot bites the dust.

That place has lost its charm. Its so bloated with buildings.

Hearing from people who are there tonight, apparently Campus Pizza is closing after bar close tonight and will not be reopening.

Another Stadium Village spot bites the dust.
Wow, they just moved over to that new space within the last few years didn't they? Bummer.

Wow, they just moved over to that new space within the last few years didn't they? Bummer.

Its probably been 5-6 years that they've been in the new spot. Really sad to see them go.

Hm, that's strange. Based on my time on campus the past 4 years, the place has always seemed pretty popular.

I think they did ok for pre-game (whatever sport) but I don't think they did a ton of business otherwise. Their pizza was really expensive for what it was. I went there a lot just because it was usually a place I could find a table.

Hopefully something moves in. The options for pre-game are really limited if you're not a tailgater.

What is the latest on Sally's?

I talked with someone who was working on the Sally's construction about a week ago, and I believe he told me they were opening a week from Monday, which would be March 30, so probably next week sometime.

I am going to miss CP. One less mom-and-pop, individual places to go. Outside of Sturb's and Big Ten, not much left in that regard on campus.

I talked with someone who was working on the Sally's construction about a week ago, and I believe he told me they were opening a week from Monday, which would be March 30, so probably next week sometime.

I am going to miss CP. One less mom-and-pop, individual places to go. Outside of Sturb's and Big Ten, not much left in that regard on campus.

Don't forget about Village Wok!

I will too - I loved Campus Pizza and espcially their Italian fries. I'm guessing that new space had to cost a ton in rent, it was so big. I loved it across the street, just a little hole in the wall.

They moved across the street in 2009, so it's been five plus years in the new location. Filed Chapter 11 in mid-2014 and I guess they couldn't figure out a way to make a go of it. As Gopher Lady guessed, looks like the rent was a killer. It's been one of my regular places on campus for over twenty years, I'll really miss it.

Count me in as missing Campus pizza as well. It is really too bad to see it go after being there so long.

Top Bottom