What grade would you give the Gophers 2014-2015 hockey season?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • C

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • D

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • F

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

C. Badly down B10, preseason #1, barely scrape into ncaa and get blown out. Expectations were to run away with the b10 and be there in the FF. Far too many no shows from a team this good talent wise. The 2 banners are the only reason it's not an F

C-.

Won a bad Big Ten regular season and tournament, but blew chunks when it mattered most and didn't come close to pres-season hype.

F - based upon the talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Underachieved all year. The only thing keeping from an F are the banners that will be hung.

This is way too easy, F. Getting absolutely pounded in the first round. That's all u need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious on the comments on talent. Is there a lot of talent? Who will play in the NHL? Fasching and….

Curious on the comments on talent. Is there a lot of talent? Who will play in the NHL? Fasching and….

Ton of picks on this team (14 or so). Skjei and Reilly are locks for the league. Boyd will get a shot as well rau. Ambroz in the minors. Warning also minors. Fasching is a mystery. Has the frame but God he has no consistent puck control. Has to make a leap bc his size is not enough at the next level. So 2 for sure guys in the league plus 2 more with for sure shots. Add in some heralded underclassmen who won't leave yet as well as wilcox and that's where the talent assessment comes from

F-
Not sure if there is such a thing as an F- but that's what I'm giving them ! This team has been heartless bunch of underachievers all year.
Lucia has been in coast mode for a decade now. It's time for him to move on. This was just another in a long series of first round playoff games where they were just not ready to crank it up to the playoff level hockey.
Paddy Daddy was scathing in his analysis of the Gophers performance online this morning. "At the other end of the ice, the hope among most attendees was that Kasimir Kaskisuo brought his phone, because he had plenty of time to rip through a dozen levels of Candy Crush ". What does Lucia say. "It just wasn't our night ".
The powers that be need to take a long look at this program and make some changes. Hockey is the sport that Minnesotans are most passionate about. However, we have an AD who doesn't even know what a puck is. As a result, I doubt that what needs to happen will happen.

I struggle with this question. When I answer this on the football and basketball boards, I don't grade them on the "good by Minnesota standards" scale, I grade them on the expectations I would set for a random major conference team. If those are the standards, I think it has to be a B. Only 8 teams in the country get to play deeper into the postseason than we do, and we did get to hang a conference regular season and tournament banner.

If I do put us on the "Minnesota standards" scale, that obviously has the opposite effect of what it would for basketball and football. When I consider what this team was capable of and the talent they have, I give them a D. As bad as it was, it could have been worse. We could have folded up shop when we were sitting on the outside looking in in the pairwise rankings and missed the tournament altogether (that would be an F). Instead, we went on a pretty dominant late season run, and reached the tournament before refusing to exert any effort once we got there. That was embarrassing, but definitely not the worst case scenario.

Didn't win an NCAA championship...F for fail.
And I don't want one recruit coming in here that doesn't agree with me.

Didn't win an NCAA championship...F for fail.
And I don't want one recruit coming in here that doesn't agree with me.

So every coach not named Brooks or Lucia was a straight F student? All "F"s for John Mariucci? Doug Woog? Brad Buetow? Glen Sonmor?

Top Bottom