Rashad Vaughn to teh NBA

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
He is leaving quite the legacy at UNLV.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Would love if he slipped to the mid/late 2nd rd.

Good luck, Rashad. It's the plan most of us were predicting since the move to Vegas. I hope it works for you. Save your money. You won't regret it.

Vaughn just tweeted that he hasn't made a decision yet.

Projected to be a 2nd round pick = no guaranteed $ ... risky move. Good luck Rashad if you go.

If he leaves, that would put a TON more pressure on Rice to land local 7-footer Zimmerman from Bishop Gorman. I don't think he has a chance anyway but who knows. Zimmerman is being chased hard by UCLA, Kentucky, Arizona, and Kansas.

Good luck to him. Kids trusting unpaid, amateur advisors are getting what they paid for.

How was he overrated? He averaged 18 points and 5 rebounds as a freshman. Shot 38% from 3.

Some people here deluded themselves into believing he would be a lottery pick. He cannot play defense, and he is selfish. His 2 point percentage and free throw percentage aren't special either.

This guy won't do anything in the NBA.

Some people here deluded themselves into believing he would be a lottery pick. He cannot play defense, and he is selfish. His 2 point percentage and free throw percentage aren't special either.

I don't disagree with your points, but he is extremely talented and if a coach could improve these three areas, he has a chance to have an NBA career.

This guy won't do anything in the NBA.

Sounds like he will fit right in the association

I don't disagree with your points, but he is extremely talented and if a coach could improve these three areas, he has a chance to have an NBA career.

The problem for Vaughn is he has NBADL written all over him. 3 years of being paid very little. But that's on him. Either he can make it or not. UNLV isn't a great place to be right now.

The problem for Vaughn is he has NBADL written all over him. 3 years of being paid very little. But that's on him. Either he can make it or not. UNLV isn't a great place to be right now.

The kid is selfish and not very bright. He thought he would be a 'Justise Winslow' star & lotto pick at this point, but in reality he is way behind Tyus (who likely has a guaranteed contract) at pick ~#25

I can't believe he'd declare for the draft after an injury-stunted season.

I can't believe he'd declare for the draft after an injury-stunted season.

My only thought is he's concerned his injury pattern could continue and then never get drafted. This may be the healthiest he is in his life so he wants to try and get paid as much as possible. Seems like an odd move overall, but may as well try and get something if the alternative is chronic injury problems and getting nothing.

The kid is selfish and not very bright.

Why do people keep saying this? It seems like an unwarranted stigma attached to him just because he eliminated the gophers early instead of stringing them along.

Why do people keep saying this? It seems like an unwarranted stigma attached to him just because he eliminated the gophers early instead of stringing them along.

Because it happens to be true. Tyus doesn't have the same stigma towards him in general because, A) He didn't have a handler B) He chose a respectable program C) He's a selfless player who cares about more than his stats.
Big difference between the two.

Vaughn chose his own AAU team for selfish reasons. Didn't want to share shots with Jones Travis etc

That's an understatement. The local assumption is that they basically extended Dave Rice for one year to preserve any CHANCE they had at landing the local 5-star recruit, Zimmerman, from Bishop Gorman. The Gorman coach happens to be Dave Rice's little brother, Grant Rice.

A year from now it could easily be; no Vaughn, no Zimmerman, no Dave Rice!!

Top Bottom