Wisconsin misses on Diamond Stone

good!! it's interesting that bo continues to miss out on big time in-state athletes. obviously he's doing well with the program, so its not hurting him, but over the past two years he's missed out on what could be the best front line in the nation a year or so down the line, or one of them, with looney, wally's brother and now stone. bo offered all three and whiffed on all three.

That's interesting considering Bo has a very good track record for developing big men. He helped build Kaminsky, Leuer and Berggren into good to great players, but who knows, maybe that formula only works for 2 and 3 star players, not for the 5-star blue chippers.

That's interesting considering Bo has a very good track record for developing big men. He helped build Kaminsky, Leuer and Berggren into good to great players, but who knows, maybe that formula only works for 2 and 3 star players, not for the 5-star blue chippers.
Evan Anderson says, "yeah wtf!"

Read the ESPN article which references ties between Stone's AAU team and Underarmor, which is evidently also connected to the Terps.

Terps are a major power and will be very tough next year - they return Trimble, Layton, Watts and a GA Tech transfer becomes game eligible.

Diamond who? If he isn't a Gopher or a Gopher miss, then who cares? We will kick his ass wherever he plays.

Read the ESPN article which references ties between Stone's AAU team and Underarmor, which is evidently also connected to the Terps.

Terps are a major power and will be very tough next year - they return Trimble, Layton, Watts and a GA Tech transfer becomes game eligible.

You think Trimble comes back?

Think of how good he will be and how high his stock will be if he says through his sophomore year. He should stay, guess that's all I can say. I'd add that I value him as the greater NBA prospect than Tyus in part because he's much stronger.

Anybody know how many scholarships Maryland has for this class? They are the ones I would be worried about losing Malik Ellison to most if he has a committable offer.

Diamond who? If he isn't a Gopher or a Gopher miss, then who cares? We will kick his ass wherever he plays.

Actually Tubby offered him like 3 years ago, I wanna say we were one of his first offers. He even did an interview with Gopherhole.

Anybody know how many scholarships Maryland has for this class? They are the ones I would be worried about losing Malik Ellison to most if he has a committable offer.

Maryland backed off Malik long ago.

If Dekker goes pro, Wisconsin will have to rely on a lot of unknowns next year. Even Hayes has looked at going pro.

They'll be losing Kaminsky, Gasser, Jackson, and Dukan. Then add in Dekker and they'll be losing a huge portion of their rotation. AI may have to play right away for them.

and they would still finish top 4 in the Big10

That sort of IS the ongoing drama - how long that streak can be perpetuated. It's not automatic, especially if they keep whiffing on their top targets.

Pretty surprising. He's going to Maryland.

Shouldnt be a suprise at all. Inner city Milwaukee kids dont grow up Badger fans. Badgers get kids from the Milwaukee Metro area(football & basketball) inner city kids dont give a sh*t about the Badgers!

Badgers will not be as strong next year that is for sure. I hope Dekker goes pro. I think that would be in his best interest anyway.

That sort of IS the ongoing drama - how long that streak can be perpetuated. It's not automatic, especially if they keep whiffing on their top targets.

It sure seems that way. Bo may be jerk, but he is a great coach.

And at worst 7-8 spots ahead of the Gophers in the conference standings.

Geesh, SS, you are really down on the coach and squad... Hang in there I think next year will be more fun than you think.

Keep talking up the Badgers and talking down the Gophers. Isn't lke this is a Gopher board or anything. Decker with his play of late should and will go pro.

They cooled on him.

What is funny about this is Wisconsin fans are once again saying it is only because of their tough admission requirements. Believe it or not, there are some players that just don't want to go to wi.

What is funny about this is Wisconsin fans are once again saying it is only because of their tough admission requirements. Believe it or not, there are some players that just don't want to go to wi.

UW not big on 1 and done types. Or guys that don't want to play D. They'll find players.

UW not big on 1 and done types. Or guys that don't want to play D. They'll find players.

Yet, according to Jeff Potrykus of the Journal Sentinel Feb. 12, 2015

"UW continues to recruit Whitefish Bay Dominican senior center Diamond Stone, one of the top unsigned players in the 2015 class."

Hmmmm...did it take Bobo that long to figure out he would be a 1 and done?

Top Bottom