Wisconsin misses on Diamond Stone

UW does return their most valuable asset, Bo Ryan. Year after year people say that this is the year where UW falls short in the Big 10 and every year he has his team play with skill and precision. The only variable is the fluctuation in raw athletic ability. But in skill no one employs skill better than Ryan

builtbadgers, why do you post here so often. Just curious, not hating.

UW does return their most valuable asset, Bo Ryan. Year after year people say that this is the year where UW falls short in the Big 10 and every year he has his team play with skill and precision. The only variable is the fluctuation in raw athletic ability. But in skill no one employs skill better than Ryan

That's true to some extent, but the difference between the last two (Final Four) Wisconsin teams and the rest of them is that they've got a five-star player (Dekker) mixed in with the rest of these overachieving guys.

UW not big on 1 and done types. Or guys that don't want to play D. They'll find players.

As if they have ever had the chance on signing a 1 and done player...lol. Pretty easy to make that statement if none want to play for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As if they have ever had the chance on signing a 1 and done player...lol. Pretty easy to make that statement if none want to play for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it matter? They do what they do well. Its pretty sad that all we can get excited about is how they missed on a recruit, and one we're not even getting, but one that is going to another of our opponents.

because i am not from Wisconsin or Minnesota . Had deep ties at UW while Bennetts were there and still have a good relationship with Greg GARD. Used to scout this territory for UW. Retired now but have family in Minneapolis and have always admired your hockey program. Very big fan of great teachers as coaches and have followed J. Kill from long before he got to UM. have been very frustrated by the poor way they have attempted to build the basketball program from a weak leadership position. My own personal interest lies at UCLA as i am from there,went to school there, grad school there and scouted there for a long time. Would love to see UM get it right but it requires hiring builders and they establish a culture that you enhance year after year. You need someone who believes in taking better shots then the other team, disrupting the quality of the other teams shots, winning the rebounding and turnover battles and unless you can recruit like Duke stressing fundamentals over and over. As you win more you attract better players. Jerry Kill does it in football and it is very hard to do in football. In basketball if you watch UW or UVA play they make you beat yourself by staying with what they do and taking away what you do. Many people think that is boring have not looked at how pace of play looks slow for UVA but get inside the reason. they actually take 20 seconds to shoot, opponents 21 and what you factor in the turnover differential the disparity grows even further because turnover possessions are short possession. UVA slows people down with their suffocating defense. NOW they have back to back ACC crowns and 30 win seasons with every one of note coming back next year and a top 10 class for 2016. So i want to see UM do well but for that to happen you will have to hope PITINO is a master builder and teacher and unfortunately fans have to exercise the things most humans lack; PATIENCE

Change your name to builtucla, people will like you better.

Was brought up to not waste one minute on being liked, that living well was about being authentic, endlessly curious, and kind and helpful to others. Pretty old now, 75 and that has served me very well.

Was brought up to not waste one minute on being liked, that living well was about being authentic, endlessly curious, and kind and helpful to others. Pretty old now, 75 and that has served me very well.

Your right, you're not liked. The only good Badger is the passed-out Badger.

UVA slows people down with their suffocating defense. NOW they have back to back ACC crowns and 30 win seasons with every one of note coming back next year and a top 10 class for 2016.

Your post was good, but I don't know if the claim above will be true. That junior guard/forward (Anderson?) is listed on some mocks as a first rounder and that temptation may be hard to resist. As a junior who is projected as a first rounder, you usually don't improve your draft stock by staying in school.

Then why did they recruit him?

He's a good player. But they don't offer same package as some schools. Dekker wanted it and he did not. Dekker is way better player now than he was when he came in. We'll see how Stone does. Tokoto would have been better at UW. He has not improved much at UNC. And won less too..

Anderson is coming back because he values something even more than basketball. He will be told by Jerry West, Pop, etc.. that his handle is poor and he can not make NBA threes. right now he has been told he would be 26th to 32nd. Further your going to see a big mark up by the current frosh and the addition of the Tennessee transfer Thompson who sat out this year and is a very quick athletic kid that can get to the rim and is a defensive terror.

That's interesting considering Bo has a very good track record for developing big men. He helped build Kaminsky, Leuer and Berggren into good to great players, but who knows, maybe that formula only works for 2 and 3 star players, not for the 5-star blue chippers.

Last time I checked, Diamond Stone was a 5 star player who was one of the top big men in the country. That means he likely won't be staying around long enough for a lot of development. I'm mildly surprised that Ryan recruited him.

I do wonder how Maryland's Diamonte Dodd feels about this development and whether he will consider transferring.

because i am not from Wisconsin or Minnesota . Had deep ties at UW while Bennetts were there and still have a good relationship with Greg GARD. Used to scout this territory for UW. Retired now but have family in Minneapolis and have always admired your hockey program. Very big fan of great teachers as coaches and have followed J. Kill from long before he got to UM. have been very frustrated by the poor way they have attempted to build the basketball program from a weak leadership position. My own personal interest lies at UCLA as i am from there,went to school there, grad school there and scouted there for a long time. Would love to see UM get it right but it requires hiring builders and they establish a culture that you enhance year after year. You need someone who believes in taking better shots then the other team, disrupting the quality of the other teams shots, winning the rebounding and turnover battles and unless you can recruit like Duke stressing fundamentals over and over. As you win more you attract better players. Jerry Kill does it in football and it is very hard to do in football. In basketball if you watch UW or UVA play they make you beat yourself by staying with what they do and taking away what you do. Many people think that is boring have not looked at how pace of play looks slow for UVA but get inside the reason. they actually take 20 seconds to shoot, opponents 21 and what you factor in the turnover differential the disparity grows even further because turnover possessions are short possession. UVA slows people down with their suffocating defense. NOW they have back to back ACC crowns and 30 win seasons with every one of note coming back next year and a top 10 class for 2016. So i want to see UM do well but for that to happen you will have to hope PITINO is a master builder and teacher and unfortunately fans have to exercise the things most humans lack; PATIENCE

I'm one of those people who don't think Badger offense is unwatchable. I consider it very watchable. They're not slow; they're patient, which gets them quality shots, which is nicer to watch than some one-on-one off-balance prayer because you wouldn't dream of passing the ball. (You know who you are, Carlos.)

A spring recruit? He must be a reach, GH experts only likes Fall recruits.

Top Bottom